Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unintentionally funny songs

Default Unintentionally funny songs

Have you ever heard a song that the artist fully expects you take seriously, but instead you find yourself guffawing?

One such song for me is Janet Jackson's Feedback. In fact, I have decided it is the single funniest thing on this entire planet, slightly beating out people who sign internet petitions.

Yet I cannot stop listening to it, for in its own way it gives me great satisfaction.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That Bulgarian Idol "Ken Lee" song.

Never Gonna Give You Up. Hilarious.

After all that Arrested Development, whenever I hear "Final Countdown," I can't help laughing.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Linkin Park's Crawling, and all those godawful emo/screamo songs the kids are listening to these days.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Linkin Park's Crawling, and all those godawful emo/screamo songs the kids are listening to these days.
    Linkin Park anything.

I love that song, but they just set themselves up for all the mis-heard lyric videos out there. I can barely tell what he's saying when the chorus comes up.

Um, I'll have to agree with Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give you Up.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Flobots's "Handlebars"

I can tell you all about Leif Eriksen. And I can see your face on my telephone.

Also the line from that one Incubus song that goes "Love hurts, but sometimes it's a good hurt. . ." I don't know what's so funny about it, but it makes me laugh every time.

Pretty much every Cradle of Filth song after I saw some misheard lyric videos and stopped being able to tell was Dani was really saying and then even songs that didn't have videos I started laughing at. Lolrunonsentence
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Love In This Club" by Usher. Just listening to the lyrics and visualising it happening is so absurd it cracks me up.

That song makes me giggle too. It used to be used on YTMND as a background track to anything sad happening, then along came Untitled by Simple Plan to bugger it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by ff7+ff10 gurl 100 View Post
    I love that song, but they just set themselves up for all the mis-heard lyric videos out there. I can barely tell what he's saying when the chorus comes up.
    "Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal" is clearly what he sings, but the liner notes read "Crawling in my skin, consuming what a feel".

Anyway.

Iron Maiden - The Prisoner.

For some reason, when I lipsynch or indeed sing this one, I move as if to be avoiding breathing into the mic. As a result, I start chucking Chocolate Rain lines into it...

Or instead of "Run! Fight! To breathe! It's gonna be tough!" I'll sing "Move! From the mic! To breathe!" etc.

And finally there's that death metal track from Guilty Gear 2: Overture. The title, Worthless As The Sun Above Clouds, is crazy enough but the voice makes me giggle, even more after I made up fake lyrics of my own for it so that I could actually "sing" along to it while I waited for the real lyrics to pop up somewhere...

Under the darkside raging fool
    Mineral water
    Key aye ham
    Burnt face
    Devoured flies
    And Vega's doomed
    Crunchie debt hovercraft
    Dirk toy hall spear
    That may be constant on the crossroads*
    Look at you
    What can a deer pretend for
    Mineral water
    Boar eye ham
    Hsu Hao's star sign
    I've just got to dial
    Hentai rains down
    Ollie's gay
    Jeff might hold the shark

And that's just the first verse... did I mention the song's actually in English too?

*At this point he's actually saying the song's title. I never caught on.

YouTube - Worthless as the Sun above Clouds - Guilty Gear 2 Overture

Go on, have a singsong! The real lyrics are in the video description.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Lil' Wayne - Lollipop. That song just screams "fake" all over itself.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Limp Bizkit - Rollin'

And My Humps by Black Eyes Peas, a song that tries so hard to be sexy and fails so miserably at it.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

The Clear winner hear is Ice Ice Baby. B)

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    And My Humps by Black Eyes Peas, a song that tries so hard to be sexy and fails so miserably at it.
    Oh man, I forgot about that one. That song is mothersmurfing hilarious. I had to get Alanis' joke-cover just because it puts such a spotlight on the lyrics. That is some good fun.