Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zomg Babies~

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Zomg Babies~

I know so many people who have had many very young or very old. The other day I heard a 60 yeard old just had a baby. Is that zomg WRONG!

How young or too old is too young to have babies? :mog:

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

sk's age minus one day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten
    I know so many people who have had many very young or very old
    I don't know, all the babies I've known people to have are exactly zero years old.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think that if you're too young to support yourself and the baby, you might want to keep your legs closed.

Physically, I think there are girls giving birth before they're 10, but only in extreme cases.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

When you're out of compulsory education it's not so bad, but in school it's just wrong.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the youngest girl to ever be pregnant was five :P

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Old people should stop doing stuff like that. Seriously old people, once you get past like 45 you should stop acting like your not past 45. Also, on the other end of the spectrum, people under 20 shouldn't have babies either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Old people should stop doing stuff like that. Seriously old people, once you get past like 45 you should stop acting like your not past 45. Also, on the other end of the spectrum, people under 20 shouldn't have babies either.
    Thanks a lot. BAD IMAGE! BAD IMAGE!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only want a kid after I turn 25, to be honest. I don't want to have a child until I'm well settled into a secure career, so that the baby will never be lacking anything they need.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    placeholder_text.jpeg

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

if only there was a way to give birth to a two year old baby. I hate it when they're younger than that

Adoption much?

You can skip the middle-man. (Painful-unnecessary childbirth!)

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

The extremes should be 19-38 imho. Of course there are always going to be exceptions: you can't really put blanket rules on this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Adoption much?

You can skip the middle-man. (Painful-unnecessary childbirth!)
    Problem is people want to pass on their own genes, creating their heritage through raising someone just isn't enough for most people. Which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, although more adoption would definitely help a lot of people.

I'm a big supporter of adoption. I wish people would do it more. If I get married and we want children (which I don't), I hope my [hypothetical] wife definitely considers adoption, even if we still have our own kids.

I personally think that if you are still devoted to something that tends to be a social requirement (AKA school (NOT college)) then you are to young. So 19 or 18 and below. I also think, that things like stable jobs and a stable financial AND emotional setting are a MUST when having kids, chances are the younger ages don't meet both those requirements, either because they are not mature enough or because they don't have the kind of work skills or background needed to financially take care of a child.

Old? I think 40+ is to old only because of increased risk to both the mother and the baby. I mean 35 is the TRUE increase age but I'll be nice and go with 40.

As for me~ Most of my family, including grandparents and parents and cousins and aunts and uncles, have all had their first kid between the age of 21 and 24. My husband is 24 and I am 22 (23 Nov. 1st) and our baby will show her pretty face in just a couple of weeks.

There are plenty of people who think 22 is a bad age for kids, I don't know why, but I guess it depends on the person. Some 22 year old college students are out drinking and partying. My husband and myself are as old and older and well.. we've been living like we're in our 30's with a couple of kids already. Some people would call that a bad thing though too. :P

In all cases it depends on the person. My husbands parents had his older brother when they were 15 and 17 and him when they were 17 and 19, and then his younger brother two years later and his sister two years after that. They've been good parents and didn't really have problems like some people have with maturity. Granted, they did drop out of school but that was their own choice, just like keeping his brother and him were their own choice.