Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

So I picked it up today. :P Not going to play it yet, but it's in my stack of games right after Disgaea.

Fun fact about PS3 Greatest Hits games: The Greatest Hits banner is on the outside of the plastic so when you take it off, you have the standard box. No more non-uniformity. :P This pleases me.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Oh? That's really cool! I like it, too!

I absolutely LOVED this game! I say loved because my crappy PC is now five years old and won't run the damn thing properly. It was okay at first, but it won't work at all without being in a really poor graphic setting mode thingy.

I need to buy a new PC and re-install this game, pronto.

That's one reason why consoles are so much better for gaming than PC's. As long as it is made for the system you have you know the game will run.

I have found one gripe about Oblivian lately, lol. I traveled all the way to Anvil for my next assignment for the fighters guild. They had me do one little quest and then they said they don't have anything else for me and that I have to go all the way to Chyllendale (sp) for my next quest.

AHH, lol. I think they should have several things for you to do at a particular location. I know the locals will have quests for you to do as well but when you travel all the way there for your guild and all they have is one little assignment it is a mild irritation (the game is to good to get that irritated with).

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not exactly that big a problem, considering you can SUPERTRAVEL or whatever it's called. But yeah, that bugged me about the Fighters' Guild quests too.

I haven't played Oblivion for a while, due to other games (The Darkness, splat), but I really fancy going back to it now.

This is one of my all-time favorite games. (Only FF-X ranks above it). I loved the vastness of it, the freedom to both explore, kill and do whatevery I wanted - but also the freedom of levelling and creating and customizing your character.

A tip when you start - be careful what class you choose, because those ten major skills that are linked to the class are the onces you need to level to gain a level, like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

The only people I've heard complaining about it, really, is the huge Morrowind fans. They compare Oblivion to a model - beautiful to look at, but no brains.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

I hate the battle system beyond compare. >_> Seriously. Everything else about the game is awesome, but the battle system makes me not want to play it. >_>

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, battles grew really old, fast for me. I hated that enemies levelled up with me. Random bandits should not be able to keep pace with the Grand Champion of the Arena. So every time I levelled up I've racked the difficulty down a notch. It's stupid that I had to do that but it's made it more rewarding.

Why do you not like the battle system, Roto13?

It feels like an FPS, only awkward.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Holy mothersmurfing christ! I was just playing the game right now and the game glitched and kept giving me a bounty of 40 for no reason (I had a bounty of 2000 for no reason to begin with) even though I kept getting my Thieves Guild contacts to pay off the guards.

Best part was, the whole town of Bravil did not like this, and literally there was a war with the whole town vs guards. At least 6 of the townspeople are now dead. There may be more, and I think there are, but so far I have found 6 bodies. On the one hand, that is absolutely god damn awesome. On the other hand, now Bravil is going to be a ghost town.

Had to pay my fines properly (after dumping all my stolen goods in my house ) to get rid of that weird glitch.

Roto13: It might take a while to get used to.

Psychotic: Lol, I've heard of similar things happening but have never experienced it myself.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same happened to me in Bruma. I spendt a lot of time there, trying to get on the walls and all(I did succeed xD) and a fight broke out between me and the citizens, but I had so much favour with the gaurds that they sided with me. xD

The entire south side of Bruma is now gone.

I think I'm going to turn the difficulty down, and then some day I'm going to go on a big killing spree and slaughter everyone. XP

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I think I'm going to turn the difficulty down, and then some day I'm going to go on a big killing spree and slaughter everyone. XP
    Trust me, it gets boring after a while.

Small cities can be done in an hour or so, but it takes forever to clear out the imperial city.

Plus, enough gaurds can really get annoying, even at level 85.

Expert armorer really helps though.