Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy IV!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

- Special Edition -
    Sagensyg's Cecil Only Challenge!
    The Dramatic Conclusion to Act One!

Now, let's begin The Conquest to Fabul!

Our story last left off with Cecil learning about his replacement: Golbez. And like any man, Cecil sees Golbez as a threat to his dominance of the Blue Planet and decides to go check out his next attack location and find out what this chump is really made of ...

Act One | The Conquest to Fabul

To reach Baron's next siege location however, the Dark Knight has to cross over through Mt. Hobbs. No sweat right?

Except for the undead! But the Dark Knight triumphed once again with--the Legendary Back Row!

Hammertime

And so, our beasty one-man army OHKOed his way up to the peak of Mt. Hobbs and suddenly, Rydia spots a Monk in distress!

Let's not.

Act One | The Conquest to Fabul: Mom Bomb

Eventually, Cecil wanted in on the action and slew the Monk with one swing of his sword and then challenged the enemies the Monk had been fighting! The Mom Bomb was no biggie but she proceeded to frenzy-breed into multiple bombs as a last resort!

She must not know that large numbers are the Dark Knight's specialty!

I assumed my usual battle position ...

Kaaa ... meee ... haaa ... meee ...

Haaa!!!

Death and destruction to all!

Every last one of them was instantly vaporized by Cecil's ultimate powers of darkness! Glad I'm gonna have these 1337 Skillz handy when I finish the game!

OH WAIT

Anyway, after recently tasting blood, the Dark Knight felt this emptiness. His urge to kill Golbez had grown stronger!

Cecil left the mountain and made his way to the monk castle and decided it would be fun to just wait for Golbez's attack and slaughter his troops like helpless little children.

Which brings us to: The Baron Invasion!

Act One | The Baron Invasion

Our beasty Dark Knight decides to join the Fabul forces--with the clever ruse of helping them of course--so he can go toe-to-toe with that dastardly Golbez!

The front-lines stand tall in a suspenseful wait for the Baron attack ...

Act One | The Baron Invasion: Golbez's Forces

~Que [strike]One Winged Angel[/strike] MORTAL KOMBAT THEME!!!

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

TEST YOUR MIGHT
    Alriiight!! Round 1!!

KANO
    Let's go!! Round 2!!

LIU KANG
    I'm just getting started!! Round 3!!

RAIDEN
    Kaioken x 4!!

JOHNNY CAGE
    No.5!! Bring it on!!

Our Man-Tank fought and fought, but the other shlubs couldn't hold out, regardless of the merciless genocide known as the 40-yard radius around Cecil.

So as the troops draw back, one of the weaker, more harmless ones falls from fatigue, exposing our flanks ...

Talk about FAIL.

We had no other option but to retreat into the Crystal Chamber and fend for ourselves there, but all of a sudden--

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARED: KAIN!

Act One | Dragoon Kain

"It's been a while"
    "Kain! You're Alive"

"Indeed. Are you ready to face me, Cecil? Ready your sword!"

Our Hero usually doesn't turn up a challenge, but he wouldn't kill his friend! Nevertheless, they clashed! Kain had dealt a mighty blow but Cecil endured and counterattacked with his full force!

Both were colossal hits, but Kain was just too strong!

The Dragoon delivered a mighty Jump to the Dark Knight ...

and just as Kain was about to finish off Cecil, Golbez

walketh

inneth
    !

Un! Deux! Trois!

A man of few but gruesome words. Yang and Edward had tried to get in his way, but he blasted and defeated them with a single lightning bolt, and as Golbez leaves, he kidnaps Rosa!

I already saved her once and I can do it again! But ...

Cecil, Master of the Abyss--defeated by a Dragoon!? If he couldn't even defeat a Dragoon, then how could he possibly hope to reclaim his position as Head Honcho from Golbez!?

Act One: END

How can Cecil gain the strength to retrieve Rosa back from the TRUE Dark Lord, Golbez? Find out in the next chronicle: Mysidian Prodigies!

- Special Edition -
    Sagensyg's Cecil Only Challenge!
    The Dramatic Conclusion to Act One: END

OOC:I freaking love making these! Oh, and I know the humor is sub-par but bear with me.

