Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Last episode was a little better. I got confused at one point probably because I missed something when I went out to walk the dog, but what was the deal between Sylar transforming into his "mother?" Also he said Ms. Petrelli can read the past, I could've sworn she can only see the future.

I can't believe this is the end of the season. It doesn't feel like much has been accomplished and Sylar going to the Hunter's side was weird. Why did he except something like that? He doesn't like anyone with powers yet, he sides with Sylar who has a million and who could kill him in a blink of an eye at any moment.

I might not have payed much attention, but how are the super humans being tracked in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Last episode was a little better. I got confused at one point probably because I missed something when I went out to walk the dog, but what was the deal between Sylar transforming into his "mother?" Also he said Ms. Petrelli can read the past, I could've sworn she can only see the future.
    He was refering to the time when he was in level 5 and Angela gave him someone that had the ablity to see someones past!

one more episode to go and while they're not spectacular episodes...they do seem like they're heading in the right direction!

lol volume 5 is called "redemption"...thought i'd just mention that lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Always good when we get a lot of Sylar.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Interesting ending, though it was sad because Nathan and Sylar are two of my favorite characters. Now we'll be without one or the other. The Nathan/Sylar development alone should make a good plot for next season.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Interesting ending, though it was sad because Nathan and Sylar are two of my favorite characters. Now we'll be without one or the other. The Nathan/Sylar development alone should make a good plot for next season.

Sylar could totally rape Claire.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was thinking if he ever did with his powers since he was forcing her to drink. He could telekenetically make her give him a blow job.
    For seriousness now. I was also sad to see Nathan go. Good episode. Nathan could have lived if Peter went out the window and looked for them. They should have used a different strategy too. Have Peter at the window and Nathan at the door. It seemed reckless to rush him.

I don't know what to say about Tracy's return, but Hiro's condition is interesting and saddenning. I hope he doesn't die, they cannot kill him off. What kind of plot can there be now. Of course the hunter'organization is going to be shut down now with Peter's ability.

Another thing about Hiro. I was thinking that maybe he got that way because Ando touched him a few times and he's a super charger and Hiro was already powerful enough so the boost would hurt him. Also, can Hiro still travel through time?

I know the baby touched him and made time stop, but I thought that stopping time and traveling through it all counts as one power. I wonder if he'll ever get his teleport back.

He can't time travel because the producers wanted to get rid of time travel from the series since they sucked at explaining it.

hey we need a new name for nathan/sylar...how about nathar lol

I still wish they would have made claire heal him, because I remember a time when(SPOILER)bennet died she used her blood to bring him back to life so why can't that work here??

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Default Heroes

Hi, Im new here, but I did want create a thread telling you all that so instead I made this. This thread concerns the lastest series of Heroes that finished like a week or two ago.
    *If you haven't finished watching the latest series-Fugitives-then there will be spoilers*

Now I love Heroes, I loved its amazing first volume, was hooked on the fantastic second volume, stuck through its pretty dull third volume and was thrilled over the volume. But I do feel like they have been making a few mistakes lately. I mean they always make mistakes in the plot, but its usually to do with time travel stuff which can get a bit complicated so I look past it. But I found that in this series, there was a few problems that could have been solved if Claire just cut open her arm and let everyone suckle on it.

1.This one concerns both Hiro and Peter-Not at one poit did anyone think "Hey, Peter. If Claire gives you some of her blood, do you think it will heal you and so restore your powers" Now it may not have worked but it would be worth trying at least. And if it doesn't work, she could at least give some of her blood to Hiro to heal that stange tumor he seems to have developed after using his partial powers too long.
    2.Nathans Death-I cant believe they made this mistake, I mean Noah was right there as well. He was brought back to life by Claires blood after being shot in the eye. How the hell did they forget about that.

Im sure there was something else, but I cant remember what they were. Anyway, a few more problems I notices.

No matter how deadly your power is, it never back fires on the wielders. If it did then Peter would have been incinerated when he went nuclear in the first series. Oh, but Elle did shock herself when her powers went out of control...ok, never mind this one.

How the hell did the Government always find them, even when they are in the desert in the middle of nowhere and no one knew you was their, they still find you. How was that even possible.

Mohinders dad was really shocked (in the first series) when he saw Sylar move that cup with his mind. And was all like "This proves my theory is right" But know they are saying that he's known about them for at least 10 years.

On the episode:Clear and Present Danger-Mohinder hits Danko with the Taxi door then races down to the bottom floor, only stopping to jump into a car. And Yet theres Danko, waiting for him like he didn't just go flying after being hit by a door.

