Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Weapon is a pansy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    I said his stats, like HP ect, if you go in with all low level characters with crap stats you can kill him with one Lionheart... at least thats what iv been told lol.
    That's also wrong. Omega's stats only depend on his level, and his level is permanently set to 100 in the Playstation version. At least in the PAL version of the game.

This game is sadly the easiest out of all the FFs if you ask me. I love the idea of the junctioning system... but it's so easy to abuse. Or rather... it's so hard NOT to abuse, unless you set up certain rules and restrictions for yourself.

For example, like this:

YouTube - Waka Weapon part 1

The only time I remember having a really hard time was when I played my "Ability junctioning only" challenge several years ago. That made a few battles really, really tough.

Blog Entries

out of all the things I've tried I've never found a good spell to put on elemental attack. any one know what to use?

PS Omega is something I always look forward in a final fantasy. well exclude 12.
    Last edited by Saber; 11-24-2008 at 01:07 AM.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Omega is extremely hard if you dont use invcibility and 200+ stats. You will need to constantly use defend or rinoa's limit break and you wont always get invicible moon and u wont always get lion heart either.

On the other hard you can be cheap and use Holy Wars etc or too make the game harder you can make your own special things like i did etc

Squall only has HP and Str Junction

Zell has HP and Vit

Quistis had Mag & Spr

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Malboros, but once I learn Elem-Defx4, Elem-Atk and Stat-Defx4 I'm invincible. Malboros are like bite bugs once I have that.

Ultima might have been easy but he was way more badass than Omega.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by *Omega Peach* View Post
    I agree, but my sister and I have never beaten him. :rolleyes2 One of the best video game bosses ever!
    Yes we will soon moo!

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually that video on youtube of Omega being level 100 offered no proof at all, the levels of the enemies are dependant on Squall's level alone. Squall was level 100 in the video at the start, Only Quistis and Selphie weren't. However the video is right, Omega is I believe level 100 all the way through. No matter your level.

As for chumping him? I used Selphie, cast Aura, Slot, 3rd do-over turns out "The End", battle over.

I never even got to use Renkozuken once, I was like "hmm want this over now, plz! BANG! AND THE DIRT IS GONE!" Was cheap yes, still that was my quickest Omega fight. A friend copied me but I found that he'd opened his tray and kept doing over for like 20 mins to get The End up.

All games once you've learnt how to control them are easy, even games with horrible control systems or poorly explained menus/options/set ups. Too Human and Dropship (ps2 and 360 games) are perfect examples of good games with poor control systems Too Human put all melee attacks on the right analogue stick along with targetting/camera movement which was ick but once I figured it out the game was easy. Dropship was just one of the most unforgiving ps2 flight combat sims out there, even when landing to re-arm and repair you'd be attackable, made for a good balance of attack and defense after a while of getting used to it. Robot Warlords on the ps2 was a perfect example for me of a poorly explained game, the game play was very similar to front mission 3 but the game fails to explain any of this to you in a comfortable manner. However with all 3 of these games I have become profficient and dare I say, good at them because I put the effort in to learn them.

The gameplay of Final Fantasy VIII being easier is justified. The plot of this game is no doubt more complex than other Final Fantasy games, so having a hardcore plot and a medium-leveled gameplay makes sense. It looks like the developers of FF8 have put more efforts into the story rather than the gameplay. Of course, FF8 is mostly all about the story.

You want hard challenges? Limit your functions in this game or just play other games.