Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IV!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

This news makes me cry lawrence!
    you are the master of this game
    NEVER GIVE UP
    (yeah i didnt realise there was a turtle form until i fought him this morning)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I did some "research" on Cagnazzo and he's always weak again Ice. Did you try using any ice items on him?

Also, there's a solo Cecil guide for the SNES FFII on gamefaqs but I don't know if it will be much help:
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IV (SNES) Solo Cecil Guide by Storm Hunter
    *NOTE* The following strategy is strictly for the SNES version. In the hard type, Kainazzo (Kagnazzo in hard type.) heals for much more but not as often. The following strategy hasn't been tested for the Hardtype yet. This guy can be a real pain. At first he won't do much except Big Wave. You should be doing a good amount of damage to him, so you might be wondering why I think this guy's hard. When he's about half way dead, Kainazzo will retreat into his shell and up his defense and heal himself for exactly 400 HP. He will then come out of his shell and continue to use Big Wave. Under regular cirumstances, this guy would be dead in three hits of Bolt 3, but since we've only got Cecil, we have to whittle away at his HP. With his defense gone up, you'll be doing about 200-300 HP. Unless you can easily do 300+ damage to him at this point, reset and level up, because every second time you hit Kainazzo, he retreats into his shell and heals for another 400 HP. If you're doing more than 300 HP damage to him on a regular
    basis, he can't heal himself as much and will soon fall.
    Maybe you're going to have to level up until you can brute force your way through him. If I remember correctly, Mt. Ordeals is the best level up place until you get the airship after Baron's events. Especially for Cecil when he's a Paladin and nothing can touch him on that mountain.
    Figaro Castle

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    Probably not for a Cecil only game, but you'll definitely get a star for finishing. Just like me.
    Hehe. Tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    This news makes me cry lawrence!
    you are the master of this game
    NEVER GIVE UP
    (yeah i didnt realise there was a turtle form until i fought him this morning)
    Your condolences are well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I did some "research" on Cagnazzo and he's always weak again Ice. Did you try using any ice items on him?

Also, there's a solo Cecil guide for the SNES FFII on gamefaqs but I don't know if it will be much help:
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IV (SNES) Solo Cecil Guide by Storm Hunter
    *NOTE* The following strategy is strictly for the SNES version. In the hard type, Kainazzo (Kagnazzo in hard type.) heals for much more but not as often. The following strategy hasn't been tested for the Hardtype yet. This guy can be a real pain. At first he won't do much except Big Wave. You should be doing a good amount of damage to him, so you might be wondering why I think this guy's hard. When he's about half way dead, Kainazzo will retreat into his shell and up his defense and heal himself for exactly 400 HP. He will then come out of his shell and continue to use Big Wave. Under regular cirumstances, this guy would be dead in three hits of Bolt 3, but since we've only got Cecil, we have to whittle away at his HP. With his defense gone up, you'll be doing about 200-300 HP. Unless you can easily do 300+ damage to him at this point, reset and level up, because every second time you hit Kainazzo, he retreats into his shell and heals for another 400 HP. If you're doing more than 300 HP damage to him on a regular
    basis, he can't heal himself as much and will soon fall.
    Maybe you're going to have to level up until you can brute force your way through him. If I remember correctly, Mt. Ordeals is the best level up place until you get the airship after Baron's events. Especially for Cecil when he's a Paladin and nothing can touch him on that mountain.
    Thanks Mulley!

And I was thinking about using my Antarctic Winds on him, but I scratched the idea. I should've tried it.

But crap, I was afraid that I would have to grind. You realize I've gotta go from 50 Damage to 500 now? Anyway, thanks to you, THE CHALLENGE WILL CONTINUE!!!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, here I go.

It starts.

This is my favorite scene in the game and it only takes five minutes to get there.

It's a party!

Sometimes I like to hide under bridges and pretend I'm a troll.

Apparently in the land of fantasy it's cool to party with a little girl, a karate master with a cold, a girl who likes to play with two men's hearts and then rip one of them out with a spoon as well as a prince who likes to travel the world pretending he's a singing bard.

I hate these two kids.

