Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Remake

I'd like to see a good FFVI remake on NDS, just like FFIII or IV.
    Of course FFVI is a GREAT game itself, and even its graphics is somehow touching and iconographically perfect; but I surely would cry if I knew a remake is going to be released.
    I think there's nothing to change in the plot, anyway: I especially love the WoR, which is the true masterpiece within the masterpiece IMO. You're free to do almost wathever you want, and you can appreciate how your characters are psycologically grown (Terra *_*, Locke *__*, Cyan *___*, Celes *____*...).
    I love FFVI as it is, but it would be pure apotheosis to see a 3d Kefka.
    E adesso aspetterò domani
    per avere nostalgia,
    signora Libertà,
    signorina Fantasia

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I would love to have a remake of VI, but the remake would not replace the original (or whatever copy I actually have, I'm not sure). It would be exciting and fun and new, but it wouldn't quite have the same feeling. Of course, we'd have to actually play to say for sure whether we would like it. I'm not expecting a remake any time soon though

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Default I'm hoping for a Wii remake

First, the Game Cube's graphics were better than the PS2's, and the Wii's graphics are a step up from the Cube. Yes, they are not on par with the PS3/XBox 360, but they are still far better than SNES. Everyone agrees that the PS2 FFs look amazing, therefore a FFVI remake on Wii could look even better than FFX-FFXII.

Plus, with the Wii, imagine what they could do with motion/IR controls for things like Setzer's Blitzes or Cyan's Sword Techs. Personally, I think the Wii would be the perfect choice for a remake. Also, Squenix seems to be releasing many of these recent remakes, which originally came out on Nintendo systems, on current Nintendo systems (except, of course for the PSP FFI & II), therefore, a Wii release would make sense.
    You spoony bard!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurdent_78 View Post
    First, the Game Cube's graphics were better than the PS2's, and the Wii's graphics are a step up from the Cube. Yes, they are not on par with the PS3/XBox 360, but they are still far better than SNES. Everyone agrees that the PS2 FFs look amazing, therefore a FFVI remake on Wii could look even better than FFX-FFXII.

Plus, with the Wii, imagine what they could do with motion/IR controls for things like Setzer's Blitzes or Cyan's Sword Techs. Personally, I think the Wii would be the perfect choice for a remake. Also, Squenix seems to be releasing many of these recent remakes, which originally came out on Nintendo systems, on current Nintendo systems (except, of course for the PSP FFI & II), therefore, a Wii release would make sense.
    If you're going to remake an already amazing game, I argue you should put it on the sweetest machine possible. Full Orchestrated soundtracks, fully rendered world, with the same power as the engine being used to create FFXIII. I mean, really, it'd be breath-taking. Graphics don't make games, true, but this game has already outdone itself.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There are two approaches to take with a remake. A game can be remade for a portable console or a game can be remade for a next-generation console.

If the latter approach is taken, I find myself agreeing with Dignified Pauper to remake the game on the most powerful system for the best response. If the former approach is taken, it is not hard to incorporate console gimmicks like a touch screen into features added in as an afterthought.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I hope FF6 is remade for the NES!

... Nah! Seriously, I'd like to see more of this sort of thing on the PC. Console-ports are about fifty to the dozen these days; let's see some daring enterprise! (Re)Make a game for the PC!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

*sigh* If only they would remake it on the Wii (if it was a home console remake, anyway)... I only have three games for it and I want an excuse to use it more. >_>

Maybe Squeenix is waiting for Nintendo's purported HD system to arrive in 2011. I would hate to wait that long, but I would imagine it would be worth the extra development time. And what better game to release upon launch then an FFVI remake?

Think about it, Wiimote controls and 1080p graphics!
    You spoony bard!

Wii really has potential. They could make Cyan´s and Sabin´s own moves much more funnier. Well Blitzes already are but Bushidos are stupid because you have to wait for that stupid meter to reach good attacks. With Wii those moves could be turn in to sword slashes what you perform with mote.

Since VI relatively short when compared to VII-XII FF games it would be nice if they added more story sequences in WoR. Desperado-attacks should appear more.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable Pig View Post
    Wii really has potential. They could make Cyan´s and Sabin´s own moves much more funnier. Well Blitzes already are but Bushidos are stupid because you have to wait for that stupid meter to reach good attacks. With Wii those moves could be turn in to sword slashes what you perform with mote.
    I feel the Wii controls would be rather gimmicky, especially since their only applicable for a few characters. I'd rather see it on 360 or PS3 if they were going to do it.

Since VI relatively short when compared to VII-XII FF games it would be nice if they added more story sequences in WoR. Desperado-attacks should appear more.
    I feel the WoR is fine as is to be honest. I can see abit of dialogue but I don't want the additions of new story elements. The only reason I don't mind in FFIVDS is because those scenes were cut during development. Tacking on new scenes in VI for length seems distasteful to me.

I would love to see it remade for the PSP, it would be able to include the PSX versions FMV's

and the idea of fighting the final boss with PSP graphics while listening to Dancing Mad is epic beyond words.

I'd like to see some ports to the Virtual Console at the very least. My Wii just gathers dust when my dad isn't playing *shudder* Wii Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    My Wii just gathers dust when my dad isn't playing *shudder* Wii Sports.
    At least it isn't Wii Play... :whaaa:

Firstly, if FFVI gets remade, it's almost guaranteed to be on a portable system... and with the trend they have been taking with the remakes, it'd be the DS. They could still do things with the Blitzes and the Swd Techs, and Sketch. Blitzes touch spots on the screen, Swd Tech do slashes, Sketch connect the dots, Slots actually press the slot to stop it.

And for those saying their Wii is collecting dust... I've been playing Tales of Symphonia 2 TONS... RPG fans should get it IMO...

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've been meaning to play this :\

I can't find it and emulating it didn't work out, so a remake would be just dandy!