Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Dark Knight Sequel - SPOILERS

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beaks: And now the obligatory question: can you conceive of any way in which you might be back in--

Aaron Eckhart: (Laughs) No.

Beaks: Not a chance?

Eckhart: No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. "Hey, Chris, am I--?" "No. You're dead. You're dead."

Beaks: Because there has been a discussion amongst some fans about how he's never seen in the coffin.

Eckhart: Well, it'd be easier than anything to bring him back, but... it's like Chris said on the tour. He wasn't thinking about the next movie when he made [THE DARK KNIGHT]. All the vegetables were in this stew. I think that this franchise has shown that it doesn't have to bring back characters. I mean, there's still Catwoman. I've heard Angelina Jolie really wants to do Catwoman; I think that's a fantastic idea. I'll be a happy audience member this time.

And what's gone on with Heath and everything... I think Heath was the one that was going to come back. And since he can't... (Pauses) You know, Chris hasn't said that he's going to make another one.

Beaks: True. He's been on vacation. I spoke to David Goyer at Comic Con, and he said there have been no discussions.

Eckhart: (Smiling) He never said he's going to make another one. I'm sure they drove the Brinks truck up to his house and dumped money on his lawn. But I think Chris wants to go out and make other movies, too. And he should. He's an independent filmmaker at heart. He's got a lot of ideas.

Beaks: He's also got THE PRISONER somewhere in development. Maybe there would be something for you in that?

Eckhart: Give him a call. I mean, I'd love to work with Chris again. But he and Christian [Bale] have such a great thing going.
    Source.

I think Angelina Jolie as Catwoman is a disgusting idea. Eva Green on the other hand would be smokin' in that role.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Beaks: He's also got THE PRISONER somewhere in development.
    This has got 'good' written all over it, assuming they do it right. Another remake, sure, but if they're going to insist on releasing nothing but remakes then they might as well remake something awesome.

As for the rest of what was said... well, it pretty much lays to rest any speculation about a return for Two-Face.

I read somewhere that Nolan's said he wants his Batman flicks to focus mainly on villains who haven't played a big part in the movies, and that Joker and Dent were an exception to this general rule. After all, Scarecrow and al-Ghul had never been in a Batman film until [i]Batman Begins[/b]. There are so very many lesser-known villains he could choose from, before resorting to characters who are so overused as to be cliches in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    Deadshot was in Gotham Knight already, I would be surprised if they brought him back.
    He was a pretty big pussy in it, too.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

(SPOILER)With Rachael being dead I think it's a perfect time to bring Catwoman into the story as a love interest/villian. I think there should be another main villian but have Catwoman on the side. I just hope it's not played by Jolie. That would disgust me.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

C'mon guys, c'mon.

Eva Green would rock Catwoman.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    I would love to see Catwoman (NOT played by Angelina Jolie, wtf is wrong with people). I agree that the Riddler seems like a low-rate Joker, but done right he could be fantastic, and he's probably the most likely choice. A great chance to finally examine those detective skills of Batman.
    I agree, no sexy, sassy, well known actress could pull off catwoman. They would need a very, very, special kinda - and I cannot think of any big named actresses that could nail it. Cat woman has a sort of mystique and class that is just whored down by modern big name actresses.

Ahh, but I heard that the old catwoman from the 60's said that Jolie would own the part! After these times and watching some older films and shows, I think that maybe I would like to see The Riddler played by Johnny Depp, Harley Quinn, or maybe Mr. Freeze.
    I really didn't think Depp could be Riddler until I saw this pic Johnny Depp as Riddler by ~GraphZ on deviantART I know Nolan is trying to make Batman more realistic, but after watching the old Batman Subzero movie with Mr. Freeze in it, I thought that maybe it could work. Mr. freeze has a very interesting backstory and something that people could relate with. What's probably not that realistic though is having him carrying around a gun that freezes people, maybe they could replace it with liquid nitrogen he uses to freeze people's insides and leaving the scene of the crime looking like a freezer. Also after watching the History channels documentary on Batman I think that The Riddler could be great and Mr. Depp's accent would be pretty interesting for the character. Of course everyone wants to see Harley in the next movie. Who doesn't love her!?
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 12-21-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Ahh, but I heard that the old catwoman from the 60's said that Jolie would own the part!
    That's perhaps the clearest condemnation against Jolie as Catwoman given the nature of Batman in the 60's and how directly they clash with Nolan's vision of Batman.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

depp was born to be the riddler, this is my next dream

and yes im a depp fan (helix owns every thing depps been in)

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Johnny Depp is not going to play The Riddler. Eddie Murphy is not going to play The Riddler. Both of these are debunked rumours.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Eddie Murphy who said that and who would even want him for the part!? I have also read things that contradicted your statement.

Guess who's back....back chaos_ghost's Avatar

When I saw Batman Begins a minor comic I read a few years ago came to mind. The basic plot was a gang war brewing between Black Mask's gang and Scarface's gang. I personally think something like that would be great for the current storyline.

Thanks to Owen McWare for the sig. This sig is staying up forever no matter what.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

The only information that sounds remotely true is the movie entering very early pre-production in mid February. I wouldn't expect casting calls to be made until the second half of next year. Maybe later depending on if Nolan decides to do another movie in between the next Batman. All of these rumors are just B.S. and that link to Depp as the Riddler above makes me not want him as the Riddler XP