Milon Z? Scarmiglione is such a cooler name.

Apparently after becoming a paladin Cecil began listening to the music of Elton John, discovered cocaine and frizzed out his hair.

This is the first chance I've had to name this old guy.

I think I see a fish swimming in there.

A cid appears!

I learned in that flash movie that she likes to lick the ladies.

Bringing sexy back.

Mexican ninjas.

A leg to envy. The object of much envy. Jealousy approaches.

The king! The Queen! A Green Bean has killed them all!

As the whale arose from the bottom of the seas all stared in wonder with slack-jawed amazement. All but Taco. Apparently he had seen something like this happen before.

I never got the chance to name the crazy moon-man Mophed.

At last! All but the rarest pokemon summons were mine!

Moments before the fight with Zexy.

Zexy kinda looks like an octopus here.

The end! I beat this game in about 23 hours and 40 minutes Less than 24 hours and that wasn't even a speed playthrough. I got all the extra summons, best weapons and everything.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your time is under 17 hours just before Zeromus. Did you leave the game running for 6-7 hours just to make sure you were prepared for the final battle?
    Figaro Castle

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Video Game time vs Real World time. Most earlier FFs do that and probably later but I never checked. I always wondered what part of the game the timer didn't track. The transition between fights? Opening menus? I have no idea, but they're never accurate. There were also some little breaks in there for food, moderating here and stuffs.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Now that's just freakin' awesome! Congratulations!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I hate trap doors. Like, really hate. But they were not smurfing hard as in the SNES hardtype version.

Demon Wall! I threw everything I had with Edge at him and I defeated him by the skin of my teeth. :-D

Kain shows once more what a d**k he is. I cannot recognize my old love from the SNES days.

Cid is good at overdoing himself!

Currently in the Giant of Babil's "passage". I mean, was it too hazardous to name it "intestines"??? Level grinding like mad because the Fiends made minced meat of me on my first try. >___>

I don't know whether I should join in or not. I got the DS version yesterday but it's quite hard (I got killed by the Mom Bomb, which kind of amuses me). I've never actually finished the game before so I doubt I'll be able to finish it on DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've got a good week left yet, Doc so you still have time. DS is hard, apparently. But if I made it past the Mom Bomb on DS, I think anyone can.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I really need to pick up my playthrough. xP

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm in the underworld, having some trouble with the Golbez fight there. I don't know if I'll finish in time, but at least I'm going to finish this one.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm at the same place Rantzien, and it looks like I'm going to be there for a long time because I have only one Elixer. No Ethers. And Rydia keeps dying so Cecil spends all his time Raising her and trying to Cure instead of being able to use Libra. He's already at level 47 but I think my only chance here is to just keep leveling. It would be nice if I could get back up to the real world so that I could go fight in some dungeons and get some Ethers, but I'm stuck down here. Maybe forever.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Woah

Bahamut rules the underworld with an iron fisted dictatorship.

"No, not after they spent all afternoon putting on my mascara so I could move in on Kain."

Well, there's that mystery solved.

Well, this is a nice easy final boss.

Since they can't beat him, I do. Second time, admittedly. Was a bit underlevelled first time.

Yay

Zemus isn't so happy.

I don't know whether it's this particular translation or something, but I've found that Edge is increasingly getting closer and closer to Tidus in the "very irritating playable character" league table.

"Yeah, Edge, close but no cigar. Half right. You really are a bas-"

FuSoYa is clearly asking for wedding night videos. Clearly.

Take that, George Lucas. FFIV can do the writing thing too!

Posting that picture because I don't need to come up with any innuendo for it.

Chamberlain: "Sir, sarcasm is not befitting of a king!"

Kain = Samus? Could be.

Yay!

Aww.

So yeah, I really enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to. I still hate FFIV's inventory system, but it's a jolly fun game and definitely one of the more challenging Final Fantasy games, though it looks like I had a pretty easy time compared to you people on the DS. What I get for being cheap, I suppose! Thanks for reading.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been having fun doing all the extra stuff in this game that I never got around to finishing it yet. Oh well I don't really have a camera anyway. I did have fun though!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum