Thread: I just finished FF III (NES) for the first time!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default I just finished FF III (NES) for the first time!

And I'm glad it's overwith.

No savespots in dungeons? Whaaa?

Like FOUR dungeons IN A ROW with no way to revive (no tents/cabins, no reviving springs)!

The the boss. Insane!

But I'm glad I did it. Has anyone else on here? What level were you at when you beat it? I was at a paltry 50 . . . I should have gained levels.

Awesome. Too bad I gave up after a few hours.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Four dungeons? Two you mean. Sylx Tower and Dark World are the only two dungeons with no savepoints in between. Eureka you can save outside Sylx Tower and Ancient's Maze just as well.

And there are healing springs in Eureka. And it's really not that hard to go back through ancient's maze to the Invincible...

Besides that, yup, I beat FF III NES. Two times even. The second time I beat it with an end party that had no Ninjas or Sages, but a Knight, Mystic Knight, Shaman and Summoner. Hard, but beatable. I was lv 52 the first time I beat it. I was lv 60 the second time I did it. I will probably play it again sometime, but for playthroughs through III NES, there needs to be some time in between.

Loved the Final Dungeons. Dark World especially was awesome, but hard. Those four bosses are killer. And the Final Boss is a matter of luck and skill, especially when you're not using Ninja's and Sages. But I still love this game. Best FF ever.

I've beaten the NES version once, and come very close on two other saves. First time I played through, I was so underlevelled I couldn't defeat any of the Dark Crystal bosses (they'd own me in a single turn), then the second time I beat it. Most recently I was unable to take down the final boss, and was so peeved at the amount of time it had taken me (because the last save is right before Sylx tower) that I've not taken another shot.

And since then I've bought FFIII DS anyway, and have beaten it once. Second playthrough is underway, I'm using four Red Mages for as long as I can keep them equipped with the latest spells and gear.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Four dungeons? Two you mean. Sylx Tower and Dark World are the only two dungeons with no savepoints in between. Eureka you can save outside Sylx Tower and Ancient's Maze just as well.
    Ah, but what I was on about was that unlike other FF games I've played, there were no cabins/tents/inns or whathaveyou between four dungeons (Labyrinth, Tower, Eureka, Dark World). And there were a bazillion minibosses . . . and only one place to save in the middle (just outside the tower). Yikes!

And there are healing springs in Eureka. And it's really not that hard to go back through ancient's maze to the Invincible...
    Nuts! I never found any healing springs in Eureka! It would have been so much easier if I had! Grr!

Oh well, it was a fun challenge and I'm glad I did it. Now on to the real reason I forced myself to play and finish it: on to the DS version! :P

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I beat it several years ago, so my memory has become a bit rusty on it. Now I'm patiently waiting until I have a DS so I can play the new version that I have a cartridge of but no system to play it on. xD
    Figaro Castle

It's a lot easier the second time through.
    This space intentionally left blank.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Best game ever made ever. Do you understand?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm REALLY loving the DS version. It is amazingly faithful in the ways that matter and changed the stuff that needed changing (so far, only just now at Nepto).

I did the DS and NES versions, and both were about the same difficulty, surprisingly. In the NES and DS versions, I was around lv 60 at the end, with two ninjas and two sages.