Don't worry though, Act Two onward will have larger, more clearer, pictures for you so you don't have to make your eyes bleed to look at them. I'm also going to try my best and record all of the fights with the Elemental Emperors and put them on YouTube or something, if I remember what to save the video as, lol.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I set the focus on my camera to "macro". Macro shots are extremely close shots. This way I can take clean pictures of the screen. I don't know what happens when you take pics with a camera phone, but mine has the option as far as I can remember. You seem to take pictures of your TV though. A good camera with auto focus ought to do the trick.
    Dammit, mine is set to Macro too, and mine are still random. xP

I'm taking pictures of my DS as well. That's not a TV. :P
    My camera works like this: when you press the button lightly, it focuses. When wou press the button more firmly, it takes the shot. When picturing a static subject like a DS screen I always check that the camera's well in focus before taking the picture.
    Well yes, I do let my camera focus before mashing down on the button. :P

I was out again today, but I managed to get some playing done. I didn't have my camera with me, so I never got a picture of Cid saying "First my airship and now my Hobag." That's very sad.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

First shot is of the party at the final save point. Other one is a crumbling last boss. Finally took Zeromus down after 3 tries. Going straight through the game and skipping The Land of Summoned Monsters and Bahamut's Cave left me gimped compared to a normal playthrough. Rydia is extra baggage in the fight anyway since she has crazy low HP and can't cast damaging spells without being countered with Nuke. Being the hot chick she is, I left her face-down after the first round of banging. Time of 10 hours 30 minutes right before the final battle. Yay!

FFIV End.JPG

FFIV Where is your Big Bang now.JPG

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It seems I now have a new fancy addiction to my party. Needless to say, he died at the first battle.

Last famous words.

I suspected as much. Ok, on for some antlion bashing.

I now have the chance to get rid of Rosa for the rest of the game...

Chance lost.

That night Edward is feeling lonely.

Agh indeed.

I always wondered how a hooded figure that obviously looks nothing like a sahagin could change appearance so fast. Turns out sahagin don't like the moonlight and wear capes at night.

Even Anna can't stand what a pansy Edwars is to the point the poor girl turned into a ghost and is back to urge him to fight.

Your advertisement here.

This is the best I could do at the moment. Also, I suck at maths so I'll probably never be able to raise this walking marshmallow's Intelligence or whatever it is. In fact he looks quite stupid already.

I propose a new challenge for all those who have the DS version: funniest Whyte!

Rydia has some problems with fire after being barbecued by the infamous Bomb ring.

we ge to the top of the mountain and there we meet Hulk Hogan's Mini Me Yang.

Worst idea ever.

Does Paladin Cecil watching his bygone days at the movies make any sense?

All of you together? :O

Cecil shows a knack for stating the obvious.
    When I went back to Fabul to search for Recordingway to shoot some cool images of Kain and Cecil fighting, he had disappeared. When I catch him I'll turn him into hare roast.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    Being the hot chick she is, I left her face-down after the first round of banging

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post

This is the best I could do at the moment. Also, I suck at maths so I'll probably never be able to raise this walking marshmallow's Intelligence or whatever it is. In fact he looks quite stupid already.
    Eee! Cute!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

im not doing any screenshots or anything, and probs wont get round to finishing it, but ive just finished octomman on PS.
    Rydia - 12
    Cecil - 15
    Tellah - 20
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, good job oddler!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

So apparently flying straight up leads us into some kind of future mecha fort thing in the sky.

We travel around it for a while and finally meet with Golbez. DD decides to have a bad ass off and promptly loses.

Yes! DD is finally gone! Mafia will finally be safe to play again! My plan has worked!!!!!

Alternatively I wonder what "!" sounds like.

Hypnotizing people turns them evil and do your bidding? Why am I just know learning of this?!

I never quite understood why they put a giant ball up there. You would think an evil mastermind would have an evil trap a little cooler then a giant metal ball suspended from the ceiling.

It's like their sprites just melted together.

So we leave that tower place and have a strategy meeting in Leeza's room.

I'm sorry, can you be a little more vague please?

Speaking of which Lancea and KoShia are back!

HOLY HELL! Their both way higher level then me! Curse you Paladin! Curse you I say! I bet somewhere out there the Elder of Mysidia is laughing right now "Wow I can't believe he fell for that turn into a Paladin trick!".

So we take a key that will apparently lead us to the underworld that needs to be used at a certain spot. After about 20 minutes we give up and decide to chuck the key down some well and go onto plan B, dig a hole until we reach the underworld.

My thoughts exactly.

So we decide to fly down the giant hole in the mountain we caused and what do we find in the underworld?

Dwarves.....lots and lots of dwarves.

