Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Just found out the name of Bartz's Ex-Burst. "Rapid Fire Dual-Wield Spell Blades" This, combined with the FFV Data Install page, gave me a major nerdgasm. FFV seems to be getting a LOT of love. : D
    The guy who was in charge said it was his favourite FF.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Guess this was a good time to start my FFV Lp then. (/shamelessplug)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bartz's EX Burst also starts with the distant sound of a chocobo cry and chocobo tracks racing across the screen before it bursts into the dimensional swirl of most super moves.

V has definetly gotten a lot of love it deserves. Seriously, the super moves all have some level of fangasm going for them. Terra's EX super for instance is her Desperation attack Riot Blade. Cecil does a version of Omnislash except he changes between Paladin and Dark Knight for each blow and depending on how well you do he either strikes his opponents down with Darkness from the DK or a slash filled with holy light from the Paladin.

Kefka, super move either does Forsaken (his in-game Boss super attack) if you fail or Light of Judgment when he succeeds. Golbez summons his Dark Dragon for his Ex mode and then uses its power to freeze an opponent in place (just like when you face him in the Dwarven castle) while Golbez cast W. Meteo (the attack he casts with FuSoYa that killed Zemus)

This level of detail to the characters and their abilities just shows how much love and care has gone into this game. Just about everything is a reference to the games the characters come from.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry to double post but just wanted to mention that the main site has been updated. Gabranth has been added to the character selection screen and both XI and XII are represented in the special field of the character section that shows the EX modes.

yes, i'd noticed that they've done a really nice job with that section...

the thing i don't like is how a lot of people's Ex-Modes are pretty much exactly the same as their normal mode (with just a change of weapon or something)...i mean, i suppose it doesn't matter because you're only in that mode for a limited amount of time (as soon as you hit the enemy, it begins the ex-burst), but i was disappointed with cloud's, sephiroth's, squall's, and even shantotto's. i know there's really nothing else they could have used for their ex-mode, but i still feel a little disappointed

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I understand, but its neat how close they stay to the original source material by only giving them their Ultimate Weapons. Though I don't remember Lionheart being that big...

From what I've read, they also follow the rules of their games so despite not looking like much, Squall and Tidus' weapons actually give them a bigger boost than one would think. Sephiroth's is disappointing but the Dissidia team just couldn't get Safer Sephiroth to work. I believe the director mentioned Safer Sephiroth could only have been implemented properly by scaling him down which ended up making him look weird cause suddenly he shrank.

It would have been nice though as I am not very fond of KH Sephiroth form.

haha, i also don't remember lionheart being that big, i was going to mention it but i forgot

and safer sephiroth would have been so awesome, but if it meant him looking ridiculous, then i'm glad they didn't use him...it's just a pity that sephiroth didn't have some other form that may have worked, doesn't he have like, 5 in the game?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just 3 if you count his normal form.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Just 3 if you count his normal form.
    Sephiroth has 4 different combat models in FFVII.

His normal outfit from the Kalm flashback.
    Bizzaro Sephiroth form.
    Safer Sephiroth form.
    His shirtless outfit from the one-on-one battle with Cloud at game's end.

And a fifth form if you count his One-Winged-Angel form from Crisis Core and KH.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.