Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just give it another chance... HELL NO!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Angry Just give it another chance... HELL NO!

Have you ever played a game you didn't care for and later tried to give it another chance only to find you it hate even more than you did the first time around?

I finished FFX for the third time and I can honestly say I learn to hate this game more and more each time I play it. I even started laughing during the end parts of the game cause it got so damn cheesy.

The only other title I can think of off the top of my head was Tekken in which every new attempt at playing the series has left me wondering why people think its so damn great.

Odin Sphere.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got half way through RE4 before I stopped playing because of some really annoying gameplay issues. Decided to give it another go after a few months since I knew I had to at least finish it or people would think my opinion of it's utter crappiness invalid. 10 hours later I was past the ending and realized the game sucked even more than I had originally thought.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Earth Defence Force 2017. How I managed to hate this game more second time around, I'll never know.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Odin Sphere xD

I don't care what people say about the story (which was getting good)... the gameplay is lacking so hard imo... I simply stopped...

FFX and Tekken happen to be two of mine also.

I played FFX up to the point where I unlocked the battle against Penance. How much more of "another chance" do I need to give it?

As far as I'm concerned, the above act alone grants me the right to not have to give games "another chance"; I've come so close to the very pinnacle of doing that (actually taking the time to defeat Penance would indeed reach it in my book).

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Chrono Trigger, PSX port. I can't even play it for 20 minutes without wanting to take that slow-loading CD and put it in the microwave.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah guys you obviously don't hate these games you've played to completion. If you hate the game you play for an hour. If you play for 15 hours or play through FFX three times, or get to Penance, you're either exaggerating or an idiot, because you either did like it or you voluntarily did something you don't like for dozens of hours

Final Fantasy XII. Also, that new Smash Brothers is pretty much unplayable for me. Luckily, it's not my game, it's my brother's.

The more I played FF8 the more I hated it, never managed to beat it, probably never will.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Have you ever played a game you didn't care for and later tried to give it another chance only to find you it hate even more than you did the first time around?

I finished FFX for the third time and I can honestly say I learn to hate this game more and more each time I play it. I even started laughing during the end parts of the game cause it got so damn cheesy.

The only other title I can think of off the top of my head was Tekken in which every new attempt at playing the series has left me wondering why people think its so damn great.
    That's funny, I seem to remember a certain message where you claim to actually enjoy it!

HALO. Given it plenty of chances, endured the "you gotta get more into it!" statements, gave it more tries. I'm a FPS junkie - I just don't think it's a good shooter.

And FFVI. I don't hate it, I usually have fun while playing it, but I had to endure plenty of "you gotta get further!" before I supposedly would realize how great it is. Finally beat it and got a "You need to give it a second go!" *fainted*

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Yeah guys you obviously don't hate these games you've played to completion. If you hate the game you play for an hour. If you play for 15 hours or play through FFX three times, or get to Penance, you're either exaggerating or an idiot, because you either did like it or you voluntarily did something you don't like for dozens of hours
    Not necessarily. I kept hoping RE4 would get better being a huge fan of the series. It didn't, I'll never play it again, and couldn't give a crap about the series ever again. I could kind of see playing a game 3 times over a long enough period. Tastes change, and something you didn't enjoy 7 years ago you might have a different opinion of now.

Oh, I forgot the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess chapters of Zelda. Two worst ones I've ever played. I'll never buy another Zelda game as long as I live.

I'm fine everything pre-Wind Waker. Those game are sweet (except Zelda II). Hell, I was playing Link to the Past last night!

Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. I was tolerating it up until the 50% mark, but I couldn't stand it any more and quit. After playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2, I wanted to see what had happened between XII and A2 to get Vaan to change so much and stuff. I restarted Revenant Wings and played a few missions before shutting it off. It was even worse than I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Yeah guys you obviously don't hate these games you've played to completion. If you hate the game you play for an hour. If you play for 15 hours or play through FFX three times, or get to Penance, you're either exaggerating or an idiot, because you either did like it or you voluntarily did something you don't like for dozens of hours :monster:
    A lot of games (especially RPGs) start out slow and build up as they go.

Yeah, the reason I gave Odin Sphere so many chances is because people kept telling me that it gets a lot better after the first book. Of course, after I hit the book one epilogue I decided it simply wasn't worth finding out for myself.