Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this game better than Final Fantasy XII?

*first post is 2 and a half years =o*

It's not that FFXII is bad. In fact, it's pretty darn awesome.

It's just that FFIX is the best Final Fantasy ever, ever made. Comparing both is as much of an insult to FFIX as other comparisons would be. It's just that perfect.

Well, as long as you guys don't compare FFIX to FFVII, I won't feel offended. =O
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

by far..better than XII
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

IX for the victory!

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

12 sux >=(

ahmagahd they changed the game its not like all the other FF games i h8 it
    derp

Did...did you just told me to compare Final Fantasy IX to that disgrace?
    BLASPHEMY!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFIX was nice, but I like FFXII better.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think FFXII is FFIX without the heart. When I started FFXII, I thought "Wow, this could be on part with 9!" but then I stopped playing about 25 hours in - something I never did with a Final Fantasy game before. FFIX just has a lot of soul in it.

I also much prefer FFIX's fighting system. I love four character fighting! FFXII is too easy, as well.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If Final Fantasy XII is the ground, Final Fantasy IX is the dog taking a dump on the ground.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    *first post is 2 and a half years =o*

Well, as long as you guys don't compare FFIX to FFVII, I won't feel offended. =O
    lol. I love me some IX i really like XII too, but it's just for it's combat, for it to be up par with iX it had to have an amazing well paced story along with a great battle system. Sadly it didn't.

I think both games were pretty easy, and both have stunning cutscenes. However, I thought FFXII was a disaster, especially in comparison to FFIX.

The terrible pacing in XII meant that half the time I had no idea what was going on and after a while I kinda stopped caring, whereas IX always lead you back to the matter at hand, even if it occasionally deviated.

I also felt that XII had boring, undeveloped characters which meant that there was no respite from the terribly thought out pacing of the story, which is a shame as there where a couple characters such as Balthier who could've been brilliant. And I don't just mean good, cos I know there's a lot of people that like his character and i'm in agreement to a certain degree, I mean really great. Of course, this isn't the case in IX where we meet some of the most loved and memorable characters in the entire series, namely Vivi, Quina etc.

Also, the array of seemingly endless 'areas' that look exactly the same screen after screen reminded me of a game I played years ago called Dark Cloud. Anyone else who has played this will understand the horrific bordom caused by that game. The environment in IX seems to have been much more thought out, no two screens look the same and I feel this made for an on the whole more visually spectacular game.

hell yes it is

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

This thread is full of fail with how childishly people are bashing XII. You wouldn't know a decent RPG if it came up and slapped you all in the face with a rotten fish.

And this is coming from somebody who says IX > XII. But seeing as IX is my favorite and XII my second, that's not saying much, I suppose. And just for good measure: V > VI and III > IV.

Honestly, gamers these days, no respect for any hard work of the developers anymore...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's be nice, Elpizio. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and it seems everyone has given well-thought out reasons for their criticism.

One of the things I did like about FFXII was just the sheer beauty of the world - it seems a lot like FFIX's scenery, but combined with the really advanced graphics of FFX and onward. The first town was just... wow. I wish there were more towns in the game than dungeons, but that's just me. That's one of my favorite things about FFXI as well - they seemed to look so similar, though that game didn't work out for me when I tried the trial of it because my laptop was a bit too laggy for me. Maybe I'll try it again when I get a better laptop or a PC.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I'm not denying people's right to their own opinion. People can dislike XII, that is true. But let's be honest here. XII a piece of ? The ground IX poops on? Please. The game is full of quality, and clearly shows a lot of hard work went into it. It's very developed, and an enormous, expansive world. Arguably the best Ivalice we've seen so far.

That not everybody likes its changes, gameplay or story, that is fine. After all, I think VI is the worst FF game ever, too, and I find it boring. But, I won't deny that it's a good RPG that a lot of effort went into. I just don't like it, for my own reasons. XII dislikers should be like this, too. However, the way XII is bashed by some people in this topic is, and pardon me for saying it again, just childish, as well as disrespectful to the people who worked hard on the game.

People need to be reasonable. There are far worse games and RPGs out there than XII, but reading some of the comments here would make one believe XII is on the level of Superman 64 bad or something like that. And it really isn't.

Blog Entries

Hey, don't you rip on my precious Superman 64! A lot of time and effort went into creating that paragon of human technological achievement!

there was a picture here