View Poll Results: Here's the versions of FFIV in no particular order. Which was your first conquest?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • SNES US

21 56.76%
  • SNES JP

0 0%
  • SNES JP EasyType

0 0%
  • PSX

5 13.51%
  • Wonderswan

0 0%
  • DS

2 5.41%
  • Not yet beaten the game

3 8.11%
  • ReloadPsi you frickin' imbecile, you missed a version! Now I have to post telling you what it was!

6 16.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First version you completed?

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

When my mother bought the GBA port for me I played until my characters reached the final boss, but, for some reason, I stopped playing.

I played the DS remake with Jeremy, but I didn't actually finish the game; he did. I didn't even watch the ending of FFIV, because I was asleep, and I wouldn't get up.

A few months ago I found a great deal on Ebay, though: FFIV, FFIV Easytype, FFV, and FFVI Super Famicon cartridges were for sale (together) for about forty dollars, and I bought them. Maybe I'll play one of them next month.
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 08-16-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I finished my first playthrough of Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy II in 1992.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hardtype. When I was a kid too and it was hella hard.

But the first version I played was when "Cure" was "Keal"
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    When player accents go bad
    Player 1: Oh no, you're hurt, I want to Keal you.
    Player 2: What?! You want to kill me! :o
    Figaro Castle

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    US SNES version, as that was the only one available.

Fun Fact: Before Gamestop merged with Funcoland, Funcoland was a mail-in used video game business where they would send monthly magazines with all of the games available(this was in the early 90s 16 bit era, so there weren't thousands of games yet) and their prices if you buy them from or sell them to FuncoLand(This magazine is the predecesor to Game Informer and for a year or two the magazine was a mix of gaming news and reviews and their latest pricing of games, rather than just game pricing). Under the NES section they had Final Fantasy I and II listed. Imagine my amazement when I saw that Final Fantasy II was also being released on the NES! I rushed to three or four different stores in town, only to get looks ranging from, "Wha?" to "Kid, you've got two heads. What the hell are you talking about?" So I called up Funcoland, determined to obtain my copy of Final Fantasy II for the NES. I learned that it was a misprint and they only carried Final Fantasy II for the SNES. The sadder part is that they still printed that they carried Final Fantasy II for the NES for several months after that.
    Same here. I played a rented copy a lot since there was nowhere nearby to buy games that had it. Eventually in about '95 or so, I actually got a company from Funcoland, so it's interesting that you brought them up Mullet. I've since beaten the PSX and GBA versions as well. I'll get the DS one too, but not for a bit. I have Revenant Wings and FFIII waiting for me when I get back home so I doubt I'll have time for it for a bit.

I had the SNES FFII shortly after it came out. However, I didn't beat Zeromus until probably 6-7 years later. Obviously, I hadn't been trying the whole time. I got to him several times, and got served up something fierce. But eventually, I got him, and I couldn't believe it! Now I can breeze past him no problem, even without a great party.

I played through it the first time with my older brother who can't pronounce anything right. To this day, I still say Damcyan as "DAM-i-kin", Eblan as "EM-blin", Chocobo as "KO-ko-bo" and Kainazzo as "kee-yan-AH-zo". I know they're wrong, but it's habit now. Though I maintain that Chocobo is right.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PlayStation re-release for me. I was lucky enough to find the PAL FF Anthology (IV plus V) half-price, only a couple of months after it came out. While IV's not exactly my favourite, it's still a damn fine game and it was great to finally experience a pivotal piece of FF history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Hardtype. When I was a kid too and it was hella hard.

...eh? What the hell?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I think it was the psx.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

snes. was the best.
    For some reason when i rented psx, i couldn't sit through it. it wasn't the same, so i played the snes. something about the original.