Thread: Level 99

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Level 99

Anyone else equally crazy?

I leveled everyone up to 99 before taking on the end. I did that once for the SNES version. I'm ka-ray-zee like that . . . but my guess is that I'm not alone in that on this board?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That's a given on any forum-- at least one person goes out of their way for perfection.

I myself have not.

I've got to like 71 on the SNES.

It's hard for me to find a reason to max out levels in this series. It's too time consuming, and there isn't much of a reward.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not that time-consuming, although it's much easier on the GBA version. I actually have a file on the GBA version with everyone at 99, simply because it looks awesome.

With SNES level 65 at best but there is no sense getting anyone to level 99. With GBA I did that and I also got 100% beastiary and every sidequest done. All I donīt have is Adamant armor and those three extra rare but weak summons.

I wouldn't find it useful, and the overabundance of power would make it a bit dull for me too.

So nah.

Might try and do it in the DS version regardless.

Blog Entries

I only got Rydia to 99 (and with all stats except HP maxed out, and I gave her the HP+50% augment to allow her to reach 9999HP as well) in a DESPERATE attempt to solo Proto-Babil. Too bad, I found out that since Rydia can do around 22,000 damage at most with double-casted meteor (after using Cry to lower defense) and Proto-Babil can heal for 24,000+ when he gets below 120,000 HP AND at that point he starts to counter with a fixed 9999 damage attack, it's actually impossible. Sad but true. I managed to solo everything else at lower levels though.

I had everyone at 99, but I like doing that when I'm on an RPG. Some people like to try to beat a game at the minimum level, and some people like going all out. I guess I just like level grinding. FFIV is also one of the easier games to grind to 99, so I figured why not.

yes indeed i done it
    the only games in this series i havent got everyone totaly maxed out are ffe for the ds and ffx
    there simply arent enough hours in a lifetime for that

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have a save file with everyone at level 99 on my SNES cartridge that I never plan on erasing.
    Figaro Castle

ahh memories
    i just rememberei used to fall asleep tryin to max out there levels on this game while lying in bed and listening to nirvanas nevermind album
    good times indeed