Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mortal Kombat vs Tekken

MK especialy the early ones 1-3, i can't stand Tekken or KoF because they respond like mud through a coffee maker, if i hit a button i expect the move to be pulled off imediately not 3 seconds later, i like my fighters to be fast like Dead or Alive, Guilty Gear, & Street Fighter, and the earlier MKs responded very well in that regard...

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you take the best one of each series, Tekken. If you take them as a whole, Tekken. The only way MK wins is if you compare the worst of Tekken to the best of MK, and even then it's not a big gap. But put Tekken 2 or 3 up and Mortal Kombat gets demolished so utterly that it's not even funny.

I don't think the comparison is all that fair considering the best Mortal Kombat has to offer were its 2D games while the best Tekken has to offer are 3D titles. For what its worth, Mortal Kombat II is a damn fine 2D fighter which few other fighters can match. I don't see how any Tekken game can demolish such a fine title.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Don't particularly like either. There's better fighting games out there. Kinda odd to choose those two to go head to head though
    This

Specifically, the best fighting series is Soul.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Shang Tsung's made me lol uncontrollably.

I love Mortal Kombat and its lore. I've played one of the first MK games when I was little. Was so mad fun.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The only MK games I can say I like is Shaolin Monks...

Tekken is slow and boring and you'll outgrow video games by the time the two characters have walked towards each other.

Mortal Kombat is a series that constantly tries to make it look like each character is unique but fails because in the end they just have a different stance and all their attacks do the same thing. At least Tekken has variation on its side, even if it is incredibly slow.

I think that both franchises suck very hard, but I'm yet another person who loved MKII back in the day (in other words, when I was 9). I can still kick my friends' asses at it because I'm just so much more oldskool than them.

Either way, I'd rather play Street Fighter or Guilty Gear. MK and Tekken are both mainly 3D now and I don't like 3D fighters at all. (Yes I know GG has a 3D game; it's an action/RTS and not a fighting game. Shut it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Tekken. A thousand times Tekken.
    Tekken. A gazillion times Tekken.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Tekken, definitely.

Str8 Pimpin'

Funny, I was just talking about this exact topic with a friend earlier today. She grew up with Mortal Kombat and is a big fan of it, so she prefers that, and I prefer Tekken because some of my fondest gaming memories come from endlessly playing Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament with my buddies.

Really, I like both for different reasons; Mortal Kombat for its presentation and mythos, Tekken for its gameplay and the nostalgiac effects it has on me.

I want to find a copy of Tekken 3 now.

Jellyfish swim by.

I'm gonna have to go with Tekken. I'm an old game player so i grew up with Mortal Kombat when it first hit the arcades back in the early to mid 90's and thought it was the greatest game then I played tekken and said well screw MK this is my new fighting game that I must play over and over. Tekken gets my vote everytime.