Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey hey you you I wanna be your girlfriend

Well, not directly, it's always been sort of implied.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope... it was just kinda like "Hey, creep, your hand is on my boob" "I guess that makes you my girlfriend" and by the authority of manlaw she was mine.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it was not

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

rubah you just totally ruined Hsu's chance of being thought of as the coolest guy here. Because for the seconds before your post, that's what I thought.

I think I had to ask Danielle like ten times before she finally gave in. Other girls generally are like "Yes!" on the first instance. I've done it by letter, phonecalls and in person.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

No, I'm too shy. I've been asked to be someone's girlfriend once, though, and it was nice. The other time we just sort of were an item without either of us even asking. XD

asdfghjkl;'

I've been rejected too many times to even consider asking anyone out ever again.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

I think I've done it once or twice. Mostly getting to be in a relationship just comes naturally. Formalities aren't really needed (except maybe when it comes to proposing).

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Asking someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend is pretty lame. The two people should know when the relationship gets to that place.
    For me, in most relationships I've been in, it's been kind of like that. Where it's at the point where not calling it a relationship would be a denial, but no one's really made it official yet due to shyness or being a bit unsure or whatever. With Hux and I, a lot of it was me not even being sure if I could do the distance thing before we meet up, and even after we meet up for a while, because I was thoroughly sick of it. I guess it's worked out though, because he's coming over here in less than a month, and then I'll be (if all goes as planned) over there for between a semester or a full year next year. ;o

But yeah, the point I'm trying to make is that in the relationships I've been in, I've never just been asked out of the blue, me not really even knowing them beyond one or two conversations. Only creeps with teen mustaches have done that with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Nope... it was just kinda like "Hey, creep, your hand is on my boob" "I guess that makes you my girlfriend" and by the authority of manlaw she was mine.
    I lol'd so hard that I almost spit water on my keyboard. xD

But yeah, like Jess, I never asked any guy to date me before. I kind of asked a guy on a date before, but he didn't seem to understand my intentions exactly, so it was super awkward.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    But yeah, like Jess, I never asked any guy to date me before. I kind of asked a guy on a date before, but he didn't seem to understand my intentions exactly, so it was super awkward.
    I'm trying to imagine how this whole thing can ever cause a misunderstanding but it always ends up with him screaming out "NO I WILL NOT HAVE BUTTSEX WITH YOU" and running away like the eleven year old boy he is.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm trying to imagine how this whole thing can ever cause a misunderstanding but it always ends up with him screaming out "NO I WILL NOT HAVE BUTTSEX WITH YOU" and running away like the eleven year old boy he is.
    True to my Y!M name, huh? ;;

Oh BoB, when will you understand that a real man isn't afraid of THAT!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A real man isn't just unafraid. A real man actively seeks it out.

I'm thinking it was more a case of "This hot girl can't actually want to go on a date-date with me! It must just be a casual friends thing"
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

A real man isn't just unafraid. A real man actively seeks it out.
    A real man doesn't just actively seek it out, a Real man will to it to himself if he's deprived for to long.

And anyway, on topic, no. No I haven't. But just telling a girl you like her yes. And let me tell you, we guys are a lot more nervous then we appear to be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    And let me tell you, we guys are a lot more nervous then we appear to be.
    Seriously.

Personally I think I've only been rejected once because I tend to wait until I know how they feel before I ask them to be my girlfriend. The one girl who rejected me was a girl who had liked me for some time but had gone off me by the time I picked up the guts to ask her out. Go figure.

As for those skeptics who think that you can't know that you want to be together forever after 2 months of knowing someone. I can vouch that I knew, and my sister, who's been happily married for almost 11 years knew after 2 months. Some people just know, but then again my sister and I have epic intuition.
    11 years is hardly forever. I know of several marriages that have been ended at the 20 year mark.