Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Remake

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Firstly, if FFVI gets remade, it's almost guaranteed to be on a portable system... and with the trend they have been taking with the remakes, it'd be the DS. They could still do things with the Blitzes and the Swd Techs, and Sketch. Blitzes touch spots on the screen, Swd Tech do slashes, Sketch connect the dots, Slots actually press the slot to stop it.
    But as you can tell from FF4, Square-Enix apparently doesn't like the touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by sdm42393 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Firstly, if FFVI gets remade, it's almost guaranteed to be on a portable system... and with the trend they have been taking with the remakes, it'd be the DS. They could still do things with the Blitzes and the Swd Techs, and Sketch. Blitzes touch spots on the screen, Swd Tech do slashes, Sketch connect the dots, Slots actually press the slot to stop it.
    But as you can tell from FF4, Square-Enix apparently doesn't like the touch screen.
    Unless you look at The World Ends With You, in which they love the touchscreen. That game had some of the best use of a touch screen in any DS game. Chrono Trigger DS also uses the touchscreen for menus and such.

THE JACKAL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

FFVI is too epic for the DS! It needs PS3 Powa!

I figured we would of heard something about it by now. After the hit reamke of FFIV over the Summer, I'm surprised a plan is not already in effect for FFVI.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I figured we would of heard something about it by now. After the hit reamke of FFIV over the Summer, I'm surprised a plan is not already in effect for FFVI.
    They will most likely try to go in order. Course their are some politics involved. III and IV were headed by the same team but V-VII have a different team working on them. I wouldn't be surprised if the conflict in question might even have to deal with what system to redo the titles on.

Course, Kitase is still busy working as Executive Producer for the XIII project and the Compilation. I wouldn't be surprised if a few years pass before we hear anything.

I don't see why Matrix Software wouldn't continue to do the remakes of FFV and FFVI. I originally thought FFVI would be much better suited on the PSP, but after seeing what they did with Avalon Code, I'm convinced they could pull it off on the DS. The graphics on that game are amazing! (for the DS). Matrix just needs to stick away from that chibi look. Anyway, it wouldn't make sense to remake FFIII-V on the DS and then do FFVI on the PSP since they'd have already drawn their audience over to the DS.

Now not that I know much about SE's employees, but based on Wikipedia, couldn't Hiroyuki Itou work with Matrix to develop FFV DS and by the time that's done, have Yoshinori Kitase work with them on FFVI DS (FFXIII hopefully being done by then)?
    Last edited by Tevious; 01-07-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: corrected something

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really comes down to what SE might feel will make them the best profit. In the past, a remake on the DS was the most plausible but the PSP has finally started to catch up in recent years. Throw in the fact that many fans want to see it on a stronger system and SE has a few things to consider before they give it the go ahead. The same really goes for FFV as well.

I would personally like to see it on a console, its not that I dislike the handhelds, but I feel the games deserve complete remakes with SE using the best of their abilites on the best hardware. I don't think VII fans would be too thrilled if VII was going to finally be remade by Matrix on the DS or have a pseudo-remake like Chrono Trigger on the PSP. Most VII fans want a PS3 remake, and I feel V and VI fans would want the same. Throw in the fact that the games are better balanced and have more that can be done from a technological POV for their stories and I feel V and VI could do stronger as console remakes rather than handhelds.

I don't mean to bash Matrix cause they have done amazing work with III and IV but I also feel they are close to pushing the DS to its limits. I can't see them creating something better on a consistent basis for the DS hardware. The PSP is a better option but I still would prefer a console if we are going to even bother. Its my problem with the PSP, if you choose it cause it has the better hardware, I feel you might as well just take the leap and move it to console. Crisis Core and Dissidia didn't really benefit greatly for being on the PSP imo.

The problem with jumping to a current gen console is the production costs. Let's face it, as cool as it would be to have SE go full out and remake the classic FFs on the PS3, they're highly unlikely to do it. They'll want a quick buck, so they'll put the remakes on a handheld because it won't cost them much to do it, it'll still sell, and they can even contract it out to another developer so they can continue with the series instead of revisiting old ones. Although, its plausible that they could do it on the Wii.

The PSP would be nice, but they've already established a fanbase on the DS for the classic remakes. Switching to the PSP would probably cost them sales.

If FVII gets a remake on the PS3 (which I wouldn't hold my breath on), it'll only be because of the huge demmand for it. The demmand for FFVI on the PS3 isn't that overwelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Crisis Core and Dissidia didn't really benefit greatly for being on the PSP imo.
    I didn't really hurt either. What would be so special if they were put on the DS? Gimmicky touch-screen controls and less-advance graphics (I don't mean to sound shallow, but I think a majority of the hype comes from seeing all the classic characters in almost PS2-quality graphics)?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sdm42393 View Post
    Crisis Core and Dissidia didn't really benefit greatly for being on the PSP imo.
    I didn't really hurt either. What would be so special if they were put on the DS? Gimmicky touch-screen controls and less-advance graphics (I don't mean to sound shallow, but I think a majority of the hype comes from seeing all the classic characters in almost PS2-quality graphics)?
    God, putting them on the DS would have been worse. I just feel both those titles would have done better on a console. Even if it was just PS2. CC could have really benefited from having a PS2/3 controller instead of using the PSP interface.

