Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dead Fantasy III is on its way!

Those camcorder shots have been around for a while. So I've known what happens. But its nice to watch without fans yelling, and having good quality. I think Cloud was appropriate considering Tifa basically took the thing over. Which is also fitting considering she's one of the few hand to hand fighters that could be put in this, which is more fitting against DOA members

I don't think Kairi or that axe wielding amazon were good choices though. Undecided on Rinoa, but considering they're fighting each other eventually, that whole mess could rectify itself

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Part III was a little disappointing, for me. The action was much less original or innovative compared to the previous two, and the introduction of actual gore and suffering wasn't a pleasing turn.

IV was a great return to form, though - using the Aeons was a neat idea, and the animation on that flower field was fantastic. It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds, now that there apparently is one.

Yeah I really didn't appreciate the introduction of blood and suffering considering the dude stated earlier in the project that it was all just for fun and pointed out that you can see them smile at each other from time to time during the fights. That is apparently not the direction he's taking anymore. Don't know how I feel about them fighting to the death. But we'll see

Introducing the gore implemented the ever so popular "OHHH" from people every time someones hit.

Part V had some hardcore gore right there. Poor (SPOILER)Tifa. Had a sword through her arm and arrows in all the good bits.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Am I seeing things, or does this thread have 21,066 views?

Str8 Pimpin'

People like Dead Fantasy. They just don't talk about it

First rule of Dead Fantasy: You don't talk about Dead Fantasy

Second rule of Dead Fantasy: You don't talk about Dead Fantasy

You just look

At other people talking about Dead Fantasy

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Am I seeing things, or does this thread have 21,066 views?
    Yup. Probably people searching for the video via their favourite search engines...

Just to let everyone know, #5 was released today. Not available in HD for anything my 360 supports. So someday I'll have to download and convert the damn quicktime file. So that sucks. But meh. At least its there. And almost twice as long as from the preview so that's cool. Not sure I approve of some of the choices still. But its an awesome concept regardless

Tifa is definitely undead.

I understand how Tifa feels, I'd rather walk off a cliff than hang out with Cloud too.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 07-29-2009 at 03:45 AM.

I'm getting a little annoyed by the endless mobs of nobody villains against our FF heroes, especially since these swarms seem to be winning. Monty must not like FF much.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Monty must not like FF much.
    He only liked it enough to spend hundred of hours creating high-detail FMV clips, which real attention to detail in the moves, special abilities and magic spells...

It'd be a damn boring series if it was always the FF lasses on top of the fight. You've gotta expect a turnaround or two.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Yeah, that's obvious enough that a good fight is almost never a one sided fight. And you guys took the words out of my mouth. Gore wasn't too good for this actually. Well, I guess we just keep watching and see what happens...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It'd be a damn boring series if it was always the FF lasses on top of the fight. You've gotta expect a turnaround or two.
    Three new movies, and FF barely scrapes by in all of them. Tifa loses in the first one, Yuna loses in the second, and Tifa loses again in the third. I don't expect them to "always" be on top, but I expect them to win at some point. And I certainly don't expect them to lose to thousands of boring non-entities.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

As far as I can tell the gore was used on Tifa to show that she was beaten the heck up. 'Twas sad but I wonder what this twist is about. I am thinking the whole feather thing is hinting at Rinoa's hand in the whole thing. As far as I can tell she is the only one using heavy magic, quite possibly the one who sent Tifa away in the first time.

Also, Yuna turning into High Summoner Yuna for a bit was awesome. SHIVA WAS RIDING IXION! Was a really cool scene.