Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist

Default Fullmetal Alchemist

I know there has been a thread on it in the past, but no use in revving a thread that is 10 million years old. (Or two)

But anyway, who likes this anime/manga? I just finished the anime and I have to say I'm hooked! I'm reading the manga right now and I love it. Especially Izumi, who kicks so much ass. She reminds me of my beloved Beatrix.

Though, (SPOILER)I am sad that she died in the anime. However, they are supposedly making a new anime series tightly based on the manga, and her insides get fixed in the manga by Hoho, so maybe she won't die?? Hopefully. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hiromu killed her off.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

Loved the anime to death, liked the movie,and the manga was "weird" I read about 15 chapters and was done with it xD
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

But the manga is where the idea came from. You gotta love it.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

yeah but it's usually like : Love the manga hate the anime, or love the anime and hate the manga. It depends on which you saw first and for me it was the anime. But what I said isn't always true cause I love the Bleach anime and manga :3
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The manga and anime was okay. I can't say I'm a big fan of the series now, but if it wasn't for Fullmetal Alchemist, I probably wouldn't be as into anime today as I already am.

I didn't care for the movie though.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I like both the anime and manga. The movie not so much, but that was Hughes fault. I don't like what they did with him in the movie. I can't wait for the next series to come out either.

I know! I loved Hughes (SPOILER)and they made him a Nazi! Gay.(SPOILER) And they killed off Izumi without a real scene or explanation, which peeved me a bit. I knows she was terminally ill, but still. They could've at least given her a scene.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I got really hooked onto FMA. I dont think I would watch it again. I now know that there may be some deeper and better animes out there but that was the first that I watched which had any substance for an anime. There are animes that do better in each aspect, but FMA brings them all together for an overall fun experience.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I loved the anime until I started reading the manga and realized it does just about everything better (as should be expected--it is, after all, the source material.

FMA was my last favorite anime. Watched it when it first came out, started to read the manga but by that point I was already fading out of the anime scene nothing could save it.

Hail the Fuhrer (DO NOT MISINTERPRET THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT KING BRADLEY AND HIS OWNAGE SWORD!)

Blog Entries

At first i watched the anime and thought because it was made in Japan i could naturally assume that all the characters were meant to be Japanese or atleast Asian...then I read the manga and Asians actually turned up and that threw my assumptions out of whack.

Anyway love manga and anime, havent seen the movie. I wish the manga was finished though.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    At first i watched the anime and thought because it was made in Japan i could naturally assume that all the characters were meant to be Japanese or atleast Asian...then I read the manga and Asians actually turned up and that threw my assumptions out of whack.

Anyway love manga and anime, havent seen the movie. I wish the manga was finished though.
    Waaahhh? You thought they were asians but then asians turned up? That makes no sense.

Well actually its pretty much set in an alternative dimension historic Germany (what a mouthful!).

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Saw the first epi, liked it, but not enough t owatch the rest.

The first episode SUCKS compared to every other episode. Which is ashame, cause you didn't get to Izumi-goodness. She MAKES the series.