At least their happy dwarves.

And very open about their security.

So we meet with the king of the dwarves and go into his secret room which he just let us in.

When we suddenly get attacked!

This is hands down the creepiest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Scratch that. Lucky for Golbez that he has experience as the stunt double for Thing in the Addams Family.

Oh and Momiji's back!

So we decide to go hit back Golbez's crib again.

Hey look, 1337!

Not something you wanna hear while assaulting the biggest bad asses base of operations.

Rocket launchers on his shoulders? This is like the coolest robot ever! Too bad we have to kill him.

Eventually we make it out of there but not before NoName gets blown up. Kaiser shows up and takes us back to the surface, but not before blowing himself up too.

Death by explosion seems to be a common theme in this game.

So looks like it's time to pimp out our ride before we can go on.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Oh dear, I died. : - 0

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just a quick detour to have a quick drink post-crystal rescuing and pre-Rosa rescuing:

"I'm afraid I don't. Do they whip out a Scrabble board? Because I'd give her a triple word score if you know what I mean."

Meanwhile at LOCATIONS UNKNOWN (which rather disappointingly was actually called the Tower of Zot) and after getting kicked out of Troia for mild sexual overtones:

what

You idiot, what did you do that for?

"It's not very effective."
    "I choose you, Tellah!"

Oh for Cid's sake, we discussed this deal. I told you to get the lawyers in to make a contract so we could remind him, but no you had some Mythril armour to buy.

"That's nothing, you should see this pub in Troia..."

"Yeah, we've met three of the four, it would be totally unreasonable to even begin to suspect we might meet the last one. Fiver says he's the most powerful too."

Behind the scenes

"Thank God you came up with that unexpected plot twist at the last minute. Reckon it'll look a bit silly to the players that no one mentioned these up until now?"
    "Nahh."
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

After defeating Rubicant, the Elbanese task force sent to help us out leave as soon as they appear. Cheers then.

Onwards towards Golbez's crystal room! Yes, we're still doing that.

We can't repel poor humour of this magnitude!

It seems Golbez creates traps so intricate that it stops him from getting to his crystals himself. Anyway, the floor falls through and we land near an airship dock.

Golbez destroys your hometown, kills your mother, threatens to kill you, and is bent on world domination, and you have second thoughts about stealing one of his god damn airships?

Actually, it was probably best to leave it, seeing as it's somehow physically impossible to cross over lava with this ship, no matter how high you go. This smurfing game!

Also, it turns out that jumping off an airship at altitude and exploding yourself over a wide area is easily overcome with a few hours rest in hospital.

From there it's a quick trip to the Land of Summons, feat. BushHag.

Namingway is here too. Can't summon him though.

This is the throne room for the King of Summons. It looks more like a basement to me but we'll roll with it

Before we get to talk to the king, we must fight the queen, who is difficult until you cast reflect onto her, so she continually casts Armor and cure3 on your team and makes it impossible for you to lose.

Victory in this battle awards us with the Asura summon, which when called, casts life or cure3 on your team. Completely useless then.

I forgot to take a picture of the Leviatan battle, but I did get his message of congraturation on my spirit being righteous. Violence makes it true.

Next, to Sylvan Cave, which is difficult.

Biggie is alive as well. How the hell he managed to survive an explosion, crawl down the tower, swim through seas of lava, and make his way all the way through this dungeon is not for us to ponder.

We tore apart the King and Queen of summons, but God help us if 50Cent and the gang is able to brush aside FOUR smurfING FAIRIES.

From there it's off to Sealed Cave, where men are men and doors are sentient.

So this is the fabled EvilWall I've heard so much about.

I would have gone further but I forgot to upload the rest to photobucket

there was a picture here

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

just got to mysidia
    Cecil -18 P&P - 10
    need to do some level grinding for Mt Ordeals then. ugh i hate that place
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If we lose power this weekend due to Hurricane Ike I'll probably fire up the GBA and join in on this Eyes on.
    Figaro Castle

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do you really need a hurricane to join Mulley? é_è

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rydia and Tellah have joined me.

These toads are quite useless in a battle, but they sure are cute.

This guy was easy.

Tellah runs off to find Golbez and Edward joins the party.

Antlion is also easy.

The Mom Bomb was seriously a bitch though. I lost count of have many times she has made my party fall after she blows up. I had to do some serious grinding in finally beat her.

We finally got a ship, but Leviathan didn't like that. No pics of him.

Alone again.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles