Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exchange students

Default Exchange students

So, the other day I was at a party where an exchange student from Japan also was present. Her name was Shoko or something like that (I didn't really catch it, 'cause of the alcohol flowing trough my veins and the loud music pumping in the background). Anyway, we got to talking and I asked her about must-sees in Tokyo since I'm going there next year. We had a nice little chat and she seemed like a really sweet girl (plus, she had the asian cuteness-factor going for her). Of course I had to tell her what a big japanophile I am and how much I love Hayao Miyazaki, Battle Royale, Final Fantasy and all that other great stuff - all that nerdiness probably made her think I was somewhat of a freakazoid or something, but whatever Exchange students are great.. back in high school we also had two of them at the same time in my class (Juliana from Brazil and Dalia from Lithuania).

Anyway, here's for the topic: What's your experience with exchange students? What do you think of the whole thing, and have you ever been one yourself?
    Last edited by Breine; 08-25-2008 at 04:04 PM.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My old school had some link with a school in Germany and we did exchanges between them every few years. So people from our school went to live with people in Germany and then they came to live over here in the UK with the other family. So we had this wave of Germans in, and one called Yanis I think, we (our year) taught him all our swear words and rude hand signals.

We all loled so hard when we'd hear him say them.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hahahaha the girls always fight over the exchange students at my school xD

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it all ends up right, I'll be studying abroad in England for a semester or, hopefully, a school year, next year. Be afraid, Englishmen and Englishwomen. Be very afraid.

I am going to be an exchange student next year. In Tokyo, no less. EoFF Tokyo Meetup anyone?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One of my good friends at college, Marianna, is Portugese! But she's not an exchange student. The only one of those I recall was a girl called Sarah from like... Florida or something. Very very quiet girl. Never spoke to her.

We sometimes get German students come over here for a few weeks, one came out with us a lot during the day and night, and he was quite shocked at the way we lived, such as everyone getting drunk every friday night lol

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

There are some exchange students at my college but they don't talk much and I think they're probably just researching to make bombs or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    back in high school we also had two of them at the same time in my class (Juliana from Brazil and Dalia from Lithuania)

there was a picture here

Every year of my high-school career, our neighbors across the street hosted a Japanese student. I remember we used to get nice sized groups of all the exchange students and quite a few students from school and we'd do things like go bowling and such.

I remember in my freshman year, it was the first year that Afghani students could participate in foreign exchange. It was very good, because at the time we were at war and having him coming silenced a lot prejudiced thoughts and edjucated much of the student body about what Middle-Eastern people really are like.

We also had German kids quite often. My senior year there was a girl from Germany who was VERY sarcastic, so that meant we had to instantly be best friends.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've done study abroad, I don't know if it was really an exchange program? maybe it is. But one of the girls with us was an exchange student for sure; she was from japan and going to school at uofa double foreign!

One of my best friends moved here from Japan a few months (not sure if just moving here counts as Exchange Student). He doesn't speak English that well but he's awesome and draws well. He's trying to learn new stuff in English, which unfortunately some people who are jerks and MTV make for some really random stuff that he says. One time I said hello and asked him what's up and he just shouted out "smurf THE POLICE". And every now and then he gets me in trouble when he jokingly tells everyone else I'm the one teaching him this stuff. xD
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I will be an exchange student for the fall semester, at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.

My high school had three that I can remember, though I'm sure others that I didn't pay enough attention to. There was a girl from Turkmenistan whose name escapes me, a girl from China named Yayu (who actually never went *back* to China, and a girl from Japan named something Japanesey. I did not really know any of them.

In high school, we had two from Germany, one from Poland, one from Venezuela, one from China, one from Norway, and one from Poland that I can remember. I'm sure there were more but those are the only ones that stick out at the moment. I became pretty good friends with the two German kids, and the Venezuelan girl was fun to flirt with because she didn't understand most of what I was saying

edit: Brazil, Chile, Italy. And I know I'm forgetting some. Damn, we had a lot.
    Last edited by I Took the Red Pill; 08-25-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Back in high school we had an exchange student from China, I didn't really know her personally, but I heard that she was all excited to come to California but ended up crying when she found out there was no beaches and it was nothing like on TV. :rolleyes2
    Anon say I. Photobucket