Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Yahoo! Complaining About Now?

Default What's Yahoo! Complaining About Now?

New game enemy takes a solid day to defeat - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games

I'm no where near this in the game, but if some enemies take days to defeat, I think I'll cancel my subscription soon.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yikes, I have no care to battle something like that, yet I applaud Square-Enix for adding content for the truly devoted and masochistic fans.

I also laugh that fans are disgruntled over this addition. Really? It bothers them that much that this was added?
    Figaro Castle

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Well, I know a monster I won't be fighting

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

I know a couple people that would be ecstatic if something like this was put into WoW. To be honest, though, I don't understand why people are complaining. I mean if you don't want to fight him then simply don't. It's not like they are forcing you to go after this impossible beast.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

They couldn't kill some end game mob in less then 3 hours? That just means they suck. If something can't be killed in a few hours in FFXI then that means you shouldn't be fighting it, cause you don't know how to kill it.

Really this is nothing new, there have been plenty of mobs in the game that took hours to beat, the only difference here is this isn't something like Absolute Virtue who you can't damage and who will kill you before you reach that insane amount of time invested mark.

I like the longer battles in the game against the stronger enemies because it feels epic when it takes you an hour to down a dragon, or 2 hours to take down a god beast. But seriously if your spending 18 hours on a single mob and his HP doesn't get dented, then your doing something wrong and continually wailing on it won't change the matter.
    This space intentionally left blank.

They did dent his HP, the only thing is, every time he would die or be damaged a certain amount he would change forms and be back at full. I believe it was said that he went through 20 forms or so in the 18 hours. There is also the fact that every time he changed forms he would spawn a lot of Pandemonium Lamps. Most people think there is a trick to canceling out some, if not most of his forms, they just haven't figured it out yet. Of course, it could be that it's supposed to be an 18 hour fight, just like SE said AV can be.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

I'm pretty certain that bit about how they don't desire to see peoples lives suffer, means they don't want pictures.
    Anyway, that sounds pretty cool. There's probably some really simple way of beating it or something that people have just overlooked. If not then that seems to be a pretty tough boss or enemy or whatever.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    They couldn't kill some end game mob in less then 3 hours? That just means they suck. If something can't be killed in a few hours in FFXI then that means you shouldn't be fighting it, cause you don't know how to kill it.
    After reading the story again this is what I thought as well.
    Figaro Castle

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Supposedly, there is a strategy or methodology to fighting certain boss battles in Final Fantasy XI that currently have no clear solution. Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden are two of those boss battles - players will be able to damage it and withstand its assaults, but be locked in an eternal combat, as both monsters can regenerate their HP through the use of Benediction or by changing forms.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As expected with the national publicity, SE is going to 'adjust' AV and PW in the September update. I wonder what that will be.

I'll never get to the point where I will actually fight one of these creatures so I don't really care.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Whoa o:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimage View Post
    Of course, it could be that it's supposed to be an 18 hour fight, just like SE said AV can be.
    Yeah but who honestly can last an 18 hour fight with AV? He's got so many AOE of death attacks and 2 hours that you generally die long before you even reach the point of the fight taking too long.

What they should do is toss on a few insta'death type AOEs on this new mob and bam problem solved. People can't complain about it taking too long in fighting because they'll be dead long before they ever reach that point.
    This space intentionally left blank.

From my understanding of Square-Enix's comments on the matter, is that there are special techniques needed to be used to accomplish victory. We haven't found out for either this or Absolute Virtue yet, and it is (according to SE) unexpected the way in which we are going about fighting these mobs. That is why they said they are looking into it and are trying to change it.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is just another case of the media taking any opportunity to slander gaming and gamers. We're all gamers here, why is anybody taking this article seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    This is just another case of the media taking any opportunity to slander gaming and gamers. We're all gamers here, why is anybody taking this article seriously?

I didn't really find it slanderous at all.

They're taking the article seriously because, as admitted in this thread, clearly these monsters exist, and some people just want to complain about it. Not normal non-gamers complaining, actual gamers who are Q.Q-ing over things, normally they'll just Q.Q ingame but clearly they wanted to Q.Q elsewhere.

With that said, my guild can't even pay attention to an instance for 3 hours, anything more than that would just be something I would plan on never doing.