Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

Default New Dissidia Trailer at Official Website

I'm new here.

So I just wanted to announce it, it's the one from the Square Private Party.

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY

An image from the trailer, not revealing too much.

thats cool,
    is the one in the funny bandana/hat supposed to be Locke. if so i'm pleased because i did not likt the way they made him look for the FMV bits in FFVI for the ps1.

also wots up with Sephiroths silly accesories, he needs to lose them
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

cool, hope this game is great.

so its like a pvp? final fantasy style?! awesome!!!!! omg omg omg squall vs. sephiroth

man, i always just played sc:II and played kilik and just pretended that he was a korean martial artist version of squall in more revealing clothing (they look similar) but this is wheeyyyyy better!
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    thats cool,
    is the one in the funny bandana/hat supposed to be Locke. if so i'm pleased because i did not likt the way they made him look for the FMV bits in FFVI for the ps1.

also wots up with Sephiroths silly accesories, he needs to lose them
    Sephiroth and Locke weren't in this video... I can only assume you thought Frionel was Locke and Kuja was Sephiroth

Uh sephiroth was in the video! i know sephiroth when i see him thank u very much. he had a stupid belt on and some colours on his shoulder pad thing.

Kuja is that thong wearing lady boy, Sephiroth is that masamune weilding lady boy.

i watched the one that said "new" on it on that link
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

My bad my bad sorry I must have missed the part with Sephiroth my first watching of it. : P

I agree he does look stupid with the belt and shoulder thing looks dumb, but that being said, I doubt Square'll take it off. They also messed Kefka up pretty bad, imo : /

Kuja pwns.

Nice trailer. I so badly want a translation for it though.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Kefka's just a beautiful as I would have imagined him in 3D. The only thing I -don't- like are the joker lips and the fact he has really really really green eyes. Not being picky (okay I am), but I just don't like the purple going to his ears.
    I like how he goes all high-pitched to low-pitch though. That's something I always imagined Kefka's voice would have.
    I also acknowledge tha Cefka is the japanese spelling, but I'm hoping they'll put it back to Kefka for the english version.
    Last edited by Avarice-ness; 09-04-2008 at 10:19 PM.

hmm i'm undecided about Kefka, i think he'll be better when its dubbed but he does seem to be heavily "Joker" enspired, but i think he'll turn out alright
    Remember that well.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I also acknowledge tha Cefka is the japanese spelling, but I'm hoping they'll put it back to Kefka for the english version.
    They will; they always have. Cefca will be Kefka, Frioniel will be Firion (unfortunately), and so on.

I'm just hoping they get the English voice acting right -- especially Kefka's.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

;_;!

I gotta play it noooooooow!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The voices are indeed going to be a tough call, for the characters who haven't been given voices before. Especially the likes of Kefka, who's been around for nearly 15 years and has an army of obsessive fans who'll froth at the mouth (and assail the internet with angry posts) as soon as they hear his voice and decide that it doesn't match each of their personal preconceptions about what he'd sound like. OMG WORST VOICE EVER, UR RAPING MY FAV CHAR, U RUIN MY CHILDHOOD, etc.

That said, I hope Zidane's English voice is a tad more masculine than his Japanese actor/actress.

There's not too much new stuff revealed by that trailer, but it was neat to see more of the characters and a little more of the gameplay. I do like how each character's battle screen and commands are based on their original game, from the old-school white-on-blue text boxes to the timed button-presses for Tidus' limit break. Speaking of Tidus... didn't Squall address him by name in the trailer?

I reckon they've got a few more surprises for us before the game comes out, too. The website's character section doesn't list everyone who's been shown in previews so far - I wonder how many more they've yet to reveal?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Speaking of Tidus... didn't Squall address him by name in the trailer?
    Squall says something like "Oitte, ikuzo" -- basically cutting off Tidus's bubbly spiel with "Hey, let's go."

That's Squall for you.