Thread: Breaking Dawn (*Spoilers inside*)

Default Breaking Dawn (*Spoilers inside*)

As some of you know, Breaking Dawn (the 4th and final book of the Twilight series), was released on August 2nd.

I'm just wondering what your opinions on the book were.

Discuss BD, or just discuss the whole Twilight series if you'd like

And of course, mark your spoilers :P

My opinion? Well, I thought it was terrible. D: The characters were so OOC, and I just hated the WHOLE plot. Okay, while I agree that Stephenie Meyer isn't the best author, I loved the first three. They were more like crack than anything else. I expected it to be bad, just not THIS bad. I cannot even wrap my mind around what the hell she was thinking when she was writing this. I regret spending money on it. Stephenie Meyer fails at life.

Also, (SPOILER)I'm pretty sure Stephenie Meyer has said herself in interviews that it is not possible to have any babies, vampire/vampire OR vampire/human. So, I honestly have no idea how the baby we call Renesmee (or Nessie =|) came to be. She has said in recent interviews that this is how she had planned this years ago when Twilight was released. Oh rly? It is not possible, so I choose to believe that this story has ended at Eclipse. I'd rather just throw in a wedding at the end of that and left it there. D:

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought it was alright. As you said, alot of things happened that seemed so out of character. In fact I think Bella was so different in this book you wouldn't believe it was the same narrator from the first 3 books. And that's not because of the "characters grow over time" excuse, it simply wasn't the same person.

(SPOILER)Quite frankly, anything in this book that has to be marked as a spoiler, just sucked. I didn't like that Bella had a baby, and I don't like who Jacob imprinted on. I personally would have found the story 10 times more interesting if Jacob had imprinted on Bella after she turned into a vampire. (That would certainly spice up the story, wouldn't it?) I also do not like the fact that it had this "Happily ever after" ending, with no deaths to any important characters.

Team Edward, by the way.

Also, the Twilight movie trailer. YouTube - Twilight Teaser Trailer 2
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 08-11-2008 at 09:07 PM.

It was disappointing compared to the others. D: I mean, I still liked reading it, but meh. It was still suck-ish.

(SPOILER)Yeah, I agree, Bella was just not Bella after she changed. And the whole "OMG the Volturi are coming let's prepare for a fight!" was soo disappointing ;_; I was all revved up to read some action, but then all they did was TALK and then they went away. How anti-climatic. xD
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I really liked it xD

(SPOILER)
    I didn't think they were that out of character. Having a baby can change absolutely everything. Bella is an adult in Breaking Dawn, no longer a teenager (figuratively). She's acting as she would as a mother in 90% of the book

I don't remember Stephanie Meyer saying that it was impossible for human/vampire babies to be born, just that it wasn't possible for vampire/vampire because female vampires can't get pregnant.

So as long as the vampire is the male, human/vampire babies are possible in this series.

...and I loved Nessie n.n
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 08-12-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: kfein

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Some people are going to be sad that you didn't mark your spoilers.

Actually, she answered this question a while ago on the Twilight Lexicon, which is a website she sponsors and moderates.

(SPOILER)
    "Question: Can vampires have babies? What happens when a woman is pregnant and gets changed?

SM: No. In the Twilight universe, a vampire's only bodily fluid is its venom; this replaces the saliva and other fluids. Thus, vampires have no sperm, so they cannot make vampire babies. When a human is changed into a vampire, they are essentially "frozen" and thus will stay same way forever. If a pregnant woman is changed, she will remain pregnant forever, no matter what stage her pregnancy was in, two days or eight months, and the baby will never be born.

This also explains Alice's hair. Before she was changed, she was in an asylum, so her hair had been shaved off, and it was just growing back when she was changed. If you have long hair and you are changed, but then you cut that hair, it will not grow back. They can style their hair, though, such as getting hair extensions or using curling and straightening irons. "

It was deleted shortly after BD was released. I think that they deleted it to make her story (that she had planned for the baby to happen during the making of Twilight) plausible.

This is part of the reason I didn't like it. She just keeps contradicting herself. Plus it's not like she forgot she said all of this. It's like she erased it and made up her own little story about how it was meant to happen. When really, if it was planned she never would have said this in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I thought it was alright. As you said, alot of things happened that seemed so out of character. In fact I think Bella was so different in this book you wouldn't believe it was the same narrator from the first 3 books. And that's not because of the "characters grow over time" excuse, it simply wasn't the same person.

(SPOILER)Quite frankly, anything in this book that has to be marked as a spoiler, just sucked. I didn't like that Bella had a baby, and I don't like who Jacob imprinted on. I personally would have found the story 10 times more interesting if Jacob had imprinted on Bella after she turned into a vampire. (That would certainly spice up the story, wouldn't it?) I also do not like the fact that it had this "Happily ever after" ending, with no deaths to any important characters.

Team Edward, by the way.

Also, the Twilight movie trailer. YouTube - Twilight Teaser Trailer 2
    Yeah, I didn't see any change at all. I just saw Bella go from actually acting like herself to being a totally different person. And I don't mean because of her (SPOILER)pregnancy. She was different before that. She was still whiny, just a different kind of whiny.

And don't even get me started about the (SPOILER)Volturi. They're supposed to be the tough rule of the vampire world and they left without a fight? I refuse to believe that this would actually happen. I want my fight. It's just not fair how Bella got her soulmate, a child, and her amazing family without having to sacrifice a thing. Happy endings are just not my style.

i'm giving up,

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was redonkulous. I really did not like it at all.

I haven't finished the book yet, but I'm far enough to point out that the book hits several levels of "wrong-ness." For example...
    (SPOILER)Vampires are typically considered undead. Does having sex with a vampire count as necrophilia?
    Also, while Bella was pregnant, Edward said he'd rather she had puppies. Hmmm... "sharing" his wife, and with a dog?
    Then Jacob falls inexplicably in love with a 5-minute-old baby...

One of my friends agreed with me on all of that, but everybody else is telling me that I'm thinking too hard and I should just enjoy the book. I actually asked about that first bit back when I was reading Twilight, because (SPOILER)on page 310, at the end of chapter 14, Edward more or less said said that they couldn't have sex because he'd crush her pelvis. I had to ask their opinion about it.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I've spoiled myself on all parts of the plot so far, haven't read it yet, and my only view is truly epic lulz. They just keep on getting worse imo.

(SPOILER)reneesme. RENEESME. genius

Looking forward to hiraaarious vampire sex and bella self-hate

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I always wondered if Bella would have fallen in love with Edward if he was Fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    I've spoiled myself on all parts of the plot so far, haven't read it yet, and my only view is truly epic lulz. They just keep on getting worse imo.

(SPOILER)How would you even pronouce that? XD

Sadly, the vampire sex was all ~fade to black and implied innuendos. xD And there's this one point where Bella is like BEGGING for sex. It's just sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I always wondered if Bella would have fallen in love with Edward if he was Fugly.
    Probably not. xD Then Edward would have eaten her.

And Twilight would not exist.

i'm giving up,

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ff7+ff10 gurl 100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post

(SPOILER)How would you even pronouce that? XD

Sadly, the vampire sex was all ~fade to black and implied innuendos. xD And there's this one point where Bella is like BEGGING for sex. It's just sad, really.
    (SPOILER)Oh well, I'm sure Bella like BEGGING for sex and the innuendo will be just as funny