Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever completed this game?

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Im on disc four but I havent beaten it yet cause I cant find my playstation memory card.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I beat it once. Every other time I tried to play it again something happened and I just never ended up finishing it again. Oh well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Since when was an RPG actually hard?
    You've never played a MegaTen game have you? Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (Lucifer's Call if you're European) has made a many a hardcore RPG fan cry and suck their thumb as they tightly held onto their favorite Final Fantasy.

I love FF8, but I hate it, if you get what I mean. Sadly and embarassingly, I've never finished it.

My first time through, I had exactly 6 GFs when I got to disc 4 (didn't figure out to draw them from bosses til it was too late). I saved in the time compression, not knowing I couldn't go back. I was completely unprepared for the big sorceress battle, and never got into the castle. I had to start over.

I've tried re-playing it several times. I keep forgetting a certain GF and starting over, because I learned the hard way that without GFs, you are *screwed!* Truthfully, I've only passed disc 1 on ONE occasion. I really hate FF8. But I still love it. It's weird.

FFXIV Character

New Wave (Excalibur)

I remember beating this game for the first time, got all the way to final form Ultimecia and dying.

Had to start all over, man that pissed me off. :mog:
    what?!, huh?!, DUDE!

"OK -- so he looks "cool" when he turns into a Ninja.So what? He's still a pussy."-FF1_Geek

It has one of the best FF endings, if not the best. I bought it when it first came out, and I was not that crazy about the game at first. Infact, I lost interest when I had to find the White Seed ship, and a couple years later a friend made me watch the ending. That was inspiration to go back and finish what I started.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SABR View Post
    I've tried re-playing it several times. I keep forgetting a certain GF and starting over, because I learned the hard way that without GFs, you are *screwed!* Truthfully, I've only passed disc 1 on ONE occasion. I really hate FF8. But I still love it. It's weird.
    Except you can get most of the Guardian Forces INSIDE Ultimecia's Castle. Practically every boss there has a GF you can draw from it, if you don't already have the corresponding one. Even then, the only GF's you really need are Alexander, Bahamut, Cerberus, Diablos, Doomtrain and Quezacotl. All the rest are just making up the numbers really, and filling out the Junction slots.

If you're really having that hard a time of it though, I suggest you actually level LESS. Omega Weapon is the only enemy whose level doesn't scale with yours, and the lower level will cause your enemies to actually have less abilities, e.g. Ruby Dragons won't be able to use Breath, while you can manipulate Mid Mag-RF, High Mag-RF, and Forbid Mag-RF into getting you the higher level spells that you can't draw from the weaker enemies. This puts you at an overwhelming advantage over them as you junction these spells to your stats.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

I officially change my answer to "yes, I have completed this game."
    Last edited by SABR; 09-25-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Like 20 times.

Simple enough. But I lost my copy and have to find a replacement on Am/eBay. It's been, what, six years? Shaet.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I've beaten it two or three times. I feel your pain though. During one playthrough *every time* I summoned Brothers the game froze and there was absolutely nothing I could do to fix it.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prisonic Fairytale View Post
    I've beaten it two or three times. I feel your pain though. During one playthrough *every time* I summoned Brothers the game froze and there was absolutely nothing I could do to fix it.
    Take it from a pro, brothers is unnecessary. By the time you get it you're either really low leveled or actually higher levelled than what most people would be (training near timber took me to level 50+ by fighting Vysage on disc 1) In case of the former well, Quezacotl, Ifrit, Shiva will do nicely until you pick up leviathan and pandemonium on disc 2, very few opponents are weak to earth damage. If like me you tend to be level 50+ by the end of disc 1 then you can start using Diablo to good effect, his damage is based on hp and capped at 9,999 so you can quickly take sizable chunks off an opponent of around 4000+ a summon with him from level 50 onwards. Below level 50 Diablos doesn't do much damage because enemy hp is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Take it from a pro, brothers is unnecessary. By the time you get it you're either really low leveled or actually higher levelled than what most people would be (training near timber took me to level 50+ by fighting Vysage on disc 1) In case of the former well, Quezacotl, Ifrit, Shiva will do nicely until you pick up leviathan and pandemonium on disc 2, very few opponents are weak to earth damage. If like me you tend to be level 50+ by the end of disc 1 then you can start using Diablo to good effect, his damage is based on hp and capped at 9,999 so you can quickly take sizable chunks off an opponent of around 4000+ a summon with him from level 50 onwards. Below level 50 Diablos doesn't do much damage because enemy hp is low.
    Yes, I know quite alot about Final Fantasy VIII.

It was just annoying. Although I hardly use GFs at all. Their learned abilities far outweigh their benefit as attackers. I even find that the defense that their HP provides then they are being summoned is more useful, especially Tonberry.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I beat it once but i didnt get all the good stuff.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Default ff8: collecting of Vase pieces

anyone knows how to get the piece of vase in armorr suit???