Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any PS2 RPG recommendations for me?

Default Do you have any PS2 RPG recommendations for me?

I've got Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Shadow Hearts: From The New World what else should I buy?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Persona 3 FES

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    Persona 3 FES
    Anything else? By the way what do you think of my games?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

arc lad

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

You should probably narrow down your search as asking for a game recommendation from the PS2 library opens you up to hundreds of choices.

I'm going to throw in a completely random one, Silent Hill 2. Good game.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, I would suggest the Disgaea series, Persona 3 FES as well... the Valkyrie Profile games are okay, and you should definitely get Tales of Symphonia if you don't already have it for GameCube.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    I've got Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Shadow Hearts: From The New World what else should I buy?
    FFX, Phantasy Star Universe, and Threads of Fate (PS1) :</>D!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    You should probably narrow down your search as asking for a game recommendation from the PS2 library opens you up to hundreds of choices.
    I did narrow down my search I asked "Do you have any PS2 RPG recommendations for me?"

RPG stands for Role-Playing-Game you didn't know that did you? I don't care about games like Silent Hill 2 I just want more role playing games but I only want good role playing games.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahahaha Dreddz got pwnd

Final Fantasy X is definitely worth getting. X-2 probably is too. The Shadow Hearts games are quite great. Persona 3: FES is a correct recommendation as well. Suikoden III and, even more, Suikoden V. Rogue Galaxy is fun. The Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games are Roguelikes (Think Diablo), but they're awesome. Anything from NIS.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Don't be so aggressive towards Dreddz just because he fails :(.

Anyway, I'll recommend Persona 3: FES too, like several others did.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Final Fantasy X is definitely worth getting. X-2 probably is too. The Shadow Hearts games are quite great. Persona 3: FES is a correct recommendation as well. Suikoden III and, even more, Suikoden V. Rogue Galaxy is fun. The Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games are Roguelikes (Think Diablo), but they're awesome. Anything from NIS.
    What about Suikoden IV is that game any good?

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you're already a fan of Suikoden you'll want to get IV just for completion's sake. If you're not already deeply into the series, and willing to forgive or overlook a pretty flawed game, steer well clear.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    I'm not into KH or SO and I haven't tried SH, but FF XII was great. Try Final Fantasy X, and probably try FF X-2, although I haven't played it but people have mixed feelings about it.

Just get a great pc and buy The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion! !!!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    If you're already a fan of Suikoden you'll want to get IV just for completion's sake. If you're not already deeply into the series, and unwilling to forgive or overlook a pretty flawed game, steer well clear.
    It wouldn't be the first time I bought a flawed RPG because I bought Okage: Shadow King and that game was god awful in my opinion.

Shadow King tried so hard to be funny but in the end it didn't make me laugh at all but Paper Mario 2 made me laugh my ass off.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not saying that Suikoden is BAD, per se. I chose flawed specifically. There are significant flaws to the game, and you need a reason to overlook them. For a lot of longtime Suikoden fans, simply seeing more of the world is enough - seeing the plot through to completely suffices. That's why I say a fan of the series might find it better than someone who isn't, and why an uninducted person would be better off starting with III or V (Or if you can get them, I or II on the PSX).