Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I liked Edward. What is everyone bitching about?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

in FF IV DS, I found Edward to be a great healer, even better then Rosa was for the time he was in the party. His Healing Bardsong was constantly bringing my party to full health. Also, his hide is perfect for when Mom Bomb explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge_Without_Pants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    I suppose, because his fragility is the only major problem of his, and we can all say the same thing about Edge...
    Hey now, let's leave Edge out of the "fragile" category. Yes, his magical defense stinks on ice, but you can't touch him physically with black garb. Even Behemoth and Red Giant have trouble with Edge alone! Add in the fact that every shuriken did over 4K in my first play through (keep in mind that I only got up to mid 70's) and Edge might as well be a physical tank. Better than Kain, at least :P
    hmm, strange. My experience with Edge has always been one battle= two cure 3s or a cure 4 to get him back on his feet. Also, 3-4 hits in battle=dead. For that reason I've never liked Edge. Unless you can get the Adamant armor for him (which is also kind of pointless, because by the time you do, your party is so leveled up that they don't fear God), he's in constant need of medical attention.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dude, he attacked people with the power of his rock. Thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Dude, he attacked people with the power of his rock horrific playing. Thats awesome.

One thing about Edward is too that is similar to FFII:s Gordon. To me Gordon is much more likeable than Edward. Gordon at least wants to be brave but all Edward does is crying after Anna. He is having rough time but so Gordon but he at least tries to be useful.

Edward has his moments though. Maybe FFIV: After makes him more manly.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think all people are made for war. Edward was one of those people, so just by trying to become something he's not, he was brave.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never cared for his special abilities but I did like his weapons side effects. His harps caused alot of damage to enemy units, especially when they started confusing them. Overall, I liked him and don't understand the hate he gets. Tellah is far more useless than Edward.