Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Taken from Heroeswiki:

(SPOILER)According to a response in the Sept. 30, 2008 Behind the Eclipse CBR Q&A, Sylar lost the previous abilities he had gained, except for intuitive aptitude and telekinesis, due to his exposure to the Shanti virus and had to start over in gaining other abilities. The lost abilities would include freezing, enhanced memory, melting, enhanced hearing, precognition, and induced radioactivity. However, Sylar was able to use induced radioactivity and precognition in a possible future (I Am Become Death). In a response in the Oct. 13, 2008 Behind the Eclipse CBR Q&A, it was clarified that Sylar reacquired those powers during the time period inbetween the present and the future shown in the episode.
    In other words: total cop-out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Basically yeah.

Godlike characters are a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Basically yeah.

I'm telling Dr. Manhattan you said that. :(

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Ugh, Tim Kring stop messing up the continuity.

Seriously though, the writers need to pay more attention.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Basically yeah.

I'm telling Dr. Manhattan you said that.
    Alan Moore doesn't count because he is himself a Godlike man and can basically do whatever he pleases.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

What I saw last night was pretty clever he didn't kill Ando after all and with Hiro trying to catch the African fortune teller was funny. I also liked that puppetmaster guy I just they gave him a little more time because he has the potential to be a classic villain. I'm mad I didn't think of him myself.
    Another question I have is about Peter's father I thought he was pretty cool until I saw that he could suck away Peter's powers, do we really need another god-like person on the show?

Why not just throw in God.

He smites them all! The end!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first time we saw the death scene, one of the first things that ran through my mind was that Hiro had stopped time, and had time to plan some shenanigans to fake the killing. But then I thought, "nah... that's too lame even for Heroes."

Hahaha, but would ya look at that. Even though I thought the "killing" was lame, I gave Heroes credit for having some balls. Lame ass balls, but still balls. I don't think you can get much cheesier than the cop-out they gave for Ando's death.

Ando dying last episode really didn't need to happen because it was pretty obvious that Hiro wasn't actually going to kill him. xP At least they didn't drag the explanation out too long, like they were actually building any suspense. :P

The part with the Russian Roulette was also really predictable. It's like "O NOES! One person is going to get shot! I wonder who it could be?" Of course it was going to be the invincible girl. :P It was entertaining, though.

Peter isn't a god character any more. :o That's like the best thing that could possibly happen to him. I was thinking he'd either need to be nerfed or killed off. Looks like they decided to nerf him. Though I'm pretty sick of this recurring theme of stealing people's powers. Just let it go already.

I think this episode was pretty good, all things considered. :P It gives me hope that they might actually fix things.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yes, I think the theft of Peter's powers is mostly a good thing. Of course, Arthur Petrelli is going to have some pretty stupid moments, since he's got all those powers, but I still think it's better that they belong to a villain—assuming he is—than a "hero". That being said, the recurring "are they heroes or villains?" thing is getting pretty tired. Most of the time it feels like the show is just repeating itself.

Im pretty Glad Peter's powers were taken away! He definatley takes te dumbass award for this show....imean did he actually blame Sylar for giving him these abilities, like it was forced upon him lol...Its kinda funny this is what..the 3rd volume in a row where Peter has inadvertently cause the "ending of the world" plot lol!

It was a good episode but im worried they're going to spend the next few episodes of Peter having his Self Pity party....!!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Another question I have is about Peter's father I thought he was pretty cool until I saw that he could suck away Peter's powers, do we really need another god-like person on the show?
    It might be obnoxious but it at least explains how Peter and Sylar inherited their god-like glean-from-others abilities.
    Figaro Castle

Lunar made a good point in my user notes. :P Why did Daphne freeze when Hiro stopped time to not kill Ando? She didn't freeze that other time he stopped time.

On that thought, does everything around Daphne stop whenever Hiro freezes time anywhere in the world? :P

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well one theory behind a freeze time ability is that the person doesn't stop time they just slow it way down. This has been used in other media before. When she uses her ability she goes so fast that to Hiro it appears that she is moving in normal time. When she isn't using her ability she is moving at normal speed and subject to Hiro's ability. Not all the characters use their ability all the time, so she probably just wasn't using it then.

I am saddened by what happened to Adam Monroe. He was one of the more likable characters even if he was a villain.

It really bugs me that this show can do whatever they want without regard to continuity. And nobody cares because the masses are all like omg heroes. The show started off so well with a good concept and then settled into this predictable pattern of some new godlike villain and some doomsday scenario that the heroes must stop. And this isn't going to end any time soon because it's actually what John Q. Public wants to see.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ah. So super speed is probably something she just turns on and off. :P