Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I also acknowledge tha Cefka is the japanese spelling, but I'm hoping they'll put it back to Kefka for the english version.
    They will; they always have. Cefca will be Kefka, Frioniel will be Firion (unfortunately), and so on.

I'm just hoping they get the English voice acting right -- especially Kefka's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    The voices are indeed going to be a tough call, for the characters who haven't been given voices before. Especially the likes of Kefka, who's been around for nearly 15 years and has an army of obsessive fans who'll froth at the mouth (and assail the internet with angry posts) as soon as they hear his voice and decide that it doesn't match each of their personal preconceptions about what he'd sound like. OMG WORST VOICE EVER, UR RAPING MY FAV CHAR, U RUIN MY CHILDHOOD, etc.
    *WHINNNNEE*

I like the whole high-pitch low pitch thing personally. Only because Kefka himself is a contradiction and I would imagine in his crazy times he'd be high pitch and his like saner ploting times he'd be low pitched. The only thing that kind of annoys me, is that.. well he sounds kind of retarded. Like the annoying retarded henchman villians have.

I am also annoyed by his little hand thing when he was waving his fingers. Kefka seems to always have crazy snappy points, seeing him JUST being crazy and not having the whole cynical serious to him is kind of bothering, but I also have to accept that he was in an SNES game so what I may have thought to be less crazy more serious moments could have easily have been him having crazy movements. Basically, what I saw as him threatening Edgar about Figaro in a calm snide manner could have easily have been him waving his fingers around, talking all giggly and crazy, and having some kind of crazy body gestures that aren't SNES compatible.

I'm assuming they'll get rid of that though. Essentially Kefka's insane, and.. well if you were a stereotypical crazy guy from an insane asylyum you'd prolly sound just like the japanese voice actor.
    Problem is, is that Kefka is -INSANE- but.. well if he sounded like that in FFVI it would be VERY hard for me to believe that he even got anywhere in the empire. I mean -seriously-, I think even Ghestal would admit that the fool sounded like he was on 20 pounds of crack.

I have more issues with his face than his voice.

So you'll just get lots of angry posts about that from me! =D

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Now that I think about it, Crispin Freeman could make a good Kefka. Observe:

Manic
    Depressive (skip to 1:40)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Now that I think about it, Crispin Freeman could make a good Kefka. Observe:

Manic
    Depressive (skip to 1:40)
    Oh I seriously approve! That's -EXACTLY- how I would imagine Kefka talking.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    My bad my bad sorry I must have missed the part with Sephiroth my first watching of it. : P

I agree he does look stupid with the belt and shoulder thing looks dumb, but that being said, I doubt Square'll take it off. They also messed Kefka up pretty bad, imo : /
    The only reason that's included is becauseNomura is following Amano's work pretty closely (shudder):

Amano's Sephiroth

Nomura's Sephiroth
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

oh well i didn't know that, cool lil tidbit about the Nomura and Amano sephiroth.
    still not crazy about it, but it lessens the blow if the belt has a design history
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

So I watched the video on gametrailers, and noticed there were 10 silhouettes coming out of the fire near the end, and only 8 villians have been announced so far. So unless there were some defections on the cosmos side, I think that means we've got at least 2 more villians coming.

then again they could be swords or odd appendages... 2 of them look a little too oddly shaped to be characters
    *Insert epic sig here*

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    My bad my bad sorry I must have missed the part with Sephiroth my first watching of it. : P

I agree he does look stupid with the belt and shoulder thing looks dumb, but that being said, I doubt Square'll take it off. They also messed Kefka up pretty bad, imo : /
    The only reason that's included is becauseNomura is following Amano's work pretty closely (shudder):
    Yeahh I knew that. I'm just saying, despite my love of Amano's art, Sephy in CG with rainbow belt doesn't look that good.

And as for the 10 villains thing... there's a villain present from each of the first 10 numbered FFs, as well as a hero for each one (I think)

Garland, Palamecia, CoD, Golbez (most likely), ExDeath (most likely) Kefka, Sephy, Ultemecia, Kuja, and Jecht make up the antagonist roster, while Light Warrior, Firion, OK, Cecil (most likely), Bartz (most likely), Celes or Terra (most likely), Cloud (most likely), Squall, Zidane and Tidus make up the protagonist roster.
    Last edited by arcanedude34; 09-06-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Cloud hasn't been seen in any of the images or videos yet, so I don't think he'll be showing up (thankfully).

I think we'd be hoping to High for Celes, i would love to have her appear. shes one of my favourite ff characters ever
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Cloud hasn't been seen in any of the images or videos yet, so I don't think he'll be showing up (thankfully).
    They haven't revealed which FFVII character will be appearing as a counterpart to Sephiroth, so I'd say the chances are pretty good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Thats because Barret is clearly the correct choice.

Completely. I'd love it if Barret was in the roster of characters, although I don't see how they're going to make him agile. Vincent (groan) would be a good character to include as he's pretty air fighting-y in FMV's and the like.

I'd love Vincent or Cid to be FFVII's hero, but I'll take any character from VII, as they all have a connection to Sephiroth (except possibly Yuffie, although you could argue his involvement in the Wutai war led to the downfall of her town)

Zack would be pretty interesting, but Cloud's fine with me. I like Cloud. : P

What was up with that weird little board game thing that popped up sometimes? That seems like a weird way to battle. Reminds me of Tactics.
    Last edited by sdm42393; 09-07-2008 at 03:58 AM. Reason: grammar error

Something tells me that's how you get from battle to battle. My guess, of course