Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mikah and D.L.'s niece were cut from the show. Also, am I the only one finding this season easily predictable?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hiro killing Ando was so lame.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it might be a liiiittle bit too late for that keeping Mohinder sane thing

Wasn't impressed with this episode. They're just trying to throw as much ridiculous crap as they can around in order to get people paying attention. Aside from the Linderman revelation, nothing much meaty happened.

I see what they're trying to do with the whole "Heroes and Villains" thing but it's generally being done hamfisted. Peter, especially. However the Sylar stuff is still pretty interesting, though I suspect that's more due to Quinto than the writers.

Who said anything about keeping him sane? xP

I've actually liked the past two episodes quite a bit. They are trying pretty hard, but it's keeping my interest. I mostly watch Heroes because it follows Chuck anyway. Chuck is a far superior show by the way

I don't understand why Peter didn't automatically get Sylar's power either, but I'm glad he did myself. He's going bananas now and that takes him out from the group more. Maybe now they can't rely on him so much. I've grown to like the Sylar situation. Claire seemed to go from hating him a lot to not hating him all that much pretty fast.

Hiro killing Ando was strange. I had to do something else during a few of his scenes too, and I missed why he wanted to join this group so bad he'd do that goddamnit. But, yeah, he'll fix it at some point, but still... When you see Ando acquiring powers and fighting you in the future, you're probably going to fulfill that prophecy by destroying his trust completely.

Micah won't be in the show now? I liked him.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 10-14-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Oh, I dunno. I think D.L. was important enough while he was alive, and last season his niece had a big enough role. (Whatever happened to her, anyway? Or Mikah for that matter?)
    Regardless, the Niki, DL, and Micah storyline was kept in the background of the series for its entire duration and was hardly a focal point of the series from the writers.

You say that they had a big enough role, but the fact is that nobody else seemed to think so because Micah and Monica were written off without even an acknowledgement to the audience. Dana Davis, the actress for Monica, even guest starred in an early episode this season and her scenes were cut from the show in production.

I am not saying that the lack of development behind Latino and black characters is intentional, but it comes in rather poor taste when the show was advertised to have such a diverse cast before its premiere. There is a saying about this show that goes like, "If you're black, you ain't coming back!" and it's mostly true aside from The Haitian, who only appears every few episodes taking orders from someone.

At this point, I am guessing that Maya will not survive this season for whatever reason.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Who said anything about keeping him sane? xP
    I thought the "watch him" part was about stopping it. I see that I was wrong! xD

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Something I didn't get from the last episode:

(SPOILER)I'm pretty sure Sylar picked up all of the abilities of all the murder victims in the first season. Even so, we see him do things which confirm it -- he liquifies solid objects in front of Mohinder and he was visibly annoyed by Dale Smither's super hearing powers.

Now, this last point I'd like to address. It seems like Sylar actually understands the power so much that he has better use of those abilities than the host. So why was he not able to hear Noah talk to the Canfield (Vortex person)? We see the camera shift to Sylar's perspective and he was not able to hear anything.

I am able to suspend disbelief for the purposes of plot, but at the same time, it bugged me enough to post it, so bleh.

that is something I was wondering about during that small segment....it made me thing wtf....bc I remember the woman he got the abilities from...always wearing headphones and the such

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

(SPOILER)I thought Sylar did hear them and was playing dumb. Later, in the car, Sylar mentions Noah's plot when he's trying to persuade Claire about her Dad. Noah has a look of, "Oh crap, you heard that?" They never spoke of the situation in front of Sylar so either: A) Sylar heard what was going on and played dumb in case he could use it to his advantage or B) Claire and Noah mentioned something about it in front of Sylar between the carousel and when we cut to them in the car which we didn't see. I still think it's A.
    Figaro Castle

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I need to go back watching this.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    (SPOILER)I thought Sylar did hear them and was playing dumb. Later, in the car, Sylar mentions Noah's plot when he's trying to persuade Claire about her Dad. Noah has a look of, "Oh crap, you heard that?" They never spoke of the situation in front of Sylar so either: A) Sylar heard what was going on and played dumb in case he could use it to his advantage or B) Claire and Noah mentioned something about it in front of Sylar between the carousel and when we cut to them in the car which we didn't see. I still think it's A.
    I eventually had to buy this train of thought (A)

Whichever the case, the supers have too much power.

Taken from Heroeswiki:

(SPOILER)According to a response in the Sept. 30, 2008 Behind the Eclipse CBR Q&A, Sylar lost the previous abilities he had gained, except for intuitive aptitude and telekinesis, due to his exposure to the Shanti virus and had to start over in gaining other abilities. The lost abilities would include freezing, enhanced memory, melting, enhanced hearing, precognition, and induced radioactivity. However, Sylar was able to use induced radioactivity and precognition in a possible future (I Am Become Death). In a response in the Oct. 13, 2008 Behind the Eclipse CBR Q&A, it was clarified that Sylar reacquired those powers during the time period inbetween the present and the future shown in the episode.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I eventually had to buy this train of thought (A)

Whichever the case, the supers have too much power.
    *nods* A makes the most sense, and I have to go with that.

Also, why haven't they been showing much of Matt lately, other than (SPOILER)when he's painting the future? That's kind of bugging me because I'd like to see how (SPOILER)him and Daphne end up together in the end.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had actually bought the super hearing explanation, until Craig posted that