Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Which one is Golbez? The one on the left, or the one on the right?
    >>> The guy thats on esteroids.. I like the helmet though.
    Guess who missed the blatant double yellow arrows.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Sephiroths enemy is of course Cloud.... of Darkness! Sephiroth took his first job as light warrior ( Luneth from III DS) and he encountered that bitch called Cloud of Darkness. Thats how Sephiroth began to hate people with Cloud in their names.

Aeris is Sephiroth's true enemy.

IT'S -OBVIOUS-.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    It's unlinkely that they'll do FFXII. The game had no "main character", so it'd be hard to pick a protagonist without making fanboys rage. Same with the antagonist, there really wasn't one. Gabranth did his duty, and Vayne wanted to free humanity. FFXII wouldn't work beings that Dissidia seems to be have very strong themes of Good vs Evil. FFXII's morally grey characters would not work in that context.
    Good point... though for FFX, Dissidia's chosen Jecht as the 'villain', apparently, in opposition to Tidus. Despite his role as (SPOILER)Sin, Jecht's actually a (SPOILER)pretty awesome guy. He was a hero once, and became Sin not by choice but because he felt there was a real chance of saving the world. Despite being a lousy father, the final time we see him in the game is when he high-fives his son, after they've both made the ultimate sacrifice. And that's one of my favourite moments in the game.
    Despite that, there's enough conflict and contrast to have Tidus and Jecht pitted against each other in Dissidia, so in theory they could do the same with FFXII. Basch and Gabranth would work well, for reasons of a spoilerish nature; same goes for Cid and Balthier.
    Despite his origins, and his turn around, Jecht is still clearly the antagonist. No matter how you look at him. In Zanarkand, he harangues Tidus about how he's an inferioir blitzer, in Spira he plagues Tidus as Tidus tries to live up to his fathers reputation as a guardian. As Sin, the villian role is obvious. It's just like Golbez. He wasn't really a "bad guy", but if I asked you to name the FFIV villian, you'd snap off a Golbez, not Zero/mus. Jecht is the same way. I think its the fact that not only was he the overall antagonist (Seymour fit this role too), he was Tidus' personal demon too. Which makes him much more relevant to the overall story, and solidifies his role as the villian of the game.
    Last edited by Coma; 09-13-2008 at 09:17 AM.

I kinda guessed it would be Terra. They're prolly gonna have her Esper form as her Ex-Mode or whatever it's called. The only thing Celes had to set her apart was Runic Blade... which I can see being almost like a cheat code considering the gameplay.

WOW! I had no idea that Ultimecia, CoD, Kefka, Squall, Tidus, and Jecht would be in this! Now I have to get it.

I'm So happy for the Kefka appearance *o*!
    Now I really need to get a PSP xD...

Hey, I haven't been online in the forum for a while, and i want to speculate about the story xD... is there some specific topic for doing this?... ...I don't want to do it in the wrong place D:

=D
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Extra Good News!

More screenshots of gameplay between Golbez and Cecil, including Onion Knight's alternate costume, Luneth!

Golbez's Ex-Mode is a change in armour that resembles Shadow Dragon!

: O Those Cecil/Golbez pics are awesome, if a little confuzzling...

I know I'm probably one of the few (only?) people who's going to get excited about being able to play as Luneth.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Wait, what, can we play as Luneth or can we not play as Luneth? I don't know anymore.

Luneth's presence confuses me I thought it was Onion Kinght... or is it both?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I've checked it, and apparently it's an alternate costume for Onion Knight that resembles Luneth from III DS. Better than nothing I suppose, though I still wish it was just Luneth in person.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Onion Knight's design seems to be strongly based on Luneth's to begin with. Cecil sounds smurfing awesome and Golbez looks H-O-T. The roster is pretty good so far.

Awaiting an announcement for Cloud and Ex-Death. Curious to see the choice for VI's main character (please not Locke). I'm also curious about the choice for V. I know Bartz sounds like a given but I would be quite impressed if they overlooked him for Galuf or Faris instead.

I'm still hoping for a few XII characters as well.

If they pick Faris, she'd damn well better have Purple Hair. Not that blonde skullskullskullskull from the advance version.

But I could dig Galuf. I actually believe him and Ex-Death have a stronger Rivalry then Bartz an Ex-Death.