Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Remake

I wouldn't mind seeing more violence in a remake. There were a few scenes that were less effective because frankly they looked silly on account of some of the graphical limitations. (Saying that, I do love how there were so many poses for each character that they could be depicted doing almost anything; FF6 is my favourite game graphically and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Amano's artwork.)

For example, Kefka appearing to club Gestahl over the head to knock him down... is that what he's doing? Or is he cutting him down with the same invisible sword he handed to Celes?

Actually knowing what the crap is going on in the Thamasa Massacre scene would be nice too, it leaves a bit too much to the imagination; Kefka suddenly has this beam attack that turns Espers into Magicite... what? More detail plz.

This thread sure has survived a long time

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every time I see this thread, I always remember this post and hope that someday I may get someone to come in here looking for the false information I provided.

Although, while cruising the web I did find this amusing site for anyone who cares.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ffxiremake

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing more violence in a remake. There were a few scenes that were less effective because frankly they looked silly on account of some of the graphical limitations. (Saying that, I do love how there were so many poses for each character that they could be depicted doing almost anything; FF6 is my favourite game graphically and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Amano's artwork.)

For example, Kefka appearing to club Gestahl over the head to knock him down... is that what he's doing? Or is he cutting him down with the same invisible sword he handed to Celes?

Actually knowing what the crap is going on in the Thamasa Massacre scene would be nice too, it leaves a bit too much to the imagination; Kefka suddenly has this beam attack that turns Espers into Magicite... what? More detail plz.

This thread sure has survived a long time

I agree with that.

Not only the violence, the game over all had a pretty dark tone that you sometimes couldn't see throughout the game, somehow people seem to also miss that every character other than like Umaro, Mog, Relm, and Strago had some kind of inner tormoil, granted somes were much more obvious than others, but it still existed.

I think that if this was remade, the darkness of the game over all, the despair the world is in even when it's in the world of balance, would be something that would just put people who never really put much thought into the game, in awe.

We all know this is my favorite game ever, but this game is like a book or movie to me, if you just ignore some of the cheesey things and put more thought onto the things that had a little more explanation, it's freaking golden cake just shining in front of you.

There is so much to this game, they could even add things into this without really screwing up the story line or character stories. Example, the way Locke acted with Celes being held clearly made him react. I think in the game when he talks about it, it's basically like, rachel makes him leave and then he talks about her getting killed while in the hands of the empire. I'd have to imagine, within reason, that he most likely tried to go find her, and either found her dead, or in the state Celes' was in, but more dead. He obviously got Rachel's body to the crazy guy to keep alive, because I doubt the empire was like "Oh we'll send her corpse back to the family so they can have a funeral", I would love to see that unfold.

I would also love to see more of Leo, the interactions between Celes and Leo and Kefka around the time of Terra being controlled. Flashbacks of when Kefka underwent the magic transfusion and lost his mind, and eventually his rise to the top (because it's been argued that he's a general, but then it's also said he was just a court-mage and why would a court-mage be like Ghestal's right hand man?).
    With graphics, it would make the flashbacks better, Ghestal 19 years earlier taking the baby Terra, to the elderly Ghestal we seem to see in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, last night I was looking for some good artwork of Setzer for the Hot Guys of Gaming contest in General Gaming and came upon a really good artist who did some fantastic artwork for VI. Yet some of the pictures did have me wondering about a few things that may have gone on behind the scenes of the game.

The three most notable was Shadow and Relm's relationship, and whether they may have had any real interaction with each other while on the team.

Another was Setzer's relationship with Celes which seemed a little too fangirl pairing til I remembered that Setzer takes Locke's place in the ending if you didn't get him back. This makes me wonder if there may have been a possibility that more was going on between these two in the story.

The last was Kefka's relationship with Terra and Celes. Dissidia itself explores a bit more of their relationship together but I also remember back on the floating continent how much Ghestal and Kefka spoke of Celes as if she was family. I once again would wonder if we may see a flashback detailing the nature of all their relationships.

These are the things I would be curious to see added in a remake as long as we don't get some major plot twist added that kinda screws with the original story...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Well, last night I was looking for some good artwork of Setzer for the Hot Guys of Gaming contest in General Gaming and came upon a really good artist who did some fantastic artwork for VI. Yet some of the pictures did have me wondering about a few things that may have gone on behind the scenes of the game.

The three most notable was Shadow and Relm's relationship, and whether they may have had any real interaction with each other while on the team.

