Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Y'know I didn't even think of Aeris until you said something, Ava. Now that I do, that would be really really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Wait, what, can we play as Luneth or can we not play as Luneth? I don't know anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdm42393 View Post
    Luneth's presence confuses me I thought it was Onion Kinght... or is it both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Ultima View Post
    More screenshots of gameplay between Golbez and Cecil, including Onion Knight's alternate costume, Luneth!
    And what's wrong with Locke? He's my favorite character from VI. The only problem I can see with him being in Dissidia is that he and Zidane are very much alike. And if Faris was in Dissidia (I hope not, D'yar, and doubt it, as they're already following a trend of main character/main villain) she'd prolly have blonde hair, as Dissidia models are based off Amano art, in which Faris had blond hair. The spriters felt this didn't work (prolly cuz Krile also had blond hair) and changed it.

And it can't be Locke anyway, as Kefka mentioned a special friend of his that was a girl, so either Terra or Celes. I am hoping for Celes, but it'd be more likely for Terra to appear.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Y'know I didn't even think of Aeris until you said something, Ava. Now that I do, that would be really really neat.
    Now that'd be pretty cool... there's just a much conflict and rivalry there, and she's have a whole different fighting style compared to the other 'hero' characters. Lots of magic and healing, I'd guess, rather than leaping through the air flailing around with a sword.

And it can't be Locke anyway, as Kefka mentioned a special friend of his that was a girl, so either Terra or Celes.
    Maybe Kefka can't tell the difference between male and female

Quote Originally Posted by sdm42393 View Post
    And it can't be Locke anyway, as Kefka mentioned a special friend of his that was a girl, so either Terra or Celes.
    Maybe Kefka can't tell the difference between male and female
    Maybe Kefka's intentionally calling Locke a girl to offend him! But that would be politically incorrect and the feminazis would have a field day eating Square execs. alive.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post

And what's wrong with Locke? He's my favorite character from VI.
    I have nothing against Locke, I just prefer Terra and Celes more and I feel they have more of a "main character" status than he does. Besides, the heroes are starting to become more of a "boys club".

Aerith would be an interesting chose for VII but it still would feel weird to not have Cloud considering he's almost everywhere else. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they put both him and Aerith in there together. I can see VII having more characters showing up than the other titles.

I love how this game is (almost) totally literal about using Amano's designs, since Sephiroth and Tidus contain the minor changes from his drawings. I would have really loved to see them use Amano Squall, though, since that would have REALLY played with peoples' heads. XD

And on that note, I have to give a "WTF?" for Luneth's appearance in the latest articles. Perhaps he's an unlockable?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Now that'd be pretty cool... there's just a much conflict and rivalry there, and she's have a whole different fighting style compared to the other 'hero' characters. Lots of magic and healing, I'd guess, rather than leaping through the air flailing around with a sword.
    She'd be the only one without a pointed weapon, wouldn't she?

It'd be neat to fight with a big staff or pole! It couldn't possibly hurt to have a(nother?) female in the hero roster.

It'd be neat to fight with a big staff or pole! It couldn't possibly hurt to have a(nother?) female in the hero roster.
    I hope they don't include Aeris... I didn't like her...

And both Firion and Cecil (Paladin) have staffs already...

I would love to see Gilgamesh as a villain instead of X-Death xD
    That would be awesome xd

Btw, it would be great to see hidden battles with Weapons *.*!... I would love to see that...
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

I think SE said there might be secret characters, and Gilgamesh seems to be most likely secret character and also where is the Cid of this game. Twelve characters might be left out because they are saved for sequel or Ivalice characters will have their own version or they just thought 10 heroes and villains is enough.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post

I hope they don't include Aeris... I didn't like her...

And both Firion and Cecil (Paladin) have staffs already...

Oh. Well yay, then. I didn't know Cecil used a staff o.o

I'm actually hoping for Edgar from VI, simply because all those tools seem like they would be fun to use.

Same with Blitzes, so Sabin would make me happy too. ^_^

Ooh, if it wasn't fer the "main character" status, and the fact that the VI hero is a girl, I'd love Edgar or Sabin (Locke's my favorite from VI, but he's too close to Zidane, who I like better, so I think I'd rather see Edgar or Sabin)

Information about the chess-board map:

Dissidia's divided into stages, each taking place on its own checkerboard-like map.

You'll move your character around like a pawn, picking up equipment and potions on the map and fighting whenever you stop adjacent to an enemy pawn.

To move around on the map you'll need DP, or "Destiny Points".

You earn more DP by defeating non-boss enemies, and the more DP you have at the end of a stage, the more bonus stuff you'll get.

The boss of the stage is usually on the other side of the map, and what's worse, your energy isn't refilled after a battle, so grabbing items on the map is important.

A side note about the non-boss enemies, Duckroll from NeoGAF pointed out that they are Imitation versions of other characters. For example a screenshot in the latest scans show the Warrior of Light next to an enemy pawn that says lvl2 Imitation Kuja.
    source: Final Fantasy Compilations