Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So did Georgia.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    I think MILF, Magixion, Azar, DK and others on the pro-H3 side, as well as Vivi22 and others on the opposition have all articulated their ideas well and in a courteous manner, just a little unwarranted attacks have disrupted it a little.
    Sorry. I'll try to tone it down next time.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    The Backstreet Boys were sure as hell influential for all the music that dominated radio for quite a few years, but that doesn't mean it was innovative.

In the strict sense of the word which Magixion introduced to this thread, influence, or impact thereafter, has nothing to do with innovation, although I'm sure most of us consider it an important aspect in our own personal meaning of the word.
    This still comes off like you're confusing innovation for originality. Innovation is more like bringing something to the table that is a new take on an idea brought about through thinking, experimentation and growth, rather than something entirely new altogether. It remains a fact that Halo 3 put a buttload of ideas together in one game in an extremely functional and easy to use way on a format that it has never been achieved at the scale Halo 3 does it at before. That, to me, is innovation.
    That's why I will concede that it has brought some new and good stuff to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by unfinished fantasy
    it's not ignorant bs, it's a fact that keyboard & mouse allows far greater (/laughably better) control in fps games. Therefor it's pretty valid argument against taking console-fps players seriously on the matter of fps gameplay and various aspects of it.
    When I played Unreal Tournament III for the ps3, I was glad as hell that they allowed for keyboard & mouse functionality. But after a while I saw that the controller can be fun, too, and I actually prefer it sometimes. I do actually believe most controller-FPS's suck, but when it's done right, it's done right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unfinished fantasy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magixion View Post
    I love ignorant statements, don't you guys?
    it's not ignorant bs, it's a fact that keyboard & mouse allows far greater (/laughably better) control in fps games. Therefor it's pretty valid argument against taking console-fps players seriously on the matter of fps gameplay and various aspects of it.
    What controller you use is completely irrelevant.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    When I played Unreal Tournament III for the ps3, I was glad as hell that they allowed for keyboard & mouse functionality. But after a while I saw that the controller can be fun, too, and I actually prefer it sometimes. I do actually believe most controller-FPS's suck, but when it's done right, it's done right.
    To respond more seriously to the charge that there's something wrong with console FPSes - that might have been true in 1996. It stopped being true in 1997 when Goldeneye came out, and demonstrated that console FPS games could be sublimely good. Perfect Dark, Halo, TimeSplitters - all fantastic console FPS. Anyone who discounts any of them because you use a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard is just missing out on some truly brilliant games, tbh.

god... the games been out this long and there Still overrating it?!?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    To respond more seriously to the charge that there's something wrong with console FPSes - that might have been true in 1996. It stopped being true in 1997 when Goldeneye came out, and demonstrated that console FPS games could be sublimely good. Perfect Dark, Halo, TimeSplitters - all fantastic console FPS. Anyone who discounts any of them because you use a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard is just missing out on some truly brilliant games, tbh.
    I wholeheartedly agree, and my point was that in some cases the controller can be more fun. But after you get real deep into PC FPS (counter-strike for me) it's very hard to go back, especially nowadays, personally.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Yevon View Post
    god... the games been out this long and there Still overrating it?!?
    The legions of fans, massive critical acclaim for all three games, gigantic sales, enduring legacy of the series, and the continuing demand for more games in the Halo universe all combine to suggest that it's probably doin it rite.