Another was Setzer's relationship with Celes which seemed a little too fangirl pairing til I remembered that Setzer takes Locke's place in the ending if you didn't get him back. This makes me wonder if there may have been a possibility that more was going on between these two in the story.

The last was Kefka's relationship with Terra and Celes. Dissidia itself explores a bit more of their relationship together but I also remember back on the floating continent how much Ghestal and Kefka spoke of Celes as if she was family. I once again would wonder if we may see a flashback detailing the nature of all their relationships.

These are the things I would be curious to see added in a remake as long as we don't get some major plot twist added that kinda screws with the original story...
    Agree'd. And for some reason, I see Celes, Leo, and Kefka having a sibling like relationship.

I can't seem to want to add Terra into the equation only because of her comatose like state when she was under control. Also, was she ALWAYS under control, I'd have to imagine that if she was raised by the empire, the need to control her wasn't always there.

Oh as for the Celes thing, since I am quite the "OMG I LOVE ANYTHING WITH CELES AND LOCKE AND LOVE LIFES", It could be possible that if you didn't get Locke, more of a relationship blossomed with Setzer. Daryl was blonde haired blue eyes, which makes us believe that she looked like the Opera singer, which Celes looked just like, and when you get Setzer, it's pretty obvious that he admired Celes for basically fooling him. So I don't think it would be to far fetched to believe that if Locke didn't come back, Setzer wouldn't try some moves. We just didn't get to see it!
    Last edited by Avarice-ness; 08-12-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always felt she may have been always under control or at least since she was very young. I do wonder how her relationship was with Kefka as it seems these two spent more time together and both Celes and Leo don't seem to want to talk to Terra about her time in the Empire.

I can also see Leo, Kefka, and Celes having a deeper relationship than first thought.

Editga: Here's some of the pictures I found that were totally awesome.

183-tck.jpg The Empire.png Celes and Kefka.jpg

dreaming.jpg scape.jpg

I always felt she may have been always under control or at least since she was very young. I do wonder how her relationship was with Kefka as it seems these two spent more time together and both Celes and Leo don't seem to want to talk to Terra about her time in the Empire.

I can also see Leo, Kefka, and Celes having a deeper relationship than first thought.

Editga: Here's some of the pictures I found that were totally awesome.

183-tck.jpg The Empire.png Celes and Kefka.jpg

dreaming.jpg scape.jpg
    Ah, I love the Terra Edgar pairing. It seems to be the most popular Terra pairing.

But yeah, I do find that Leo and Celes seem to just.. either not mention or barely mention anything about Terra being in the empire with them. I don't know if it's one of those things where they just don't want to talk about it because it's pointless because she doesn't remember. But if she was controlled all her life, you would think that since she had no memory, she would have asked about it.

When Terra and Celes meet, they seem to coexist as if they had no past with each other what so ever, when it's pretty apparent (cut-scenes) that they have been around each other in the past.
    Terra's first question to Celes is if she could feel love, now I know the game has it's cheesey moments, but the game does know what being awkward is at times and makes awkward moments pretty apparent. Now Celes was kinda weirded out by the question but I don't think it was because Terra was asking it, it was because she had her own personal issues on love.
    Which then leads me to believe that at some point if Terra is okay with just be like "OH HAY YOU LIKE PEOPLE YES?" that maybe Celes was some kind of older sister figure when the chance was given to her.
    But at the same time, Terra was going through alot and at that point Celes was the only female, and Terra prolly felt she could associate with her.

Either way, the way Celes and Terra are, with the pure coexisting like they've always been around each other (which only Celes would remember) but never talking about their past together, always weirded me out. There's either more to it, or less to it. xD

Every time I see this thread, I always remember this post and hope that someday I may get someone to come in here looking for the false information I provided.

Although, while cruising the web I did find this amusing site for anyone who cares.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ffxiremake
    Actually, I really liked your later post in that thread. I so want someone to do a Rikku/Lulu fanart with them in Victorian costumes now.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Ah, I love the Terra Edgar pairing. It seems to be the most popular Terra pairing.

But yeah, I do find that Leo and Celes seem to just.. either not mention or barely mention anything about Terra being in the empire with them. I don't know if it's one of those things where they just don't want to talk about it because it's pointless because she doesn't remember. But if she was controlled all her life, you would think that since she had no memory, she would have asked about it.

When Terra and Celes meet, they seem to coexist as if they had no past with each other what so ever, when it's pretty apparent (cut-scenes) that they have been around each other in the past.
    Terra's first question to Celes is if she could feel love, now I know the game has it's cheesey moments, but the game does know what being awkward is at times and makes awkward moments pretty apparent. Now Celes was kinda weirded out by the question but I don't think it was because Terra was asking it, it was because she had her own personal issues on love.
    Which then leads me to believe that at some point if Terra is okay with just be like "OH HAY YOU LIKE PEOPLE YES?" that maybe Celes was some kind of older sister figure when the chance was given to her.
    But at the same time, Terra was going through alot and at that point Celes was the only female, and Terra prolly felt she could associate with her.

Either way, the way Celes and Terra are, with the pure coexisting like they've always been around each other (which only Celes would remember) but never talking about their past together, always weirded me out. There's either more to it, or less to it. xD
    Terra and Edgar is not too bad of a pairing though I sadly can't see it working out. I feel Terra's journey is more of coming to terms with her mixed heritage and understanding her human side while Edgar is a hopeless flirt who will take on anything that doesn't turn him down and even then pursue. Yet deep down I can see him backing off on Terra cause she's a sweet girl who hardly needs a heartbreaker like himself in her life.

As for Terra and Celes' relationship. I either imagine Celes is like Leo who tries to ignore what the Empire did to her or more likely that Celes was not part of the military as long as we imagine since her conversation with Terra at Narshe gives the impression that Celes only knows about Terra from the rumors spread. Chances are that Terra may have exclusively been Kefka's ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Actually, I really liked your later post in that thread. I so want someone to do a Rikku/Lulu fanart with them in Victorian costumes now.
    I'm talking about the ugly dresses. The kind that cover you from your feet to the top of your neck. Though it would be amusing...

As for Terra and Celes' relationship. I either imagine Celes is like Leo who tries to ignore what the Empire did to her or more likely that Celes was not part of the military as long as we imagine since her conversation with Terra at Narshe gives the impression that Celes only knows about Terra from the rumors spread. Chances are that Terra may have exclusively been Kefka's ward.
    Celes: So you were born with the power of Magic!? Isn't it a lovely
    gift...
    Terra: You... can use Magic, too?
    Celes: When I was a baby I was artificially infused with Magic, and raised
    as a Magitek Knight.
    Terra: Have you... loved anyone?

Later on..

Cid: Celes... I've known her since she was a baby. I raised her as if
    she were my own daughter! But she was forced to become a Magitek Knight, and has done some awful things. If I could only talk to her... I'd apologize for the way her life has turned out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never said Celes wasn't part of the Empire, she just wasn't a soldier for as long as we imagine. I would like to think the first half of her life was spent learning and harnessing her powers rather than training to kill. Terra on the other hand was probably a test subject for the first half of her life.

I was just trying to say that these circumstances may have been a good enough excuse as to why they don't know each other very well.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I'd love a remake

As long as the graphics "overhaul" still ends up keeping that same style that FFVI had in the past. And yes, the Figaro's do need to be nerfed.

Sabin is actually one of the games weakest characters when you get down to it.

Any Blitz from Aura Bolt and beyond run of Sabin's weakest stat, magic, not his strength. Pair that with his horrid equpment selection, and then there are so many characters more effective then he. Especially Ceres and Terra with their Minerva Bustier.

Still use Sabin though, cause he's the man.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Sabin is actually one of the games weakest characters when you get down to it.

Any Blitz from Aura Bolt and beyond run of Sabin's weakest stat, magic, not his strength. Pair that with his horrid equpment selection, and then there are so many characters more effective then he. Especially Ceres and Terra with their Minerva Bustier.

Still use Sabin though, cause he's the man.
    Well you have the facts on your side, so I'll have to agree, BUT you can't deny that when you get him and later on for a good chunk of the game his Blitz attacks put him way ahead of the other characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Despite working off his magic stat (which can be artificially raised mind you and quickly...) the damage modifiers for several of his Blitz, especially Bum Rush are set quite high to sorta compensate for this. Throw in it cost nothing to use and you got yourself a mini Ultima at no mp cost. He's definetly broken especially since many of his earlier abilites are also quite powerful allowing him to do normal 2 to 4 times damage at early points of the game. Yes he evens out by a certain point but then you have the espers to use and then he's back in the game. His weapons are not great but seriously, would who uses his regular attacks? Its like caring about Edgar's equipment, he hardly benefits since Chainsaw is unholy.

To be perfectly fair, the whole game needs to be tweaked and nerfed a bit.