Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it's how you initiate battles in the story mode, and it's kinda to show how the heroes/villians are pawns in the war between the gods

I think I remember reading that somewhere...
    *Insert epic sig here*

Cool times 1000.

That cool was this trailer but too bad I donīt own PSP or have money to buy it, but maybe some day...

I paused when all heroes are visible during video, its near beginning and I counted ten heroes. I identified Squall, Firion, Zidane, Light Warrior and Onion Knight. These are my notifications:

- Next Onion Knight there is clearly some woman, reminds me Terra from FFVI logo.

-No spiky head guys---> no Cloud? I would like have Cloud for one reason, to see his reaction when he notices that Cloud of Darkness shares same name.

-Next to Squall seems to be Cecil.... in his Dark Knight form.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodinator View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's how you initiate battles in the story mode, and it's kinda to show how the heroes/villians are pawns in the war between the gods

I think I remember reading that somewhere...
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Interview with Tetsuya Nomura
    --- With the newest trailer, the characters are shown moving on something like a chess board as if they were game pieces. But we only got a glimpse at this system......

Mr. Nomura: That is from a portion of the game outside of the battles. So far, other than when it comes to the story portions, the staff decided that, "There shouldn't necessarily be a field like an RPG," and the system we came up with is like a chessboard.

--- So when you advance your piece forward, that will initiate an encounter?

Mr. Nomura: Various battles and events occur on the board. We'll explain the details to the public soon. I can tell you that the feeling of seeing the characters as "the pawns in the Gods' game" which was mentioned in the trailers, is primarily what the design is supposed to evoke.

The board game is a strategic way to choose who you want to face off. Its sort of like, you control one character and then you move that character around freely on the board. You can cjhoose to face certain combinations of villains over other combinations.

e.g. You have a choice between facing Kuja or facing Garland next.

I hope the game is properly balanced. I don't want some super, over powered character (stares at Sephiroth and Cloud).

EDIT: Are, didnt see those posts. THanks for the quote, Crystal.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll be pretty surprised if Cloud isn't VII's hero. He's in everything else so I don't see the point in holding him back this time around.

So we only have ten characters from each side? No XII? Ivalice gets shafted again.

^I'm hoping that Gabranth and Basch are secret characters. I could have sworn there was a report citing Nomura artwork of a judge in the Dissidia section. Maybe Im wrong.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    I'd love Vincent or Cid to be FFVII's hero, but I'll take any character from VII, as they all have a connection to Sephiroth (except possibly Yuffie, although you could argue his involvement in the Wutai war led to the downfall of her town)

Zack would be pretty interesting, but Cloud's fine with me. I like Cloud. : P
    Ah! Of course! Every Final Fantasy has a Cid! Speaking of which:

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^I'm hoping that Gabranth and Basch are secret characters. I could have sworn there was a report citing Nomura artwork of a judge in the Dissidia section. Maybe Im wrong.
    I'd prefer Balthier and Dr. Cid! Because he's like my favorite Cid ever.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Now Onion kid and Kefka, this mean we will also see something from ff5?.

I hope..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

i mean i love balthier too, but i would just die of happiness if Basch and Gabranthe were there.
    Basch totally should have been the main character instead of Vaan (i ignore that he's the lead, because Ashe is really) But Basch needed more time to shine, he ruled!
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Banned

It's unlinkely that they'll do FFXII. The game had no "main character", so it'd be hard to pick a protagonist without making fanboys rage. Same with the antagonist, there really wasn't one. Gabranth did his duty, and Vayne wanted to free humanity. FFXII wouldn't work beings that Dissidia seems to be have very strong themes of Good vs Evil. FFXII's morally grey characters would not work in that context.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    It's unlinkely that they'll do FFXII. The game had no "main character", so it'd be hard to pick a protagonist without making fanboys rage. Same with the antagonist, there really wasn't one. Gabranth did his duty, and Vayne wanted to free humanity. FFXII wouldn't work beings that Dissidia seems to be have very strong themes of Good vs Evil. FFXII's morally grey characters would not work in that context.
    Good point... though for FFX, Dissidia's chosen Jecht as the 'villain', apparently, in opposition to Tidus. Despite his role as (SPOILER)Sin, Jecht's actually a (SPOILER)pretty awesome guy. He was a hero once, and became Sin not by choice but because he felt there was a real chance of saving the world. Despite being a lousy father, the final time we see him in the game is when he high-fives his son, after they've both made the ultimate sacrifice. And that's one of my favourite moments in the game.
    Despite that, there's enough conflict and contrast to have Tidus and Jecht pitted against each other in Dissidia, so in theory they could do the same with FFXII. Basch and Gabranth would work well, for reasons of a spoilerish nature; same goes for Cid and Balthier.

soo.... seeing as how i dont know japanese, what is the game about? and its on psp? darn, i wished it was on ps2 so we could play vs other people (player 1 vs. player 2) like tekken or soul caliber. or could you link with psp's? idk how though. i just play castlevania on it
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    soo.... seeing as how i dont know japanese, what is the game about?
    Take the worse crossover fan fiction stories you can find and I'm pretty sure you will be pretty close to Dissidia's plot. Outside of Guilty Gear, I have never cared about the plot of a fighting game so for me it all comes down to how well the battle system is. I have mixed feelings cause I've seen some rather promising footage with Onion Knight vs. Cloud of Darkness and Kuja vs. Zidane but on the other hand I was a little underwhelmed with Tidus vs. Jecht.

Kefka needs to ask Sephiroth "why so serious?". If he doesn't, then this game is dead to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Kefka needs to ask Sephiroth "why so serious?". If he doesn't, then this game is dead to me.
    If the game doesn't feature a Chocobo owning Kefka, Sephiroth, and Gilgamesh with Choco-Meteor at the end then the game will be dead to me as well.