Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Peter will have to receive all of his powers from scratch because there will be no time travel in the direction that the show is taking in the upcoming volume. If he had all of his old powers back, he would have Space-Time Manipulation, and it would defeat the purpose of ridding Hiro of his Space-Time Manipulation ability, too.
    There are two hitches to this. Ando+Daphne= Time Travel. Also, there's no need for Peter to receive all of his powers from scratch for the reason you gave. Like Hiro before him (before reverting to a childlike state) Peter would no doubt realize now that time travel just vox everything up.

I am still curious about Ando's powers from Hiro's time-traveling exploits.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No, I meant that Peter will need to receive all of his powers from scratch because he currently has no powers except for Flight. The reasoning for this comes because the executives for the show have said that there will be no time travel in the upcoming volume because that power is gone. I assume that means that Daphne and Ando will not meet again, or that they simply won't do it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

When's the show coming back on?

February 2nd, I believe.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So apparently this show is back.

I thought it was a pretty good episode and looks like things are going in a good direction. Too bad a lot of what the earlier season did is irreversible.

If this storyline immediately followed season 1 I think it would have been a lot better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

EPIC.

I never can decide whose side Bennet is on, and whether he's double-agenting or not. xD

Anyway, that was a great episode, and I'm glad (SPOILER)Sylar's not properly dead. As over-done as he is, the show isn't the same without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    If this storyline immediately followed season 1 I think it would have been a lot better.
    Yeah, I totally agree.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Did Peter suddenly forget that he could fly? He was really struggling to hang on there, when he should've been like 'well, I can fly so it doesn't matter if I let go.'

Unless he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Did Peter suddenly forget that he could fly? He was really struggling to hang on there, when he should've been like 'well, I can fly so it doesn't matter if I let go.'

Unless he can't.
    I read that somehow he can only (SPOILER)hold one power at a time now, and it requires him to touch whoever's power it is. I dunno for definite, though.

Ugh, I only just saw the promo for next week. (SPOILER)Lost, anyone? xD

I completely forgot that it came back yesterday. Dammit, this is what I get for not watching television. Which also reminds me that I forgot that House was on.

Here's hoping Hulu puts both of them up again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A limit to Peter's ability would be good. That should have been done in the beginning. Holding one power at a time makes him unique and very powerful without overdoing it.

Ehh.. I loved Volume 1, but Volume 2 was kinda bland to me. Have not even looked at Volume 3 yet, despite being to watch it on Netflix's "Watch Instantly" section. Just haven't found it in me to care, anymore.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I saw it last night on G4 since i missed Monday's airing and it was the best damn episode that I've ever seen. I used to think that Nathan was good and that he learned from his experience when he almost died, but he seemed to take the God thing in the wrong way. I liked how Ando became a player and how Hiro was bugging him to death. How could he really be a stand alone super hero when his ability is to boost other's powers? Now that I think about it, how could Hiro's powers be boosted, if he had them?

Bennet was cruel man, how could he do that to Suresh, how did Nathan even know he had powers? I'm also a bit confused about the African prophet returning. Is that a part of the telepath's conscience. or did the African also have a ghost power?
    That episode was really good, but I didn't get why Peter was struggling to hold on so much or how ice could create a hole in the plane.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ice froze the plane wall and made it brittle so that it would break away easily.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Did any of you know who that person was that flew out? I hoped whoever it was didn't die. It would be nice to have a new character, but that person would have to have some substance. I don't know why those Company people tried to catch Sylar, I mean come on he's smurfing Sylar! They were stupid as hell the man has about eight different powers. I didn't feel for them at all especially when Sylar cut the guy's head off. Man, that was an intense episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The guy who flew out was probably a red shirt and isn't coming back.