Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitter Virgin

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Default Bitter Virgin

*Does a little dance*

My signature has a link to Solaris-SVU's Bitter Virgin translations for those who haven't read it and are interested. But since I know some of you all are doubtlessly too lazy to click my signature here is a link.

Bitter Virgin is finally completely scanlated for our viewing pleasure. Now if only Square would take the hint and publish it in the states so that I could have a hard copy in my own language.

Now, onto the real point of the post. Basically for those of you who read it what did you think of it?
    Did you like the ending?
    Did the characters feel 'real' to you?
    If you read it as it was being scanlated what did you think of the 'cliffhangers'?

I adored the ending it felt like a very natural conclusion that I had NOT completely anticipated. In other words it kept me hooked until the very end and didn't let me down even at the end(which way too many books/manga/anime do).

While Kazuki at first felt out of place, at the end she does feel real. A bit of a crazy... but hey, there are crazy women in real life too(wait... aren't all of them crazy *readies defensive barrier and insures it is still plugged in*). The way the characters reacted and the way they were reacted to all felt very well built. The character interaction is easily one of the best things about this Manga.

Ack!~ so many cliffhangers.... Thank goodness Gari is a fast with releases! I don't think I have ever wanted to see the end of manga as much as I did with this one. And only books by authors like Elizabeth Haydon, Jane Lindskold, George R.R. Martin, and that kind of ilk gripped me has hard as Bitter Virgin did.

I just loved this manga sooo much. Darn it all Square, publish it in the states already!!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Haha, funny that you posted about this. About 4 days ago I was randomly browsing One Manga for something to read and from the title I thought this would be some hilarious thing but then after reading the first chapter I was fairly horrified and read through it to see where the story went. It hasn't been fully updated on there yet so I don't know how it ends but so far it has been alright. Quite harsh though.

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Haha, funny that you posted about this. About 4 days ago I was randomly browsing One Manga for something to read and from the title I thought this would be some hilarious thing but then after reading the first chapter I was fairly horrified and read through it to see where the story went. It hasn't been fully updated on there yet so I don't know how it ends but so far it has been alright. Quite harsh though.

OneManga will probably have the final two chapters updated by the end of the day. They seem to update Solaris's work pretty quickly. Though I prefer to use Solaris's site. The Easy Share file host apparently gives out payments for X number of downloads. And not only do I like reading manga in CDisplay more than online, but I also like helping out scanlators when I can. Scanlating is hard work.

But wow... that must have been a shock to the system if you thought it was going to be humour based...

I loved the ending, I know not everyone will like, people seem to want the happily ever after type of ending, but it is a good ending overall.

Edit- Scratch the end of the day comment, OneManga has already updated it.

Edit 2- Looking at onemanga's page just reminded me of how awesome Gari is... I mean an entire Volume translated and edited in around 10 days. First chapter of the volume was released August 14 at 1:25 pm and he released chapter 32(the final one) at 2:25pm today. I am surprised he ain't dead.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Haha, funny that you posted about this. About 4 days ago I was randomly browsing One Manga for something to read and from the title I thought this would be some hilarious thing
    And I should've kept reading that post from there and I didn't and met the same fate as DK.

Still good though, I shall keep reading.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I saw this as a normal manga until the punch in the face on page 26. D:

*reads more*

EDIT: Up to chapter 6 now, and I'm liking this. Thanks Shun!
    Last edited by Momiji; 08-25-2008 at 04:27 AM.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

One of a handful of manga that's managed to keep me interested. I remember reading the first 3 volumes back in March, good to know it's finished now.

(SPOILER)My mother once lost a baby before birth, and almost lost me.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 08-25-2008 at 07:02 AM.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

What exactly is it about?

Wow, I just got to Chapter 23, I was not expecting this manga to be able to outdo itself with the punch in the face at the beginning. Damn.
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    What exactly is it about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris Site
    Description: Suwa Daisuke is the ladies man of his small town high school, and he has his eye on most every girl, except for one. Aikawa Hinako isn't his type, but when he overhears a deep dark secret of hers, he finds himself thinking of her more and more.
    Just about anything else is spoiler material. And at least part of the manga's appeal is that it just keeps going and going in the shock area. There is more than one 'punch to the face' moment.

I suppose I could post a spoiler... but it really doesn't take long to get to the core of the plot. You find out the secret in the first chapter. Really I figured Solaris's description was plenty :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Wow, I just got to Chapter 23, I was not expecting this manga to be able to outdo itself with the punch in the face at the beginning. Damn.
    Wait until Chapter ... 30? I think it was... I wanted to scream when I read Aikawa's decision at that point. And 31 has another moment. And well, this manga just loves to grab you by the balls(I don't know where it grabs women at).

Damn, now I'm done and want to read more. =[
    whos' obama?

Trust me, you are the only one.

Anyhow, other works done by this mangaka, Kusunoki Kei, are:
    Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX both scanlated by Solaris.
    Donmai Princess also done by Solaris
    100 Ways of the Exorcist once again done by Solaris
    Koi Tomurai again by Solaris
    D no Fuuin, you guessed it once again Solaris has translated it
    Dokkan Love, do I even need to say it?
    Migiko Nippon Ichi!! really I think I have said Solaris too many times now.

Kusunoki really seems to be able to do a wide variety of story types. I don't really like Girls Saurus much, and I haven't had much of a chance to read the other's yet. In addition Gari is thinking of picking up Kusunoki's latest manga, "Beast Song".

Note that out of the above titles I hear D no Fuuin is one of the more serious ones.

Well I really should try some of the others sometime soon.

Anyways back on topic, I must say the ending of BV rocked majorly so. I really don't think it could have been done much better.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Damn, same here. Nothing like a good story to tear your heart out in the morning. I'm going to be in a GREAT mood today! < /sarcasm>

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah the ending was pretty sweet. I was half expecting it to do something even more horrific like having Suwa get killed or something harsh like that but I am glad it all turned out okay.

But wow... that must have been a shock to the system if you thought it was going to be humour based...
    Haha seriously. I thought it was going to be like, one of those frustrated schoolboys doing everything in his power to get laid and failing miserably type things.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

If that guy at the end actually did what I think he wanted to do, I would have been vastly upset. Story spoiler/sensitive subject matterRape isn't something I can handle in my 'entertainment'. As a backstory or something, fine. But don't make it happen in front of me, or I will stop watching/reading.

It's a very personal thing for me.

I was satisfied with the ending though. Good stuff.

This is where I first heard about this manga (some spoils).

Haha seriously. I thought it was going to be like, one of those frustrated schoolboys doing everything in his power to get laid and failing miserably type things.

Whilst it failed to fool me into thinking that I can say that you weren't the only one who thought something like that. Another common misconception is people end up thinking it will be a hentai manga or something.

Really this manga is like the king of misconceptions or something!

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    If that guy at the end actually did what I think he wanted to do, I would have been vastly upset. Story spoiler/sensitive subject matterRape isn't something I can handle in my 'entertainment'. As a backstory or something, fine. But don't make it happen in front of me, or I will stop watching/reading.

I don't think he actually wanted to rape her. He was just frustrated and confronted her about it. Not a good thing to do, he obviously terrified her half to death, but he just needed to let off his frustration.

I don't really think he was a particularly bad guy, just one who let his frustration get the better of him.