Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Remake

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Well, I'd love a DS remake in the same style as IV!

I'll be very dissapointed if they don't do one, and surprised if they don't do V, seeing as how they remade FINAL FANTASY FREAKING III

I don't want it to get remade, but if they are going to do it they should go all out and give it the PS3 treatment.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

^^ That's what I'm talking about. I still haven't had a chance to play the game yet and I call myself a FF fan.

Blog Entries

I doubt a remake is likely any time soon, though, because the GBA version only came out not even 2 years ago. But I would like to see it on the DS or even the PS3. I think it'll look cool in 3D.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

The DS was released in 2004, which is ten years after the N64. If you look at the releases of consoles and the handhelds that equal their graphical power, a handheld comes out a decade after its console. The PS2 was released in 2000, so the time for a handheld equaling the PS2 is close. FFV will prolly be released before FFVI, so we should get V in 2010, which will be around the same time Ninty releases the DS2, and VI in 2011 or 2012.

I don't know about you, but I'd be just happy with PS2 graphics. And maybe they'll remake VII and VIII on the DS2, which means that we'll see Terra, Cloud, and Squall all in the style of the Kingdom Hearts series.

However, if they remake VI, VII, and VIII on the DS/DS2, then I want them to incorporate more touch screen features, like with Sabin's blitz's and Cyan's bushido. III and IV could be played without the stylus which made the game feel a lot like their original counter parts.

So, here's to 6 thru 8 on the DS2!

And for those wondering why I left out IX, I'm hoping they remake it on the DS3 with X and XII.

A remake would be sweet, but should be as close to the original as possible. As a former speaker here said: Just maybe updated graphic and a bit better voice acting. Thats the game I would buy!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It wouldn't be much of an upgrade if it was put on the DS though that would be highly convenient. I'd prefer to see it on one of the new generation consoles or PS2, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Headsnap View Post
    prob be more like ff7:cc on psp...game play wise :eek:
    No. :roll2:
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought I remember one of the staff mentioning a while back that the VI DS version is supposed to come out this year, was that a joke?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It must have been.

Either that or an assumption that because FFIV had a DS remake FFV and FFVI must have a DS remake as well.
    Figaro Castle

First off Hi Im new here this is my first post. I found this thread while I was searchign for any info on a possible ff 6 remake.

Sooooo you count me on board with those who would love a new remake and like others on this thread Id prefer it for a console. 3d or high quality 2d is immaterial to me as long as the story, and characters I love are back.

6 is my all time fave ff I played it back on the snes when it first came out in the us and I never forgot I have the antholgies for ps1 as well. I love ff 6 and would def get excited for a remake.

I dunno if anyo f you have seen this yet but ign wrote an article a few years ago about a ff 6 anime. IGN: Gaming to Anime: Final Fantasy VI
    if done right I think it could make a great series.

Ill leave you with a fun little vid in that regard
    YouTube - 【完成版】FF6 ハガレンOPEDパロ【手書き】

I think a remake would be fun! It couldn't hurt.

Every time I click on this thread I hope there's some big announcement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    :crying2: Every time I click on this thread I hope there's some big announcement.
    Same here, but I'm always disappointed. :(
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

I keep waiting for some news, but a year has past and still nothing. What a shame. Maybe this time next year we will have heard something new.