Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In charge of a remake!

I would just like Amano's designs if they were consistently as good as the ones in FFVI. They're not though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I would just like Amano's designs if they were consistently as good as the ones in FFVI. They're not though.
    Different taste I guess. I adore his designs but I'm well aware of some of his artwork looking the same. Its a problem with most artist I find. I really loved his designs for IX though, and his drawings he did do for VII and X are truly breathtaking.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

GoldenEye. The only things that would be changed would be a graphical overhaul because damn was that skullskullskullskull ugly, and voice acting added 'cause the movie GoldenEye had a great story and it'd be awesome to hear Sean Bean screaming at you as you chased him around the last level.

Oh plus maybe a couple of new missions, weapons and a few new multiplayer levels and characters, just your standard expansion pack stuff really. No smurfing vehicle sections with clunky controls added though. A lot of FPS games need to learn that vehicles are not the answer. Let's not ruin something good here.

Oh, and the music most definitely has to stay though, as do the gun sounds.

...actually you know what, also the option to smurfing punch Natalya in the face after her little "You shot Boris even though he pulled a gun on you, wah wah wah!" tantrum.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    GoldenEye. The only things that would be changed would be a graphical overhaul because damn was that skullskullskullskull ugly, and voice acting added 'cause the movie GoldenEye had a great story and it'd be awesome to hear Sean Bean screaming at you as you chased him around the last level.

Oh plus maybe a couple of new missions, weapons and a few new multiplayer levels and characters, just your standard expansion pack stuff really. No smurfing vehicle sections with clunky controls added though. A lot of FPS games need to learn that vehicles are not the answer. Let's not ruin something good here.

...actually you know what, also the option to smurfing punch Natalya in the face after her little "You shot Boris even though he pulled a gun on you, wah wah wah!" tantrum.
    <3

I remember having (most of) this conversation with you a while ago. You couldn't have been more right. Hell, all the voices used in the game were just stock samples off the same sound effects CDs used for DOOM, so much so that in the PSX port of DOOM, dying yielded the exact same scream as crushing a bad guy with a tank.

Didn't someone attempt a full blown mod of some other engine for this game, with the small print of "We'll just trust you not to use the jump button"?

Also, I have some vague recollection of hearing about VC and XBLA versions of this game getting boned by some copyright issues, meaning that by still owning an N64, I am better off than those with any "current" console that's allegedly gonna get all these old games ported over the internet.

Now excuse me while I hum/squeal the Dam theme.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-01-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Why do people still get excited over Goldeneye? What did it do that Perfect Dark (the first one) didn't do better?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Why do people still get excited over Goldeneye? What did it do that Perfect Dark (the first one) didn't do better?
    Everything.

It doesn't matter how well anyone answers that question because you're Roto13 and you'll still say that Perfect Dark did it better. I think it had two major differences over GoldenEye: original plot (FPS' are normally reputed for crappy plots anyway so most gamers don't care about their plots) and voice acting... some of the best in a videogame as it happens, but you don't play the voices. Heck, Lylatwars had good voice acting and that preceded it by a few years.

It improved nothing in gameplay terms (besides that neat item selector that appeared if you held the A button, but even then it was better to just pause the game). There were new weapons but nearly every FPS has new weapons.

So to actually answer your question, what did GoldenEye do that Perfect Dark didn't do better? Everything. Because Perfect Dark didn't do any of it better.

Edit: Damn you GB! Beating me to the freakin' punch with the exact same answer in one word!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    It doesn't matter how well anyone answers that question because you're Roto13 and you'll still say that Perfect Dark did it better.
    Oh, bite me.

Oh, bite me.
    *chomp*

Tastes like chicken.

Yes!

Except for the punching Natalya part.. shame on you, Psy!

It improved nothing in gameplay terms (besides that neat item selector that appeared if you held the A button, but even then it was better to just pause the game). There were new weapons but nearly every FPS has new weapons.
    You have to admit that Perfect Dark's weapons were a lot more interesting. Things like the Laptop Gun and the whatever-the-hell gun that could snipe through walls. (Seriously, what could be more badass than a laptop that turns into a gun that turns into a sentry gun?)

Then there was the multiplayer mode, which added a hell of a lot of options, including bots.

Maybe a better question would be, what did Goldeneye do better than Perfect Dark?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

(Seriously, what could be more badass than a laptop that turns into a gun that turns into a sentry gun?)
    A gold cigarette lighter, a gold cigarette case, a gold cuff link, and a gold pen that turn into a one-hit kill monster.

Also c'mon Breine, you know she was annoying!

Maybe a better question would be, what did Goldeneye do better than Perfect Dark?
    -Actually made people like the FPS genre (myself included; this was the first FPS I seriously played).
    -Sold copies (about four times as many in fact).
    -Ran single player mode without an Expansion Pak (which was an absolute godsend if you lived in Europe where they royally screwed up the distribution of Expansion Paks). "Hello, thanks for buying this console. Now if you'll just give us an extra thirty quid, these other three games (DK64, LoZ:MM and PD) will be playable too! Oops, we've run out for some reason." So in other words, didn't cost twice as much to play as any other N64 game only to have little difference gameplay-wise.