Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can has the bestest roomate evar?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin I can has the bestest roomate evar?

Apparently yes! But seriously, I knew this for months (shut up Ashley stop saying Awwww over there!)

So yesterday, on one of my daily trips to Ashley's place of employment (Splash Canyon, a tiny water park just outside of town), Ashley decides to treat me to beer. I don't say no to free booze so of course I say yes.

Ended up meeting a couple of friends and Ashley had the devious idea of going to a dance club. So we're just messing around and having fun, when they announced a dance off. So I play it silly and go 'okay people, I'm going. Bye!' and start to leave the dance floor. I'm persuaded to go back by Ashley and we're just playing around and having a great time. I hoist her into the air and she and I are swinging and twisting around. I don't even remember that there's a dance competition -- to me it was just the two of us having a great time.

Well apparently the dance competition had started the moment they said 'dance off', because suddenly we're stopped and handed a t-shirt and stickers. We had won! What? Um...yay?

Personally this is the first dance competition I've won where I had a partner (and the first competition I've been in where I had a partner. 1 for 1 baby!). Ashley, you're the greatest!

Oh yeah, topic. asl?

I mean, competitions you've won. Me: karate

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Did it look anything like this:

As for competitions, when I was a kid I won the local Pinewood Derby contest in Cub Scouts and took fourth at regionals! (Yeah, I didn't know they had regionals for Pinewood Derbies either. xD)
    Figaro Castle

Nothing.

Ever.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Eh, nothing interesting. Mainly drama stuff, because everyone else sounded like they'd hopped straight out of stagecoach. A couple of art things, I think. A few maths things.

That must have been brilliant! What were your t-shirts like?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got first place in regionals for Business Professionals of America in... something computery, f'd if I remember. I went to state, which was in this swanky hotel/convention center in Columbus, and failed epically (I didn't bother studying, I didn't really care). Didn't even place. But I did get to eat some fantastic Italian food. Mmm mmm mmm.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

nerdy stuff; math, quiz bowl, all region, spelling, dolling

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've gotten awards for singing and art, but I've never been in a competition. I really cba with those.

EDIT: Acshually, I did win a competition once was I was younger, I got my poetry published in a book! =OOO

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post

EDIT: Acshually, I did win a competition once was I was younger, I got my poetry published in a book! =OOO
    Oh I remember those! We did loads of those in junior school!

i've still got the books it's hilariously embarrassing xD

Blog Entries

I win at life.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

is that some azn patrick swayze!?

ME? I am no winner.

I was the best and fastest in my CAD class. I was chosen from the class's juniors to compete in the regional SkillsUSA competition, but I didn't want to go. We sent Jeff instead. Would've been awesome if I'd've gone, though, because the class's other Nick was chosen from the seniors to go... Nicks are awesome!

Also, I was the fastest in my math class. It wasn't really a competition, but I turned it into one.

Also, I won Spirit Week after returning to my home school from FCCC. Yay =^_^=

Also, I always win at being awesome in general. The only person that stands any chance at beating me in such a thing is Chuck Norris.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

1st Grade Reading Award
    2nd Grade Writing Contest
    3rd Grade Speed Multiplication Contest
    4th Grade Bell Art Award
    Softball Division Championships
    Miss Rio Yucatan Contest
    Graduating Non-Traditional Art Award
    Fitzy's Dance Off

Boldly go.

Me and my team won a silver medal in a Handball tournament way back when.

Hmm, I can't really think of anything else...

Oh oh oh! I once won a Twister competition in a dance club xD Limber times were had.

Other than that I'm sure I've won all sorts of other unimportant stuff, I just don't remember.

I won a litter poster competition when I was like eight. My poster design got made up and put around the school.

I'm always getting Recognition awards at work. My last one was for being the top user of the information website. I had nothing better to do.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I won 2 tickets to Download 2004 festival from Kerrang Radio because I knew who the drummer in Linkin Park was I then saw many many bands live for free

I also won some speed painting competitions for Warhammer models and a fair few major campaigns of 40k (note I was a geeky child)