View Poll Results: From the main villains of FF, who have the best entrance in the story?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garland

2 2.90%
  • Mateus

1 1.45%
  • Zande

1 1.45%
  • Zemus

0 0%
  • Ex-Death

2 2.90%
  • Kefka

8 11.59%
  • Sephiroth

8 11.59%
  • Ultimecia(using Edea's body at the moment)

2 2.90%
  • Kuja

30 43.48%
  • Sin

12 17.39%
  • Shadow Lord

0 0%
  • Vayne

3 4.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Main Villain's Entrance

A villain's entrance is the first appearance of said villain in a situation where the heroes realize said is a villain thus Sephiroth in the flashback is his entrance because Cloud realizes he is a villain (despite the fact that his memories are somewhat obscured).

I could swear the poll mentioned Ultimecia's entrance as being in possession of Edea (but I think otherwise personally).

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Tossup between Kuja and Mateus.

With Kuja, you've just been handed your ass on a silver platter, your party is half dead and he just walks up, gives you this disdainful look, and turns away. His whole attitude in that scene conveys pure contempt. Then he goes and flies away on a freakin' dragon. That scene is made of win.

Mateus, when you first see him in Origins, is torching a city. (Then sending hellspawn and soldiers to pick off the survivors. Bastard.) He's perfectly calm, too, which just makes it just... unnerving. I mean, he's incinerating a city full of people, with no more thought than one would give to stepping on an insect. Kind of gives you an idea of his general opinion of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The Emperor of Palamecia: Hi, um, just to let you guys know... I own the world. Oh yeah, and I burnt your home city down. Your parents are probably dead and all... Yeeeeah. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with the Kabuki fanclub at 3:00...

My favorite entrace is Exdeaths.

It begins with heroes finally getting to the Earth Crystal and it blows up which is not surprising and then starts this cool theme playing and Exdeath is finally revived. Only thing what makes his entrance a bit lame is that soon is unconscious thanks to one little thunder-magic by Krile.

I like Zande's the most, after you barely escape being eaten alive by dragons he doesnt even bother to tell his life story or wax philosophical, just taunts you then proceeds to hose you down repeatedly with meteor

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Kuja, hands down. I'm glad he's finally getting some recognition around here.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

I would have to say Kuja's.

The Music...
    Well, all I can say is that it's great and it fits perfectly with the entire introduction scene for Kuja.

The Setting...
    An ongoing torrential downpour as Kuja looks down on upon Zidane, Vivi and Freya as if they were nothing to him.

My Reaction...
    Pure excellence. Everything put together gives the feeling that Kuja is an all-powerful villain. The best entrance I have seen for a villain.
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 11-08-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The Emperor of Palamecia: Hi, um, just to let you guys know... I own the world. Oh yeah, and I burnt your home city down. Your parents are probably dead and all... Yeeeeah. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with the Kabuki fanclub at 3:00...

I also liked Golbez's appearance, how he just walks up to Rosa and stuffs her in his armor/cape thing.

Of course Kefka
    I LOVE him when he appears and says "There's SAND on my boots", and "Edgar, you pinhead! Why do you have to live in the middle of nowhere?" (or something like this). And this is the first time you hear his main theme and his laugh XDD
    Actually he can be seen during the prologue, while he leaves Vector, and then in Terra's short flashback, but I think the very first time he makes his entrance is at Figaro's castle.
    E adesso aspetterò domani
    per avere nostalgia,
    signora Libertà,
    signorina Fantasia

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't forget that Kefka's intro scene ends with him torching Figaro Castle and sending Magitech Armor to kick your ass...

I'm with Golbez being here, the guy is mentioned and built up long before you meet him. You watch him bomb Damcyan and when he finally shows up; he's brainwashed your best friend to fight and kill you, kicks your whole parties ass, steals the smurfing crystal you fought to protect and then takes your lover just to spite you (and keep Kain in line). Not to mention his theme is pure win.

Of the choices listed though... Kuja easily has the best entrance, especially since he delivers on the badass potential that scene invokes later on.

Kefka's made me laugh (if that counts as his entrance). Hilarity is greatness.

It was hard, though. A lot of FF villians have really good entrances. It's like their specialty. I really like Edea's/Ultimicia's, too. Her's is a close second.
    "I hate Bambi. Because of that stupid movie, the Cowards has been crying since last week! I'm going to kill him to shut him up if he keeps on with it."

sin rocks my fayth dream socks
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, he wasn't actuall on-screen, and he's not even my favorite villan. But when Cloud woke up in that Shinra cell. and there were bloodstains on the wall, I was slightly afraid what was going to happen next. I imagined his massacring the Shinra employees and ending up in the president's office. If that doesn't count, then I like Sin's entrance. He just seems so ominous as he destroys the city of Zanarkand.
    Returners Represent!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This thread is old. If you want to rekindle the discussion of the topic, it's better to create a new thread about it. Cheers!