God, putting them on the DS would have been worse. I just feel both those titles would have done better on a console. Even if it was just PS2. CC could have really benefited from having a PS2/3 controller instead of using the PSP interface.
    Oh, silly me. I thought you were implying putting them on the DS
    But yes, they would've benifitted from being on a home console (only because of PSP's lack of a second anaolog dub *sigh*).

For the record, I agree with Marick and all the others who said it should be remade with the highest quality possible. I'd actually kind of like to see it on Nintendo's as-yet-unreleased HD console; imagining what combination of stuff they could do with the Wii controller and HD graphics already has me somewhat giddy with anticipation. That said, I'll probably end up getting the remake no matter what console it eventually comes out on, just because it's my favourite game of all time.

I'd also definitely like the game to adhere as closely as possible to its creators' original vision as possible. I don't like the way Square Enix effectively sugar-coated the actions of the Empire in the game's American releases to date and the GBA port. As I recall, the original Japanese script gave the "Slave" part of "Slave Crown" a distinctively sexual context, and the beating of Celes revealed that the brutality of the Empire was not just contained to Kefka. The effect of the game is somewhat stifled when the inherent misogyny of the Empire is downplayed.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd like to see a remake on the DS. The FFIV remake was very fun and cute.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFVIDS won't come until FFV is remade, which won't happen for another year. So we prolly got till 2011 or 2012 before FF6DS comes out, and by then I'm sure Nintendo will release ANOTHER version of the DS, which will hopefully have more graphical power and be able to portray this game the way it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    And not finishing a game is lame, as I've already admitted it. But graphics do add to a game, especially in term of body language. So, there is some sort of rational reasoning underneath it! Vaguely.
    Body language?
    You arguement is body language!?
    How could you possibly say that FF6 has any less body language then games like FF7 or FF8
    You dissapoint me
    I cant even look you in the eye
    The 2D graphical facial expressions were epic. XD

EDIT: The remake should look something like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...y_SGI_demo.png
    Last edited by Wolfen; 03-11-2009 at 04:36 AM.

I would absolutely-LOVE to see a remake of FFVI. I played FFVI when I was about 10-years-old and it is still my favorite video game of all time. Although FFT ranks just about second place. The greatness of FFVI is unparalleled to any other RPG I have ever played because of the epic feeling behind FFVI. The story's backline was based on the ruthlessness of the Roman Empire, Christian Catholicism, the Apocalypse, and the Seven Levels of Hell (by Dante). Kefka is also the most prfound villian of all-time. He defines the very nature of madness, cruelty, and evil. Not only does he demonstrate pure hatred; he also demonstrates his own rise to power along with the 'good' guys. His lust for power turns him into God-himself at the end of the game and portrays the true meaningless of life. The whole game is loaded with theme and story, unlike the more shallow versions of the FF-series, including FFVII.

(Personally-speaking, I could not stand FFVII because the 3D graphics seemed to take away the focus from story to gameplay. While I can understand the importance of high graphic gameplay, the storyline faltered and left me disappointed.)

With all that said, I would *LOVE* to see a FFVI remake on the WII or PS3 ~ or hell, maybe even a subsequent game system with better graphics. I would like to know who also would *LOVE* to see it in addition to me, and I think we should start a serious campaign to demand Square (or whoever makes FF games nowadays) to remake it.

Though, if somebody did remake FFVI then I would prefer it to stay true to its origin rather than be a crappy remake just for profit. If it fails to deliver then that would really break my heart. If there were to be a remake, then I hope it would keep and reinforce the backbone of FFVI. The storyline should remain almost entirely the same as before, with perhaps more detail and off-story content. What I recall of FFVI when I played it as a young boy was its violence and darkness. Even though the game was censored to adhere to American standards, I do not think it should be a second-time around...

The truth of the matter is the background story of FFVI was designed to portray both the true beauty and ugliness of the human soul. The empire represents the 'evil' side of mankind, of course, while the 'resistance' fighters represent 'good'. I would hope this stays the same. The fight-system should be overhauled but the music should *STAY THE SAME*. The music was just too great. I still listen & love the music themes in FFVI because they are so powerful and fitting, especially Dancing Mad (the final battle) and the Ghost Train in the Ghost Forest.

If there is a remake, then I would love to see all of the characters developed much more. There were so many characters to choose from when fighting the final battle; it was spectacular! That was a great thing about FFVI. You could focus on just 4 or 6 of your favorite characters and beat the game even though every character was potentially very powerful by the end game.

We should get a bunch of FFVI fans together and demand a remake!!!

:evilking: