Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend and I who talked about an FF fighting game back in the day always assumed they would only go with major or lead characters. So it doesn't surprise me that they did.

Any thoughts on who will be top tier and who will be for beginners?

Some translated info from NeoGAF user Duckroll from a Dengek interview.

• The game's story mode is split via characters. At the beginning you can only select the 10 FF heroes on the side of Cosmos.
    • Each character's story mode will have connections and links to the other characters, linking their stories together in the overall plot.
    • You gain PP from playing the game and can use it to unlock not just the alternate costumes for characters, but also the Chaos side characters. The Chaos side characters will also have alternate outfits to unlock.
    • To get the true ending for the game, you have complete the story mode with all the characters.
    • The FF5 story mode has a signficantly different style from the rest.
    • Dissidia does not use motion capture. Instead all the animations are hand animated to give the motion of the characters the feel of animated characters instead of being too realistic.
    • The game is designed such that each story mode can be replayed multiple times and as you play you unlock more and more options in the game, etc. They say that it's a game that you can play "for your entire lifetime", lulz.

I hope Bartz has his own moves and that he is not typical fighting game character who has every time some random characters powers. Like Mokujin or Olcandan from Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    My friend and I who talked about an FF fighting game back in the day always assumed they would only go with major or lead characters. So it doesn't surprise me that they did.

Any thoughts on who will be top tier and who will be for beginners?
    i think warrior of light will definitely be an all-round character, making him good for beginners...i think magic users may be a little harder to get the hang of, so they'll probably be fairly high up in the ranks for experienced players...i'd say the game will be pretty balanced, all-in-all, so it's hard to say

Apparently the villains are harder to control than the heros. For example, Garland's attacks, while extremely powerful, are very slow. So only someone who's well versed at controlling him will be able to use him effectively.

As Kerrod said, magic users may be harder too - and they also tend to be villains rather than heros (apart from Terra). Overall though, I have a feeling the villains will be more fun to use once you get the hang of them.

Oh, and whoever pointed out the Amano love - nice find!

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I can imagine Cloud and Squall being the easier characters to play and Bartz being one of the more difficult.

So does this mean there's twenty story modes or just a hero mode and a villain mode? I'm confuzzled.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, if you've ever played Threads of Fate before, I'm guessing it'll be slightly like that only instead of two sides you have ten or twenty if it goes the same for the villains (it would be very interesting to see their side).

EDIT:

Also Tidus's sword looks pretty much like the Caladbolg only silver o.o

Each character will have his own storyline, but I have no idea how long each storyline will be. Actually, you could work it out....

Ok, I've actually been sad enough to do this. I copied and pasted the crisis core script into word and did 'word count'. Comes to just under 20,000 words. So from this we can say Dissidia has roughly 40,000 words.

40,000/20 = 2000. So for each character there'll probably be (very roughly) 2000 words.

Gosh, I'm sad. xD

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

That's not a lot >.>

I don't think they meant there will be literally twice as many words in Dissidia as in CC. >_>

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable Pig View Post
    I hope Bartz has his own moves and that he is not typical fighting game character who has every time some random characters powers. Like Mokujin or Olcandan from Tekken and Soul Calibur.
    Maybe Gogo? A pretty simple character model, and with everyone else's weapons available...

I don't think they meant there will be literally twice as many words in Dissidia as in CC. >_>
    Yeah...they did...

That's not a lot >.>
    For this type of game...its loads...

clicky clicky clicky

I feel like a fanboy... I yelled for joy upon seeing the FFV data install... : 3

Kefka's Ex-Mode is just ULTIMATE. And Esper Terra is really really hot. : D

Cloud's EX-Mode is him w/ Ultima Weapon.... *yawn* What exactly is Firions EX-Mode? I can't tell what it's supposed to be?

Final Aeon Jecht is pretty weird lookin' too...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Final Aeon Jecht looks like my Uncle Steve on steroids o_o