Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo to be sold separately from from Advent Children?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have a PS3 nor did I like AC. So I'm a bit screwed in this regard anyway. Luckily I do have friends who like the things I don't and I can finally see how this game works cause the only thing I'm interested in about XIII is its combat system. I don't mind cause it does seem silly to be releasing a demo with a super ultra special addition movie that was released 3 years ago. At least previous demo's were generally released with SE games.

On the bright side I can also read up on it when every game magazine and their mother posts their thoughts on the demo like they did when the XII demo came out.

let's hope this one doesn't blow like the XII demo did.

Seriously. I almost didn't buy Final Fantasy XII because I hated the demo. Then I impulse bought it on launch day (don't ask me why I would buy a game I'm like 99% sure I'm going to hate) and when I started playing it I realized how much better it was than the demo. :P I wouldn't be surprised if that demo hurt sales a lot more than it helped them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

this is supposed to be like... a realllllly long demo, though. If it's a few bucks, yeah i'll pick it up, maybe if it came with a magazine or something I'd for sure get it, but it is a little shady - why not just release it on the PSN Store/XBL?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    this is supposed to be like... a realllllly long demo, though. If it's a few bucks, yeah i'll pick it up, maybe if it came with a magazine or something I'd for sure get it, but it is a little shady - why not just release it on the PSN Store/XBL?
    It is pretty odd not to have it as a download. Course it seems like SE is pretty hesitant to put anything on the download market and I'm pretty sure placing it on a disc will give them the excuse to jack up the price. :rolleyes2

The reason the FFXII demo sucked was because they made it in a rush, and made the combat miss tons of key elements (gambits!). It didnt have depth either.

I might just get the demo straight, unless if the Ac is a better bargain.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

If its only like a dollar or two I'll probably go in for it..

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

What's the point buying a 30$ something BD for FFVII:AC if you only want the demo?
    If it's 10$ or less, that would make me save alot of money.

Unique is successful as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    What's the point buying a 30$ something BD for FFVII:AC if you only want the demo?
    I'd ask a similar question, which is "What's the point in buying Advent Children again when you already own it?" to the fans but I already know the answer.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    I'd ask a similar question, which is "What's the point in buying Advent Children again when you already own it?" to the fans but I already know the answer.
    To own the BD version of it, viewing it in clear HD and having extra content. They've added more lenght to the movie, that's why it's called complete rather than just AC. Plus videos of XIII&Versus&Agito. And a few more features like FFXIII's Demo if it's ever going to be included.
    For thoses die-hard FFVII:AC Fans out there.

I know no one as of yet who's willing to splash more cash for that.
    If a cheaper stand-alone demo of FFXIII get's out, that's what I'll buy.

If its like 10 extra minutes then forget it, I'm not buying it. If by chance they've actually provided a story or at least filled it out A LOT Then I might not scoff at the idea of buying the same film again.

I can see videos of XIII, Versus and Agito on my laptop.

It's going to be longer than Advent Children itself. :P

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People paid good money for the 'Prologue' edition of Gran Turismo 3 and 4, since they were pretty big demos that matched most complete racing games for content. While I'd never pay for an FF demo - or any other demo - I can see why a playable FFXIII demo would do well. It'd make up for some of the endless delays, and it'd let people talk about the gameplay properly before it comes out. That seems to be an increasingly big part of game marketing these days, ensuring that public or journalists have a change to experience the gameplay for themselves before hand.

just like everyone bought crackdown just for the halo 3 demo (can't say i'm not guilty)...but crackdown actually turned out to be a really fun game, though...but this is different. sure, AC:C has some extra stuff, but at it's core it's still just a rerelease. i personally wouldn't shell out the cash for the movie just to play the demo, but i'd consider buying the demo if it was only a few bucks. i guess we'll just have to see how things turn out.