Thread: Heroes

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

red shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    red shirt?
    Star Trek lingo now widely accepted around as basically "that extra" that has to die to show the direness of that situation lol!

see also:
    "were not gonna live cause we dont have fire" guy from Lost

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese View Post
    Anyway, that was a great episode, and I'm glad (SPOILER)Sylar's not properly dead. As over-done as he is, the show isn't the same without him.
    (SPOILER)The best scene of that episode is when Sylar lays the smackdown on those agents rounding people up.
    Ugh, I only just saw the promo for next week. (SPOILER)Lost, anyone? xD
    (SPOILER)When they showed the plane crash I asked my wife when Sawyer's going to show up.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    executives have said that there will be no time travel in the upcoming volume because that power is gone. I assume that means that Daphne and Ando will not meet again, or that they simply won't do it.
    Or even better, the possibility that Ando's ability will evolve so he boosts himself instead of others. Seriously, everyone else is so damn powerful. Why the hell would anyone need a frickin' power booster? Daphne's the only character whose powers make sense to boost and when Ando blew up Parkman's head, I instantly recognized the plot element they were introducing.
    I never can decide whose side Bennet is on.
    I just want him dead already. Which is exactly why, like Sylar, he'll probably outlast more than half the cast. They're just going to keep stringing us along giving us hope that Bennet will die and then WHAM, nope, not this time.

(SPOILER)I read that somehow he can only hold one power at a time now, and it requires him to touch whoever's power it is.
    That sucks. I was wondering why he was reaching so desperately for Suresh.

I'm also a bit confused about the African prophet returning. Is that a part of the telepath's conscience. or did the African also have a ghost power?
    That episode was really good, but I didn't get how ice could create a hole in the plane.
    Yeah, Parkman's a headcase. Atmospheric pressure. There's always intense pressure on planes (they call it cabin pressure). If a part of the plane becomes suddenly brittle, the vacuum around the plane (air rushing over the vessel as it jets through the sky) can easily rip it apart. FYI, I also knew that was going to happen when he touched that chick. First guess was freezing someone, but I knew that wouldn't happen to Peter.

Did any of you know who that person was that flew out?
    I don't know why those Company people tried to catch Sylar, I mean come on he's smurfing Sylar! They were stupid as hell the man has about eight different powers.
    Not important.
    Yes, stupid company men.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I never can decide whose side Bennet is on.
    I just want him dead already. Which is exactly why, like Sylar, he'll probably outlast more than half the cast. They're just going to keep stringing us along giving us hope that Bennet will die and then WHAM, nope, not this time.
    Awww, Bennet's great.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The episode last night was alright. Did Daphne die, I hope not she was a sweet character. I'm not really feeling for Sylar's little angered teen sidekick though.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The episode last night was alright. Did Daphne die, I hope not she was a sweet character. I'm not really feeling for Sylar's little angered teen sidekick though.
    Daphne is not a sweet character but she'll be back. Also apparently Sylar is Magneto now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I like the idea of Sylar building a mini-evil army. :evilking:
    Figaro Castle

Meh a filler episode that didnt feel right! if i learnt anything from this episode its that:

Hiro is pretty selfish- cant he be happy at all that Ando is doing something other than being in the background
    Claire is an annoying brat
    Nathan is eviiil
    and Strauss is an idiot but given the circumstances....no sort of an idiot

im kinda sick of them playing that whole Bennet lies to family-Claire rebels- makes situation worse- finds out he was doing his best to protect her once its too late--situation! Makes both parties look stupid! Cant they learn lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Phew! Almost caught up, I'm only 2 episodes behind now xD

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Heroes is yawn now. Claire is stupid whiny brat. Even Bennet's schtick is getting a little played. This show could have been so much better. The only interesting characters anymore are Sylar and Nathan.

(SPOILER)Pyro is totally Sylar's little brother, but it's not hard to figure that one out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I think Peter needs to recruit Sylar.

I had to really force myself to watch this last episode. They really drag things out. Heroes is lucky I have no life at all or I'd quit watching it entirely.

I do like the Sylar stuff at least.

I think "Rebel" is Angela, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it's Micah. Wasn't he supposed to show up again this Volume? I doubt it is, but I liked him and want it to be.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dropping moral anvils left and right here. They could have at least made the jumpsuits a different color.

Okay Sylar remains the most worthwhile element of the show but let's be honest, Parkman making the dudes shoot each other up was A) Fairly badass and B) Not really what he used to be like. I like that he has apparently gone bat Rambo insane and demands bloody vengeance for Daphne.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That last episode wasn't anything really special. it was all right. I can't stand to like at that hunter guy, he looks like an alien's baby.