But I do love Heroes, so heres a few good points:
    1.After all that has happened, they still haven't killed off Sylar. Yay.
    2.Sylars dad will hopefully become the bad guy for the next season.Cool.
    3.Matt's power is amazing. At first I thought it was the worst power ever, but now its developed into one of the best. I love the way he makes people believe he's not there.
    4.I aways thought Ando was cool without powers, but now he's even better with them. But I still hope that Hiro gets his back.
    5.Micah is back and his powers have got a lot better and his voice is a lot deeper.

So yeah, feel free to add to the problem list or if you can answer them or you just like Heroes then chat away.

The particular scene where Ando accidentally supercharged Matt was so hilarious, which had me cracked up for like 15 minutes. Look at how they acted in that scene!

The way how Time Travel is used in the Heroes series and TT's interaction with the storyline are difficult to determine whether the producers have done the right job on that part or not. Well, at least they have made Kaito's accelerated possibility power non-canonical because if it were canonical, would it have led to more plot holes? Most likely. There is a deleted scene of Kaito using his power if you didn't know.

Can you imagine the effects of Supercharge with Time powers? Would that explain why Hiro was injurying himself, like nosebleeds and headaches? It's either that or Mohinder's explanation about how he was injured. But remember that the powers of Peter and Hiro were removed by the same person, Arthur. If I recall correctly, later in the series, Peter has had gained some of his powers back and yet he didn't injury himself. Unlike Hiro. Or was it because of the catalyst?

Sylar's dad becoming the main villain in the next season? I don't know because he's dying from his cancer and as a result, I don't think he will have the strength to stand up and do dirty jobs. Unless, of course, someone gives him mass-loads of adrenaline drugs.

What's strange is that the heroes have not decided to revive Nathan with Claire's blood. Maybe it's because of the 'You can only use it once' thing or maybe the producers thought that it would be boring if every single important deceased character gets revived by Claire's blood all the time.

I'm looking forward to the next season.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    But I found that in this series, there was a few problems that could have been solved if Claire just cut open her arm and let everyone suckle on it.
    The general consensus in the fan community is that the writers are trying to avoid the use of regenerative blood as a plot device. This is shown by its lack of mention in Season 3 aside from its premiere episode.

The writers stated that the use of regenerative blood only works on a person for a single time to help cover themselves. This would excuse Nathan from not being saved since it was used once on him at the beginning of Season 2.

No matter how deadly your power is, it never back fires on the wielders. If it did then Peter would have been incinerated when he went nuclear in the first series. Oh, but Elle did shock herself when her powers went out of control...ok, never mind this one.
    There is a concept in Heroes called ability immunity. There are some abilities that can hurt or affect the user in the same manner as they affect other people. Elle Bishop was not immune to her own electrical currents, Stephen Canfield was not immune to his own vortices, and Sylar is not immune to telekinesis.

How the hell did the Government always find them, even when they are in the desert in the middle of nowhere and no one knew you was their, they still find you. How was that even possible.
    The fact that they were kidnapping citizens of other countries, too, was pretty unrealistic. I agree.

Mohinders dad was really shocked (in the first series) when he saw Sylar move that cup with his mind. And was all like "This proves my theory is right" But know they are saying that he's known about them for at least 10 years.
    The writers performed a process called retcon, or retroactive continuity, where they retroactively add to the story by inserting details that were not present in the original draft. In this case, they bring back the character of Chandra Suresh to show that he worked previously with evolved humans before having his memories of the incidents erased by Charles Deveaux.

1.After all that has happened, they still haven't killed off Sylar. Yay.
    This can be a good or a bad thing depending on if you like the character or not. I think his role in the series is becoming stale as he was originally intended to die in the finale of the first season.

2.Sylars dad will hopefully become the bad guy for the next season.Cool.
    Samson Gray may make an appearance next season; however, the bad guy for the next season is Tracy Strauss.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    He can't time travel because the producers wanted to get rid of time travel from the series since they sucked at explaining it.
    How do you know he can't it's probably most likely that he doesn't want to as he saw sometimes that going back in time makes things more complicated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Unless you think of the writers of Heroes as a bunch of 12 year old boys, the plots aren't going to make a whole lot of sense. They put stuff in because they think it's cool and works for the time being, without actually considering continuity or precedence.

It's fun to try to figure this stuff out but it is a fruitless effort. Any explanation the writers or producers give to these inconsistencies are nothing more than copouts come up with at the last minute to throw fans a small bone. Plenty of shows have rewritten the history or contradicted established context occassionally, but Heroes takes the cake by managing to do this so frequently. It's ridiculous.

Entertaining show, though.

roogle and everyone else...from what i remember peter did have a negative effect from his explosion...he lost his memory

and the government thing...satillites?