Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IV!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    How do you take such consistently clear screenshots? Mine seem to be completely random.
    Mine are consistently crappy.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Humans 3 | Monster 0

Sagensyg's Cecil Only Challenge!
    Situation: My girlfriend is sick in Kaipo. I'm looking for the cure and the only assistance I have is a dead girl, an old guy, and a wimp.

Act One | Desert Fever

In the Waterway, Cecil and the gang ( himself ) ran into Tellah, who I'm sure would've been helpful with his beasty ass HP but ...

... he had to go. Old people cramp my style.

At least he heads-upped me about 'a giant monster,' but it's nothing a single Dark Knight can't handle right?

Act One | Desert Fever: Octommamoth

Eventually, I met up with the beast.

The Octommamoth hurt for a little bit, but all I had to use was one potion and I swiftly finished it off with a 500 Damage Critical. Bye Kishi!

After leaving the cave, I'm greeted with the pleasant site of watching a weak kingdom get completely OWNed by the Red Wings. Their entire force wiped out with a few bombs.

Anyway, some sissy in the castle told me that if we steal this Antlion's egg, its own flesh and blood, it's SEED, it won't attack us and it'll heal my girlfriend. Total BS. But since I'm human and I like swords, I decided killing it would be pretty nice.

Act One | Desert Fever: Antlion

The counterattack was quite the challenge, but my mighty dark skillz out-damaged its ugly ass and destroyed it.

Humans 3 | Monster 0

So I snagged the egg and made haste back to Kaipo.

There, is where that slimy greasy ball of genes healed Rosa from the common cold.

Sparta!

It's a shame she'll be dead in just a second. After all this is a solo challenge. I feel like all my efforts were wasted ...

- And thus concludes the [ Desert Fever ] chronicle of -
    Sagensyg's Cecil Only Challenge!
    What does the lone Dark Knight plan on doing next? Rape and pillage a few towns? Probably!

OOC:The monsters and bosses haven't started hurting yet, so for now the game is a breeze and no grinding so far! Hopefully Mt. Hobbs will be forgiving! ._.

Right?

Right!?
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I can see Mount Hobbs being a pain in the ass on your own. I found it annoying when I had a full party. :P Those skeletons take freaking forever to kill.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

[strike]Yeah I had the same challenge. I even ran away from Zombies in the Waterway, but I'll find an advantage![/strike]

My ego triumphs again! The damage I do in the back row is not altered, but the damage enemies who normally hit 40s on me is instantly drained to 1! This might be easier than I thought. However easy it is until I'm a Paladin at least.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

you not gunna name me after someone B2KX? ; ;

Last time on 24 FFIV.

Leeza became a Paladin and lost her awesome cool bad ass powers on top of all her levels in the process.

We go back to town and talk with the Elder. We use some kind of Star Trek teleporter thing and wind up in Baron and get ready to attack Golbez.

Oh hey, it's NoName! And he changed his name to Karate. Actually I don't know if that's his name or describing what he does. Regardless we make short work of our old friend and force him to join the party so we can have a real bad ass again in the group. Someone needs to take over since Leeza lost her Dark mystique.

Mother smurfer everyone is tougher then Leeza now. Damn you Paladin trials!!!!

So we go through the sewers....caves...errr I'm not sure what they are really. Regardless we make it into the castle and run into Baigan.

Smurf yes! This is hands down the coolest guy ever! He's so bad ass he can bypass the 5 party member limit! Alright time to cap some kneecaps!

What? NO!

So because of Rubah and Heath we have to fight Baigan who can turn into a monster.

What a waste, bad ass knight AND he can turn into a monster and rip people's heads off. Way to go guys. Way to go.

So we don't find Golbez here, but instead run into a Ninja Turtle reject and make short work of him. We get a new bad ass mother smurfer who beats everyone else on the bad ass awesome scale and we continue on.

When suddenly the walls begin to try and crush us to death!

Sage DD and his infinite wisdom astound me.

We escape that little mishap but lose the twins in the process. Oh well, our new member makes up for them both. Introducing...

Kaiser!

So we got an airship now and explore the world. Of everyone's advice this one leaves me scratching my head the most.

I wasn't even aware that ants COULD be turned into steaks.

Eventually we wind up in a kingdom populated by Jess' clones.

Apparently Jess quit her dancing gig and went into the arms business. What a sexy shame.

What a sexy shame indeed...

