Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Remake

Default Final Fantasy VI Remake

I keep getting mixed responses on if there is going to be a remake. Some say yes, and some say no, but I'm guessing nobody really knows. I'm purdy sure we'll see one, but for which system? If there is a remake, would you rather see it for DS or PSP? Would the majority of fans even like to see FFVI remade? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I keep getting mixed responses on if there is going to be a remake. Some say yes, and some say no, but I'm guessing nobody really knows. I'm purdy sure we'll see one, but for which system? If there is a remake, would you rather see it for DS or PSP? Would the majority of fans even like to see FFVI remade? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    I'd like it on DS, and there would be no reason for it to go PSP. I WOULD buy a PSP solely for a remake, but there's no doubt in my mind that it would be for DS.

Reason that there's a rumor is solely on the reason that 4,5, and 6 have been coming out with ports and such close to each other. First with.. well their general release, then Anthologies and Chronicals, then GBA versions came in the order of 4, 5, and 6. Seeing as they remade FF4 chances are they will do the same for 5 and 6.

As for would I like it to be remade. No. But that's because I am extremely picky and even such things as the GBA port pissed me off at times. I have a hard time dealing with change, especially when it has to do with my all time favorite game. Would I bitch if it was remade, no I'd just sit in panic until the day its released in America then pick it up and panic some more until I get far enough to where I decide that it's okay or it's not okay as a remake.
    Although seeing the FFIV DS has me hopeful that they wouldn't hurt FFVI with a remake, I don't believe it'd make it better either because I don't believe there is EVER a case where a game is -better- solely because of a graphic change. Sure I'd like to see everything in 3D and Kefka blowing up the world in its full visuals but graphics would be the last thing used when determining wether the remake was good. It's all about gameplay and script to me.

I didn't know what to think about a remake, and then FFIV for DS came out, and I can live with something like that. As long as everything stays the same, and only the upgraded graphics are added I'm all for it. The voice acting would be of some interest too. FFIV voice acting was not superb, but it wasn't terrible.

I'm actually really hyped about a possible remake of the game that introduced me to Final Fantasy, and RPGs in general.

[leeza]Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your previous post. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm conflicted actually... In the past I wanted a remake just so VI can show all the damn fanboys that VII was only special cause it had graphics and a PR campaign worthy of a Presidential Ad Campaign but time has changed me a bit an I can appreciate both games differently.

The only reason I would bother with a remake has already been addressed with a better and more eloquent translation given to us from the GBA port. A graphical overhaul would be impressive but to make it worthwhile I would rather see it on a more powerful system. I would also need major promises of gameplay tweaking and innovations. A few added relics, higher difficulty, and better gameplay balance (the Figaro brothers need to be nerfed) and I might consider it.

Overall, I don't really see a point. The game has aged beautifully compared to other titles and the GBA I feel addresses most needs of the fanbase.

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    the Figaro brothers need to be nerfed
    hehee

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm happy with FFVI the way it is, and a remake isn't necessary for me. I think one of the reasons that people are so hopeful for a FFVII remake is the graphics have a large potential for improving. Part of FFVI's charm for me is the colorful, detailed 2D environments and remaking the game with a new graphical style might not look as good as the original.
    Figaro Castle

FF VI is quite comical, and I think making it realistic would destroy the game's feel.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

With a remake there'd be voice acting and 3D rendering.

But, I'm fine with my SNES/GBA combo. I also said the same thing about IV, and its remake blew me away. So, I don't know. I'd have to see what they were doing with the remake.

There were things with the III and IV remakes that were totally screwed up such as bosses attacking twice and IV's augments.

prob be more like ff7:cc on psp...game play wise

I hope they bring it out on the DS. I hate having to emulate.

But if they do make a remake, I want them to change the part where you get Celes, so that the soldiers beat her like in the SNES version. It made the scene much better, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post

But if they do make a remake, I want them to change the part where you get Celes, so that the soldiers beat her like in the SNES version. It made the scene much better, IMO.
    Damn! That is kinda dark and sadistic for our resident white mage...

...guess wounds are what you're here for ....
    ...but still, what the hell!? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    Final Fantasy VI Advance is actually pretty cheap at Gamestop (used), and it works on DS!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If they released a remake of FFVI for the DS, then I'd most likely play it, but I don't see a pressing need for it. I suppose I didn't see a need for a DS version of FFIV either. I'm entirely happy with how FFVI is in the SNES and GBA versions and don't see what a DS remake would achieve.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

I wish there was a side quest where they finish the whole opera. If there was ever a game i would buy a console for just to play it would be FFVI on DS.

And i agree with wanting to see Celes chained up and smacked about.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I found it a bit retarded that they just removed a scene from a game purely because of one current event.