Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I now officially hate FFIV DS

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    FFII SNES didn't have dark, but it also didn't have recall, salve, or ATB. FFII US was not very truthful to the original in terms of gameplay.
    Begging your pardon but the US version most certainly did have ATB! It just didn't show you the gauges! In case you didn't notice enemy commands occured if you waited, and some abilities took longer to happen than others. The difference is that the US version was set to "Wait" by default and couldn't be switched, but if you just sat there on a character's basic set of commands (Attack, Item etc) enemies still attacked.

I'm guessing that you didn't read anything about FFIV-DS before you bought it, because if you did, you would have known that this game is massively "harder" than it's original.

The second my husband bought it, I told him "You're lucky you like leveling, because you're going to need it on bosses" and... yeah guess what, he plays the game like a game should be played, what ever you need to do to beat the game you do.

When he got Edward, Cecil was lvl 20, Edward comes along being lvl 9. Sure, my husband complained for.. oh.. 2 hours about Edward being useless, but he leveled him up to everyone else and hasn't had the need to complain since. When Cecil went pally and got back down to lvl 1, yeah he complained, but he leveled him up and got him back to normal.

Last time I checked, all of his chara's are atleast lvl 40 (I think the highest at lvl 46) and he's at Golbez in dwarfen castle or what ever.

Either way, he loves that game more than anything now, I could see him easily play it a million more times.

As for me, I hate level grinding. I'll prolly have all my chara's under leveled and dying constantly through the game, but that's not about to make me hate the game so much I'll only do one play through.

But again, everything you're complaining about was well known before the game even came out in america, clearly the game sells and people love it, so they're not really big enough of a deal for people to want to play it through once and never touch it again.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

I was about to post something ban-inducing, but I just barely managed to calm down.

I just got killed by two blue dragons. They used that cheap icestorm attack. You know, the one that kills EVERYONE if the enemies use it twice?

Smurf this game. I officially retract every positive comment I ever made about it. It's no fun unless you level-grind, and if you actually find that enjoyable, something is seriously wrong with you.

I'm not even sure if this is safe to post, but I am currently suppressing inconceivable rage right now. I'm never touching this game again.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

I was about to post something ban-inducing, but I just barely managed to calm down.

I just got killed by two blue dragons. They used that cheap icestorm attack. You know, the one that kills EVERYONE if the enemies use it twice?

Smurf this game. I officially retract every positive comment I ever made about it. It's no fun unless you level-grind, and if you actually find that enjoyable, something is seriously wrong with you.

I'm not even sure if this is safe to post, but I am currently suppressing inconceivable rage right now. I'm never touching this game again.

I really do not see how it is a level grind. I have done absolutely no level grinding, just fought all the random battles that occurred going throughout the normal course of the game and have not had a problem with the game at all. The only way I can see someone not being high enough level to kill a monster is if they run from a skullskullskullskull load of battles.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

PM me for my address, you can mail it to me, then.

I never had to level grind. I already told you, you are at the levels I was when I beat the game.

Maybe move on to other parts of the core and get the other legendary weapons? Then go back and try again.

FFIV DS hard? I must have missed that part. I only died twice through my first play through. When I died I grinded some levels, which leveling seemed way too easy compared to the original. The Dark Elf, Golbez, The Wall and Zemus have always given me the most trouble, but I beat them all on my first try. I was remembering SNES FF4 being a tough game, but the DS version is a sinch...maybe too easy. Just grind some levels before a boss fight, and there you go. No, I had no trouble with the DS game, and love it. The voice acting is the only thing that I find weak about this version, but even that isn't that bad.

My characters are all in the high 60's and I'm in the lunar subterrane. No one's responding to my other thread, so I'd like to ask now: am I underleveled?
    Not underleveled, but if you are having problems then buy a couple hundred Sirens and use them on the moons surface. Fighting the worm with level lust will boost you to level 99 within a few hours.

Try this next time - have everyone except Rosa defend cast(dualcast if you have it) Slow, then Berserk on them. It helps alot, and berserk prevents them from using icestorm. I've found that many of the lunar sub enemies are susceptible to status effects. Gold and silver dragons are weak to stop, the wizards(can't remember the actual name) are weak to toad and you can prevent the other dragon's attacks by using berserk and slow to slow em down. Also, if you use slow and give cecil both the counter and draw attacks augments w/ the combination of berserk, u have no one to heal but cecil and you can have him defend every turn and still attack.

for 90% of the fights in the game... slow works
    one of the best strategies for random encounters
    Cecil with Draw Attack, Counter, use Brace... cast berserk on enemies.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Slow is a very viable spell in Final Fantasy IV. In fact, it works on every enemy in the game and gives players more time to execute decisions and commands.

Rydia is meant to be a Summoner rather than a Black Mage; similarly, Yuna is meant to be a Summoner rather than a White Mage. Meteor is a symbolic spell by that point as Rydia is able to cause more damage with Bahamut for less MP and time cost.

If you feel that the game is too hard, you may want to approach every battle like a boss battle. Use your status effect spells. Use Defend. They work!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If you find yourself running out of MP, there are two things you should use.

1) Osmose. A great spell that steals MP t(Black Magic)

2) Pray. It also restores some MP now.

better yet is the augment:
    Bless
    Ability: Slowly increases entire party's MP.
    How to Obtain: After the CPU is defeated and you watch the events that
    precede the battle, go to the Crystal Palace and there should be a sparkling spot near the entrance to the crystal room.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I just beat the SNES ff4 I think it was too easy.
    Is good to know there is a more difficult version.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

hope ur local game shop duz trade-in lol