Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

The only thing I'm annoyed by, is that Kefka has pointed ears, and Terra does not.

But it's prolly my fault for always thinking Terra was more Human than Kefka.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Yeah, a Benjamin appearance would be too shocking for all the ff fans out there (truly an unexpected revelation), so we know that wont happen. I doubt SE and the japanese ff players have any love for mystic quest anyway.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Wow Nice environment, I'm glad they're pulling the locations from the games. Interesting moves too - wall runs and wall jumps. Destructible terrain as well, which'll add to the strategy, or at least to the flashy.

It seems like the Alexander summon restored Cloud's HP during that fight, so I'm assuming summons will be more than just cheap damage factories in this game...

hmm, i'm still a bit iffy on the game play...i dunno, i hope i'm very wrong and the game is awesome, because it has so much potential

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    What makes me really happy about this video is that Cloud does not appear to be horribly broken (Sephiroth is another story...). I was worried he would be overpowered for the sake of the fans. Cloud seems like he's based more on the original game version than all the Compilation bull and that is something that makes me quite happy. Even Sephiroth is somewhat tame in comparison to other forms he's taken in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post

Wow Nice environment, I'm glad they're pulling the locations from the games. Interesting moves too - wall runs and wall jumps. Destructible terrain as well, which'll add to the strategy, or at least to the flashy.
    Yeah, if you look carefully at the Squall/Ultemacia battle, their battleground is the Clock tower in her castle. The few cutscenes of Terra and Kefka show that they are battling in the Magitech Research facilities where the Espers are being drained of their powers.

It seems like the Alexander summon restored Cloud's HP during that fight, so I'm assuming summons will be more than just cheap damage factories in this game...
    If you watch the video on the main site, the summons affect the stats that allow characters to do specials and breaks. In fact, the Alexander summon allowed Cloud to basically kill Sephiroth in one blow since it added Sephiroth's special to Cloud's and allowed him to do a move that did 5000+ damage and basically let Cloud win at the last second. Its a unique system really...

Weirdly perhaps, I like how they actually tried to make each character look different. They all have different noses! From this, I think it's safe to say that the best looking FF heroes are Bartz, Tidus, and Firion.

Also, it seems a bit odd to me that the Onion Knight would have a deeper voice than Zidane. 0.o
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Is funny how they made Onion Knight shorter than Zidane, they created a super midget.

Now im beginning to wonder what other possible secret characters there could be, I actually wouldnt be surprised if Sora was a secret character, you know since KH was one of the first games to feature different FF characters in one story.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I wish i had a way to get some of these things..

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Me too ;_;

I went to this concert at an anime convention once, and the vocalist was drinking a Crisis Core edition potion between songs

you know that you're the epitome of nerd when you crave the opportunity to walk down the street drinking a 'potion' with a game character on the side :rolleyes2

having said that, i WOULD like to try it but only whilst crouched in the darkest corner of my room with the blinds closed

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I wouldn't drink it in public, only because this city has an unusually high amount of Final Fantasy fans that might kill me so they can steal it from me ;_;

hahaha, nice...i live in a small town in Australia, so i doubt i'd get the same reaction if i were to walk up the street with one

EDIT: just out of interest, what city do you live in? i'm assuming it's in the US

I would totally collect these cans. I'd also just be interested in tasting what sort of crap sugary drink they decided to use as a potion.

Anyway, I wouldn't call someone who walked around with these cans (or more generally, seemingly embarrassing things) nerds. To me, people who are perfectly fine doing said things seem extra confident, because they don't care what people think. But then, my definition of nerd seems to be somewhat unique. Maybe I should just accept that, to the majority of the world, I AM a nerd. lol
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT