Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Square Enix Plans To Take Over Tecmo.

I'm the same as you Croyles. The only franchise I like by Tecmo is Ninja Gaiden. Despite my love for fighting games I don't even like Dead or Alive that much. As for Koei, I don't like any of their franchises although I did love Gitaroo Man.

It sounds like a good idea. I like a few of the games from tecmo and it's better for them to merge than be taken over completely.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Obscure image joke time.
    http://i33.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2cmsuqh.jpg (Click)

That's Koei's Opoona peepin' his head into Tecmo's Fatal Frame 4, 2 Wii games.

Koei is sitting real pretty on top of their Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and Musou spinoff franchises in Japan. They don't have much to do with the west though, just the hardcore fans of the Musou games.

I kinda hope Square-Enix doesn't try to get both of them now. They did say that they would accept a rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Today at 1pm Japan Time, Square Enix will be outlining its plans for a friendly takeover troubled game maker Tecmo. Square Enix's takeover would help the company gain a stronger foothold in the U.S. market with popular Tecmo titles like the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive games. What's more, Tecmo's games will help strengthen Square Enix's current portfolio, which is heavily dependent on RPGs.

This isn't the first time Square Enix has moved in on a beleaguered company. In August 2005, Square Enix acquired Taito and wholly owned the company as a subsidiary by September 2005.
    Breaking: Square Enix Plans To Take Over Tecmo

Huh, that is very strange... Ninja Gaiden RPG? Is Itagaki gonna hassle SE for his bonus pay?

Itagaki will probably try to sue SE for something, and then drunkenly break into their office when he loses the case.

Will all future Final Fantasy game characters have insanely huge boobs?
    Discuss.

"You still owe me my bonus! And skin cream!"
    imo, it can't be a bigger stretch than a Mario RPG. But then again, I liked Super Mario RPG. : P

And since when HAVEN'T FF females had huge boobs?

Most Final Fantasy female characters don't have huge boobs. Lulu and Tifa (and hers were reduced) are the only ones that pop into my head.

Square Enix's answer to Tecmo's rejection (through RPGFan):
    Square Enix reacted to the rejection by issuing a statement demanding Tecmo to explain, whether it rejected the friendly TOB as a result of its negotiations with Koei and whether a potential Tecmo - Koei tie-up would constitute a more lucrative deal than Square Enix's proposal. Depending on the answer to the second question, Tecmo should furthermore specify a more lucrative alternative proposal. Square Enix's management would only decide its future course of action once Tecmo's management had provided answers to the aforementioned questions.
    RPGFan News - Tecmo to Team up with Koei?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I hate Dynasty Warriors

The only game I've liked so far was Samurai Warriors 2.

That should have been Dynasty Warriors 2, allowing them to have not made the 50 DW games they did on the PS2 and all the spinoffs and expansions -_-;
    Last edited by Markus. D; 09-05-2008 at 12:42 AM.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Squenix says "Wut? Why? Xplain plz"

The Company immediately requested TECMO for explanation of some issues as follows:

1. Please confirm that the decision on the start of discussions with KOEI toward integration of management is the reason for rejection of the Proposal.

2. If that is the case, please clarify concretely that major terms of integration of management with KOEI (form of the integration, stock prices assumption, integration ratio and so forth) are favorable for TECMO's shareholders than the Proposal.

3. If not, please clarify that TECMO has an alternative plan, which is favorable for TECMO's shareholders than the Proposal.

The Company will make definitive decision on its plan immediately after receiving a response from TECMO.
    For what it's worth, I saw something the other day that's like the estimated stock value (or something) for all the major Japanese game companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Site
    Nintendo
    7 550 900 million Yen

Konami
    452 000 million

+

Hudson (belongs to Konami)
    32 800 million Yen

Square Enix Taito
    408 800 million Yen

Bandai Namco
    320 200 million Yen

Sega Sami
    269 000 million Yen

Capcom
    236 500 million Yen

Koei
    181 200 million Yen
    +
    Tecmo
    22 700 million Yen

Atlus
    8 100 million Yen

AQ Interactive (Artoon+Cavia+FeelPlus+XSEED+Mistwalker)
    7 100 million Yen

Falcom
    2 800 million Yen
    Tecmo alone would have been decent enough for Squenix to buy, but combined with Koei now it probably won't be so easy.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 09-06-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Square should just drop it already and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Most Final Fantasy female characters don't have huge boobs..
    You are technically right, but they do wear obscenely skimpy outfits to make their realistic boobs seem superhuman anyway.