Thread: In charge of a remake!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    It improved nothing in gameplay terms (besides that neat item selector that appeared if you held the A button, but even then it was better to just pause the game). There were new weapons but nearly every FPS has new weapons.
    You have to admit that Perfect Dark's weapons were a lot more interesting. Things like the Laptop Gun and the whatever-the-hell gun that could snipe through walls. (Seriously, what could be more badass than a laptop that turns into a gun that turns into a sentry gun?)

Then there was the multiplayer mode, which added a hell of a lot of options, including bots.

Maybe a better question would be, what did Goldeneye do better than Perfect Dark?
    The weapon ideas where cool. But almost too overthetop. Seriously, just give me a gun, and let me shoot at things. >:0

Your first two points are crap. You know that right? Goldeneye drew more people into the FPS genre than Perfect Dark, sure, but it also came out first. Sales mean next to nothing as long as games like Enter the Matrix sell a zillion copies.

I can see how having to buy an expansion pak for it would be annoying, though. I already had one, so that never had a real impact on me. (Didn't DK64 come with an expansion pak in Europe?) Still, the end result was an improvement.

EDIT: If you wanted to use a normal gun, that was always an option too. xP It's not like those were missing.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

But its not like you could win on the ridiculous difficulties without them ;-;

Speaking of Perfect Dark, who else thinks that the N64 Perfect Dark was better than Perfect Dark Zero?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Perfect Dark > Goldeneye itbt In every single way, PD > Goldeneye

And yeah PD >>>>>>>> PDZ

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    Speaking of Perfect Dark, who else thinks that the N64 Perfect Dark was better than Perfect Dark Zero?
    The little I played of Perfect Dark Zero seemed like it was technically better (as it would have to be, being two generations later) but it's not nearly as good in 2005 as Perfect Dark was in 2000.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I genuinely preferred Goldeneye. I found Perfect Dark overcomplicated things.

With Goldeneye I just turn it on and bang I'm on the Dam killing people. No fancy stuff, nothing complex, just fun.

Can we also remember on important thing. You were JAMES BOND!!!!!!

I wish this thread allowed for post-2000 remakes, there are loads of good games that could have been tweaked and made perfect.

Pre-2000 maybe Alundra. I wouldn't change anything, I'd just release it in frickin' Europe.

Oh, and FFVII

OH!!!! Captain Planet and James Pond II for Amiga! Full 3D!

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    The little I played of Perfect Dark Zero seemed like it was technically better (as it would have to be, being two generations later) but it's not nearly as good in 2005 as Perfect Dark was in 2000.
    The multiplayer gameplay was seriously dumbed down in PDZ. The weapon selection and stage selection were severely reduced, and I have yet to find a way to choose a character to play as.
    The only 'new' items in the game are the jetpack, the hovercar, the viblade, and the hawk (the viblade and hawk, of course, being nothing more than the knives in the original split into two seperate items).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh View Post
    Pre-2000 maybe Alundra. I wouldn't change anything, I'd just release it in frickin' Europe.
    It was released in Europe though. I still own my copy.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Me too

(Alundra kicks ass though, it deserves a remake particularly because the sequel wasn't too brilliant)

Just one game?

Meh, whatever!

I would try and re-make Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake!

Give them both MGS3 graphics, get Harry Gregson-Williams to do the music, have the same voice talents as the MGS series (Except Big Boss of course, who shall be done by Donald Sutherland but more gruff and American lol), give them more of a challenging storyline, add the shot key in both of them (There wasn't one in either of the games xD), add flashbacks of MG in MG2 so new gamers would understand it more, I would get rid of the owl thing in one of them, keep the tap codes, but provide a guide in the instruction manual....

Basically, I would update them to newer times

EDIT: Oh and probably Castlevania: Symphony of the Night! Just make it uber lol
    Last edited by Project G; 09-02-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

What??? When??? I definitely had to get an import copy to play it when I did...

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What??? When??? I definitely had to get an import copy to play it when I did...
    It came out in the US a good while before Europe, but it did reach our shores sometime in 1998, if I recall correctly.

Oh, wiki says June '98

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    (Seriously, what could be more badass than a laptop that turns into a gun that turns into a sentry gun?)
    A gold cigarette lighter, a gold cigarette case, a gold cuff link, and a gold pen that turn into a one-hit kill monster.

Also c'mon Breine, you know she was annoying!
    Well, maybe in the "Natalya mission", but other than that she was some pretty hot polygon ass back then.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden_Romance View Post
    EDIT: Oh and probably Castlevania: Symphony of the Night! Just make it uber lol
    How in god's name do you plan to make perfection better if I may ask?