I don't know where I am or what just happened to me, but god do I love it!

So we continue exploring the town.

I think I found him lady.

Enough bungling around! Eventually we find GoBo who is still injured and he gives us one of his harps. Yeah, like that'll be useful.

Haha good one pal. Next you'll tell me women can vote.

Though this raises the question, of White Mages vs Doctors.

Anyways we continue on and have to get some crystal or some such nonsense which was stolen by the most obnoxious person in the world....this guy!

CAPS LOCK MAKES IT TRUE!

This guy is crazy easy and we get back the crystal, go us!

Apparently we have to fly up into some kind of floating tower or something crazy. Either way we decide to take a rest. Only so much bad ass awesome can be done in one day.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

dammit, you permastoned me! grr

Maybe I should just give up on trying to replay through the game and just finish the play I started and just go ahead and mention my ineligibility for funstars xD

I'm looking for Cid's friends in Baron atm though

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post

What we try to do every night, Pinky! Try and take over the world!
    <3!

How do you take such consistently clear screenshots? Mine seem to be completely random.
    I set the focus on my camera to "macro". Macro shots are extremely close shots. This way I can take clean pictures of the screen. I don't know what happens when you take pics with a camera phone, but mine has the option as far as I can remember. You seem to take pictures of your TV though. A good camera with auto focus ought to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post

OOC: Sorry for the extremely small pictures. If it's an inconvenience, just tell me. Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted, since I had to restart I'm gonna have to high step it to Fabul xD
    If you're using an emulator, you should be able to stretch the window and make it bigger without losing quality. Which emulator are you using?

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

<3!

I set the focus on my camera to "macro". Macro shots are extremely close shots. This way I can take clean pictures of the screen.
    If my one can do this, as I'll be able to join in with the fun. If not.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post

That's more like it!
    If I get round to playing this, I'm calling my Whyte Rantz.

Note to anyone doing solo Cecil. I've tried it myself and there was a point where I found it impossible to get any further. When you have to go to the Sealed Caved in the Underworld there's monsters there that can kill you consistently in two turns. Even after grinding excessively I still couldn't take them down in two rounds. So if you manage to get that far and past that section then kudos to you.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I set the focus on my camera to "macro". Macro shots are extremely close shots. This way I can take clean pictures of the screen. I don't know what happens when you take pics with a camera phone, but mine has the option as far as I can remember. You seem to take pictures of your TV though. A good camera with auto focus ought to do the trick.
    Dammit, mine is set to Macro too, and mine are still random. xP

I'm taking pictures of my DS as well. That's not a TV. :P

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dammit, mine is set to Macro too, and mine are still random. xP

I'm taking pictures of my DS as well. That's not a TV. :P
    My camera works like this: when you press the button lightly, it focuses. When wou press the button more firmly, it takes the shot. When picturing a static subject like a DS screen I always check that the camera's well in focus before taking the picture.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The DS version is really hard, but I'm struggling on.
    I just got destroyed by Scarmiglione really badly, I think it's time to level grind!

What levels should I be? Palom & Porom are a pain to level because they come at like, level 10. :/

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

<3!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post

OOC: Sorry for the extremely small pictures. If it's an inconvenience, just tell me. Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted, since I had to restart I'm gonna have to high step it to Fabul xD
    If you're using an emulator, you should be able to stretch the window and make it bigger without losing quality. Which emulator are you using?
    Actually it's the Emulator that's taking the screenshots, not the [ PrtScrn ] Button. ( I play on x2 window size, but that doesn't effect the screenshot. )

If you hate the smallness then I'll start manually taking screenshots, but you're gonna have to bear with me for a while--I already have some continuing from where I left off to the Fabul invasion, but pretty much anything after Leviathan will be larger from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post

That's more like it!
    If I get round to playing this, I'm calling my Whyte Rantz.

Note to anyone doing solo Cecil. I've tried it myself and there was a point where I found it impossible to get any further. When you have to go to the Sealed Caved in the Underworld there's monsters there that can kill you consistently in two turns. Even after grinding excessively I still couldn't take them down in two rounds. So if you manage to get that far and past that section then kudos to you.
    Wish me luck.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Small screenshots are no problem for me. But some emulators only stretch the window like the one you are using now, others actually augment the number of pixels used to render the graphics, which in turn lets you take bigger screenshots. One such emulator for the SNES is ZSNES. I'm not aware if any GBA emulator does that though.